“PROSTITUTES & BED BUGS!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Knights Inn Houston to your Saves list
Knights Inn Houston
Knights Inn Houston
1.5 of 5 Motel   |   12500 North Freeway, Houston, TX 77060 (Formerly Days Inn)   |
Ranked #388 of 451 hotels in Houston
Waverly
“PROSTITUTES & BED BUGS!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I'm not sure what there were more of. There were prostitutes in the lobby when I checked in. I reserved a non smoking room thinking this would be great since I had an early flight the next morning and this hotel was so close to the airport. WRONG!!! They didn't have any non smoking rooms available when I arrived so they gave me a smoking room. The room was a disaster...holes in the walls, light fixtures hanging from the ceiling, & cockroaches. Then I checked the bed and there were bed bugs EVERYWHERE!!!! I turned around & left the room immediately and went back to the lobby. The man who checked me in was gone & no one else came to the counter so I left my room key on the counter & walked out the door!!

Room Tip: Do not stay at this hotel!!!!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

50 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

They handed me a bottle of anti-bacterial spray for me to take to my room when I checked in. It was late and I had no time to go to another hotel as they were all booked, so I figured it couldn't be that bad and I could manage....it was that bad. 10 minutes in to my turning on the light the cockroach appeared, there were holes in the bedding, a terrible smell in the room, dirty, and had graffiti on some o the furniture. No tv channls as they were switching providers. The hotel looks nothing like the pictures shown here. The guests in the hotel sure didn't make me feel safe as I was expecting to see a drug deal happen any moment.

Stay away. Far, far away.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Northampton
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

My husband, me and our dog were laid over so we decided to find a hotel so we wouldn't need to run the truck all day and night (we are semi-truck owner/operators). This location was close to our terminal so it seemed a good choice.....NOT! Upon entering our room, it was crawling with cock roaches within minutes. I went to the front desk and explained that "there was a bug problem". She told me that the room probably hadn't been sprayed and she could move us to another room. I agreed but the physological damage had already been done. We moved to another room but I could not sleep for fear of the bugs coming into that room. And it didn't help that I found a 3 inch dead roach on the windowsill. We checked out at 2:30am in the morning. I suspected bad conditions when we noticed that there were people "living" at the hotel.

I immediately contacted my hotel rewards and they helped me to get a full refund. The hotel management was supposed to contact me but all I ever received from them was a refund check. I will NEVER stay here again or at any Knights Inn.

The only good thing that was nearby was a little Italian restaurant that is located in front of the hotel. Excellent food and service, I would eat there again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
lufkin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

I drove up and was like hmmmm???? I went in and was like mmmmmmm?
I paid for my rooom opened the door and RANNNNNNNNN back for a refund,,,,,,,, True Story smh
The manager even tried to upgrade the room it was just absolutelt scarry. I though that I was going to have to call the authorities if I didn't get a refund. He hated it but he knew why.

I would never go back there.

Room Tip: look at the prople the managers and the property.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Quito, Ecuador
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

This was like going to hell. Don't believe anything they tell you at the desk and much less what the manager or owner says. they are all lies. Stay away. Rooms not cleaned, can't get replacement towels or sheets, drugs, prostitution. Beds are delapidated, pillows flat, carpets dirty, might sink thru floors because they are rotten, tv and air conditioner don't work. and worst yet the elevator doesn't work, you may not get out of it. Continental breakfast consist of stale donuts that have been outdated and put in refrigerator and also pastries from outlet store. Shuttle driver is a grouch and unreliable. Restaurant has roaches in it and reported to board of health. Bed bugs and also roaches in rooms. Dogs are not on leaches according to the law and you might get bit. Don't even think of trying to get your money back they will keep it. Also they steal from the rooms.

Room Tip: I would not even rate it as 1 because it is deplorable and accommodations are worst than the project...
Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Lubbock, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2011

So bad I wanted to leave but was too tired. I travel a lot. I've stayed in some bad hotels but this was the worst. Don't stay here no matter how cheap the price.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2011

This is the worse hotel ever..do not stay here. The hotel looks ok from the outside, was tired after a long drive and decided to stay at a cheap resonable hotel for a few hours of sleep. after checking in.... the elevator to get to the second room floor, you had to push 3rd floor to get to the second floor, the hallways was very dirty and dark, people walking down the hallway with no shoes on, very scary!!! Then the room key would not work had to try several attempts to get in the room..once in the room I noticed a roach crawling on the wall by the Tv that barely worked. OMG also roaches in the bed...that was it I was not in the room for 5 minutes..immediately went to the elevator to go back to demand my money back only to find the elevator did not work, took the stairs which took you outside the hotel on the side in the dark no lights...OH I WAS FURIOUS!!! walked around to the front back to the desk to ask for my money back and the front desk clerk told me that he could refund the money back 38.50 less 20.00 dollars I PAID 68.50 FOR THIS DUMP, AND I WAS PENALIZED FOR BEING IN THE ROOM 5 MINS. I had to call back the next day to speak with the manager to approve me getting all my money back, unnaceptable because every time I called the manager was not in or on the phone at the time. This is the worse experience ever, do not book a room here unless your on CRACK AND DONT CARE!!! I will be contacting my bank and denying all charges, I will get my full refund back one way or another

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Knights Inn Houston? Share your experiences!