“Has just received a much needed reno” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
FREE Wi-Fi
Ranked #156 of 468 Hotels in Houston
Perth, Australia
“Has just received a much needed reno”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel countless times over the last 6-7 years. There used to be two problems for me.
1) The atrium area was dated and felt dirty.
2) The internet was terrible / spotty.

Well after 37 hours of travel from Perth (yes 37) I was very pleased to see that the old dated atrium area had been renovated with a new beautiful lounge area and restaurant.

I then fell on the very comfortable bed and pulled my trusty laptop out and prayed (I am shut down without wifi/internet). The internet quality was outstanding.

Breakfast was included with my corporate rate and included a decent buffet with fresh fruit, biscuits and gravy, eggs, sausage etc, juice, really bad coffee, and an excellent omelette station.

The rooms are good though I think the bathrooms probably could use an update. The air conditioning is excellent and silent. I'll continue to stay here when doing business in the Westchase Area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
MarriottWestchase, General Manager at Houston Marriott Westchase, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Your kind review is sincerely appreciated and we’re thrilled that the recent updates to our hotel helped to make your stay at the Houston Marriott Westchase enjoyable. Our guests are our top priority and reading your review made us all smile after learning that the concerns you had prior to this last visit were no longer an issue. We look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in the area. Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

I stayed for one night here in a two double bedroom. The front desk staff got the job done but wasn't pleasant to deal with. The room was fine, no real problems on that front.

I ordered room service for breakfast, and was satisfied. It arrived promptly and tasted good.

I think in my overall experience with the hotel, it accomplished what it needed to. There was nothing special that stuck out with amenities or level of customer service. So based on the price, unless you need to stay in this location I would recommend staying somewhere closer to the Galleria area just down Westheimer. There are many fine hotels that will provide updated facilities and much better customer service for the money.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Hearing from our guests, positive or otherwise, gives us the ability to continually improve the experience for future guests and for that we are grateful. It is disappointing to learn that although your recent stay with us was satisfactory, we were not able to fully impress you. Thank you for taking the time to share your review; we hope to have an opportunity in the future to welcome you back.
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

AWFUL MARRIOTT-not the usual MARRIOTT STANDARDS, one would expect.

A two night trip for business.
Several room complaints. Old, tired, dirty rooms.
No tolietries in the bathroom upon arrival.
The a/c was my biggest nightmare, very noisy, very very cold and WOULD NOT TURN OFF. A very atiquated a/c system. In February why one needs A/C on full, and uncontrolable by guests at their choice, beats me.
As a european, I do not rely on a/c all year round,and deteste sleeping with it on. I appreciate Texas mainly only see's hot and humid climate, but in February, it was as cold as europe.
I reported the a/c to a room maid who was in the corridor, I was given a blank expression of confussion as the english language was to understand. Instead I had to drag the person in to point.
Several hours past and an engineer did not appear, and the toliet items also never appeared.

At bedtime I found my room lights did not work.

All of the above were reported to the reception manager the next day. I was informed nothing cold be done to the a/c.

Nothing was addressed. I left the hotel, with extremley painful sinus issue, due to the uncontrolable a/c.
The staff are unhelpful, dreadful undertanding of the english language, however spanish is a bonus.
A dirty, shabby, poor looking hotel.
No reconigtion of being a marriott loyal customer.
Not a care in the world to my room complaints or any service recovery to rectify.
This is an extremley poor below standard Marriott.
I've recieved better service and room standards on a highway, hostal for the night.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
It is definitely disappointing to learn that during your recent stay you faced so many challenges, and for that we deeply apologize. Your experience is certainly not typical of what we want our guests to encounter and wish that we could have created a better experience for you. Feedback from our guests is truly appreciated as it gives us the opportunity to continuously improve upon our services. Thank you for your review.
Houston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

Clean rooms, good wifi. Front desk not too helpful. When I asked for some toiletries they said they had given them out for the day. Same with the second day. There was a hole in my pillow sheet. The water in the shower doesn't drain until the tub is about 1/5 full of water. I tried two rooms and both were like this. Plenty of free parking. Good water pressure. I'd go back again, but compared to other Marriotts this one is nothing special.

Stayed March 2013
MarriottWestchase, General Manager at Houston Marriott Westchase, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
While we are glad to know you enjoyed the cleanliness of your room, the quality of the Wi-Fi and the water pressure; it is certainly disappointing to learn that your expectations were not met in every way. We value you as a guest and we will share your comments with our management team so we can continue to improve. We hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon and exceed your expectations in every way. Thank you.
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

As Platinum members, we have stayed obviously at Marriott Hotels. First, the place is huge and the time we stayed they were remodeling the lobby. The layout is similar to the Hilton Embassy brand with an open floor to ceiling lobby area.
Although I did not need a bellman, i was somewhat surprised not to find one or two in front. I did see a person or two by the concierge area which was by the front but no one approached us. Again, we did not desire assistance. As a platinum member one is offered an amenity or points. As we were a bit hungry we requested the fruit platter with pretzels.. If we do not take the points this is what we usually order. Other hotels offered quite nice plate with a few pieces of fruit. We received one small red apple and one small bag of pretzels. This is not the norm we have experienced in other Marriott hotels. This was quite surprising.
The room was fine and clean - a typical Marriott on the road to be remodeled. The bathroom did not have a magnifying mirror as most other Marriott hotels. As a woman business traveler over the age of 40, this is much desired and appreciated.
The concierge lounge was nice and the food offered at breakfast was more than adequate.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
MarriottWestchase, General Manager at Houston Marriott Westchase, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent stay in the area. We care deeply about every guest’s feedback and appreciate your comments regarding your visit. It is clear from your review that we missed an opportunity to create the experience you had expected of us and we are truly regret your disappointment with the fruit platter and the absence of a magnifying mirror in the bathroom. We hope that we can welcome you back again in the future and provide you with an experience that exceeds your expectations.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

THIS HOTEL IS BEAUTIFUL!!! Very well maintained, great staff! The room was clean and very comfortable. I really enjoyed my stay here. Best hotel I've stayed in this year. When I come back to Houston, this will ALWAYS be my choice!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
MarriottWestchase, General Manager at Houston Marriott Westchase, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
We are truly honored to be your choice in hotels in the Houston area and that you felt that the Houston Marriott Westchase was the best hotel you have stayed in this year. Thank you so very much for all your wonderful comments; we’re thrilled you enjoyed your stay so much. All of us here are looking forward to welcoming you back many more times in the future.
Mount Vernon, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

My husband and I stayed for five nights on business. I was really torn between the average and very good rating. I will start with average: room was clean until you looked closer, like behind the bed and under it, in the corners. Beds were okay. No mini fridge (although there is a space for one). The decor needs updating desperately. Furniture old and tired. Now for the very good: room on the third floor was surprisingly quiet given that the hotel was booked solid. Staff was very helpful and attentive. Pool was well maintained and the fitness room(s) were well stocked with the latest equipment and a refrigerator full of bottled water. Snacks in the front lobby at 4pm. Breakfast buffet was good with made to order omelets. Many restaurants are with in walking distance. Easy access to the beltway 8. With an update and a regular thorough cleaning this place would be top notch.

Room Tip: Ask for an outside facing room. Rooms that face into the lobby may be more noisy as it can get quite...