“AWFUL MARRIOTT-not the usual MARRIOTT STANDARDS.” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
FREE Wi-Fi
Ranked #151 of 469 Hotels in Houston
London, United Kingdom
“AWFUL MARRIOTT-not the usual MARRIOTT STANDARDS.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

AWFUL MARRIOTT-not the usual MARRIOTT STANDARDS, one would expect.

A two night trip for business.
Several room complaints. Old, tired, dirty rooms.
No tolietries in the bathroom upon arrival.
The a/c was my biggest nightmare, very noisy, very very cold and WOULD NOT TURN OFF. A very atiquated a/c system. In February why one needs A/C on full, and uncontrolable by guests at their choice, beats me.
As a european, I do not rely on a/c all year round,and deteste sleeping with it on. I appreciate Texas mainly only see's hot and humid climate, but in February, it was as cold as europe.
I reported the a/c to a room maid who was in the corridor, I was given a blank expression of confussion as the english language was to understand. Instead I had to drag the person in to point.
Several hours past and an engineer did not appear, and the toliet items also never appeared.

At bedtime I found my room lights did not work.

All of the above were reported to the reception manager the next day. I was informed nothing cold be done to the a/c.

Nothing was addressed. I left the hotel, with extremley painful sinus issue, due to the uncontrolable a/c.
The staff are unhelpful, dreadful undertanding of the english language, however spanish is a bonus.
A dirty, shabby, poor looking hotel.
No reconigtion of being a marriott loyal customer.
Not a care in the world to my room complaints or any service recovery to rectify.
This is an extremley poor below standard Marriott.
I've recieved better service and room standards on a highway, hostal for the night.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
MarriottWestchase, General Manager at Houston Marriott Westchase, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
It is definitely disappointing to learn that during your recent stay you faced so many challenges, and for that we deeply apologize. Your experience is certainly not typical of what we want our guests to encounter and wish that we could have created a better experience for you. Feedback from our guests is truly appreciated as it gives us the opportunity to continuously improve upon our services. Thank you for your review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Houston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

Clean rooms, good wifi. Front desk not too helpful. When I asked for some toiletries they said they had given them out for the day. Same with the second day. There was a hole in my pillow sheet. The water in the shower doesn't drain until the tub is about 1/5 full of water. I tried two rooms and both were like this. Plenty of free parking. Good water pressure. I'd go back again, but compared to other Marriotts this one is nothing special.

Stayed March 2013
MarriottWestchase, General Manager at Houston Marriott Westchase, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
While we are glad to know you enjoyed the cleanliness of your room, the quality of the Wi-Fi and the water pressure; it is certainly disappointing to learn that your expectations were not met in every way. We value you as a guest and we will share your comments with our management team so we can continue to improve. We hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon and exceed your expectations in every way. Thank you.
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

As Platinum members, we have stayed obviously at Marriott Hotels. First, the place is huge and the time we stayed they were remodeling the lobby. The layout is similar to the Hilton Embassy brand with an open floor to ceiling lobby area.
Although I did not need a bellman, i was somewhat surprised not to find one or two in front. I did see a person or two by the concierge area which was by the front but no one approached us. Again, we did not desire assistance. As a platinum member one is offered an amenity or points. As we were a bit hungry we requested the fruit platter with pretzels.. If we do not take the points this is what we usually order. Other hotels offered quite nice plate with a few pieces of fruit. We received one small red apple and one small bag of pretzels. This is not the norm we have experienced in other Marriott hotels. This was quite surprising.
The room was fine and clean - a typical Marriott on the road to be remodeled. The bathroom did not have a magnifying mirror as most other Marriott hotels. As a woman business traveler over the age of 40, this is much desired and appreciated.
The concierge lounge was nice and the food offered at breakfast was more than adequate.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
MarriottWestchase, General Manager at Houston Marriott Westchase, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent stay in the area. We care deeply about every guest’s feedback and appreciate your comments regarding your visit. It is clear from your review that we missed an opportunity to create the experience you had expected of us and we are truly regret your disappointment with the fruit platter and the absence of a magnifying mirror in the bathroom. We hope that we can welcome you back again in the future and provide you with an experience that exceeds your expectations.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

THIS HOTEL IS BEAUTIFUL!!! Very well maintained, great staff! The room was clean and very comfortable. I really enjoyed my stay here. Best hotel I've stayed in this year. When I come back to Houston, this will ALWAYS be my choice!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
MarriottWestchase, General Manager at Houston Marriott Westchase, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
We are truly honored to be your choice in hotels in the Houston area and that you felt that the Houston Marriott Westchase was the best hotel you have stayed in this year. Thank you so very much for all your wonderful comments; we’re thrilled you enjoyed your stay so much. All of us here are looking forward to welcoming you back many more times in the future.
Mount Vernon, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

My husband and I stayed for five nights on business. I was really torn between the average and very good rating. I will start with average: room was clean until you looked closer, like behind the bed and under it, in the corners. Beds were okay. No mini fridge (although there is a space for one). The decor needs updating desperately. Furniture old and tired. Now for the very good: room on the third floor was surprisingly quiet given that the hotel was booked solid. Staff was very helpful and attentive. Pool was well maintained and the fitness room(s) were well stocked with the latest equipment and a refrigerator full of bottled water. Snacks in the front lobby at 4pm. Breakfast buffet was good with made to order omelets. Many restaurants are with in walking distance. Easy access to the beltway 8. With an update and a regular thorough cleaning this place would be top notch.

Room Tip: Ask for an outside facing room. Rooms that face into the lobby may be more noisy as it can get quite...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
MarriottWestchase, General Manager at Houston Marriott Westchase, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
We would like to thank you for your review of the Houston Marriott Westchase. It brings us a great amount of pleasure to learn how helpful our staff was, how much you enjoyed the pool and fitness center, and how convenient you found our location with respect to local dinning and access to the beltway. Your comments and suggestions are appreciated and we are happy to announce that our hotel does have plans to refresh our guestrooms this year. We hope that you will allow us the pleasure of welcoming you back again to see the updates.
DFW
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

This is an older property stayed here previously in 2006 and hotel was very nice. Fast forward to 2013 and it doesn't seem like it has been updated. The room was kept clean although outdated. I like the area and restaurant selection nearby. Only other isssue was noisy and rowdy neighbors but I will attribute that to All Star crowd.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
MarriottWestchase, General Manager at Houston Marriott Westchase, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Thank you for your review and sharing your impressions with us. We appreciate your feedback and the opportunity you have given us to announce that we do have plans to refresh our lobby and guest rooms this year. Please visit us again soon as it would be our pleasure to welcome you back.
usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

A great place to stay with an excellent lobby bar and restaurant, no reason to leave the hotel if you do not have to. Room was very clean, Staff is very helpful, my second stay at this hotel as they have a huge parking lot which I need as I have a car trailer I travel with

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
It was so nice to welcome you back to the Houston Marriott Westchase. Thank you for your review and kind acknowledgement or our staff. We’re delighted you enjoyed your stay and the amenities offered at the hotel. Please visit us again soon.

Been to Houston Marriott Westchase? Share your experiences!