“Another great stay - my favourite hotel in Houston” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
FREE Wi-Fi
Ranked #156 of 468 Hotels in Houston
Ashbourne, United Kingdom
“Another great stay - my favourite hotel in Houston”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2012

This is easily my favourite hotel in Houston. Conveniently located near the Sam Houston toll road, and right next to Westheimer Road down to the Galleria.

Comfortable rooms, friendly staff, free parking, easy walk to Outback for steaks, convenient for my clients. It's all good.

And a bargain this time at $79 a night.

Highly recommended hotel.

• Stayed January 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
The Hague, The Netherlands
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012

Hotel was average. Rooms were clean but rather old. Could use an upgrade. Major issue was the airco, which was noisy. Rooms and lobby were very cold. The airco system was old and it was not possible to turn it off in the room. Disappointing for a Marriot hotel.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2012

We enjoyed a one night stay for a family wedding weekend. Check-in was easy with professional, courteous and informative staff. We had requested two rooms with two queen sized beds, and were happy to find that they had given us adjoining rooms. Both rooms were spacious and well appointed. They seemed well-cleaned with no odors. I'm picky, and I was pleased. My sons and I had time for a quick run before the rehearsal dinner. We were told at check-in that the treadmills in the workout room were brand new, and, I'll have to say that these were the best, most user-friendly treadmills I've ever experienced.

On the way out for the evening, we mentioned to the front desk that we needed extra towels since we had all showered before going out, and, when we returned, both rooms had another full set of bath towels, hand towels, etc. Beds linens were very nice. Rooms were quiet.

Breakfast was adequate and only slightly expensive, which we did not find unusual. I expect to pay for the convenience of eating in the hotel as opposed to going out for fast food.

Checkout was simple, and, as we stood at the front desk having our receipt printed-out, the housekeeper came running up with my keys. I had left a set of keys in my room, and my car key was NOT on this key ring, so I would never had thought about these keys until I arrived home 10 hours later and tried to unlock my house. Everyone who was on the staff was helpful and agreeable.

This was a great stay, and I would gladly stay here again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2012

I found this hotel to be completely inadequate. Check in staff were rude, and there was no valet available because we arrived around 10pm. The room was comically terrible. Low ceilings, dim lighting, peeling wallpaper, disgusting drapes, uncomfortable bed and furniture, gross bathroom, not to mention tiny and cramped (how often does a New York City resident complain about the size of a room in a Texas hotel? That should say everything...). From a staffing point of view, this place is wildly understaffed in the evening. I'm talking 1/2 wait for a beverage from room-service. I forgot toothpaste and when I called down to ask for a tube, the manger said "you have to come down and get, i don't have time to come up there," and then hung up. Room-service (especially breakfast) was absolutely disgusting. They have a captive market of business travelers and quite simply, they deliver a terrible product and charge a ridiculous price. I would never stay here again.

Room Tip: Get a room at a different hotel. This place is awful.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2012

The Marriott Westchase is a completely adequate hotel. The facilities downstairs (lobby, restaurant, bar) are nice. The rooms are a bit dark and built for the tastes of a few decades ago, completely adequate though. The location is very nice, close to a lot of eating options.

• Stayed December 2011
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2011

Our family of four were spending our Christmas weekend at Marriott Houston Westchase hotel. This is our 4th time staying at this hotel. We stayed there for 2 nights from 12/25 - 12/27. The room is spacious and clean. The staffs worked at the front desk are highly professional, friendly and efficient. The cleaning crews are great. When we called room service for an extra towel, it was delivered by the cleaning crew in less than 10 min. They are all very efficient and courteous staffs. Overall, we enjoyed our stay in this hotel and we will definitely come back again. I strongly recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2011

Stayed for 3 nights but spent most time outside of hotel due to business. Thus review covered only room stay, breakfast and hotel staff. Due to miscommunications between trip organiser (in Singapore) and hotel, my wife and I had multiple reservation confirmations when we arrived at the Frontdesk. The staff were very understanding and patient to listen to our explanations. They were empowered to re-do the registration for us and as requested, gave us the room with King-size bed instead of twin beds. The room was clean and quite spacious with Flat LCD TV, hair-dryer, iron and iron board. No means to boil water - wanted warm water due to 'record cold weather in Houston'. There's coffee maker in room but didn't want to drink coffee in order to beat jet-lag.
Bed and pillows were very comfortable.
Breakfast range is acceptable with cereals, breads, fruits, eggs cooked as ordered, juices, coffee & tea.
Can arrange for free shuttle to go to nearby 'attractions' like The Galleria Mall.
Overall good stay.

Room Tip: Don't have any info
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

Been to Houston Marriott Westchase? Share your experiences!