“Delicious!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #20 of 7,288 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Mediterranean, Fusion
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: CAFE MEZZA & GRILLE , introduces a new concept of dining to the Houston restaurant connoisseur. It is an American cuisine with a Mediterranean flair that pushes the edge in flavors, innovations, and style. The food at Cafe Mezza & Grille is nothing short of perfection-in its flavor, preparation, presentation and personality. Creative use of herbs and spices lend a distinguished flavor to the grilled steaks and kabobs. There is an unmistakable touch of Mediterranean, especially where the distinct aromas of saffron, parsley and other regional spices come through. There too is a touch of California with a stunning array of freshly prepared grilled vegetables, sun-dried tomatoes and expertly prepared chicken and seafood. Homemade dressings and sauces tantalize the taste buds on heaping portions of fresh pasta and salads. The dishes are so rich and savory it's easy to forget you are eating healthy (which will allow you to splurge for one of their heavenly desserts).
Houston
“Delicious!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I decided to try Cafe Mezza on a Friday afternoon, we were more than pleased with the food and the service! Our server Yasmin was extremely friendly and patient with us since this was our first time, she recommended the mango chicken and the mixed grill platter, both were amazing. The mixed grill came with one skewer of chicken kabob and two beef kabobs they were all great but I enjoyed the chicken the most, and my husband really enjoyed the mango chicken! We will definetly be back soon to try more of their items.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Uniquely Positive Recipes (Quintessential Arabian Hospitality)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

First experience here as it was noticed for the first time as we drive by on a common route to another Mediterranean establishment. Outside seating was pleasant for a shopping strip restaurant. Server was by a young Moroccan gentleman who was very hospitable and well versed in sincere service etiquette (not common in this state). The selection was just right. My wife and I had the mixed grill as a sampling of the various tastes. The plate was well presented. The items were individually delicious. The three meats were cooked as requested. Being intimately familiar with Mediterranean cuisine, I was impressed. The vegetables where fresh and full of flavor. The saffron rice was perfectly cooked and evenly flavored. The house merlot was of moderately high quality. Surprisingly a fine experience and meal.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Houston, Texas
“It was just OK”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

We tried Cafe Mezza this past Saturday. I was very excited to go based on the reviews I had read. Frankly, I was pretty disappointed. I got the marinated chicken skewers, rice, and grilled veges. The chicken was definitely not marinated. It tasted like it was grilled, then had some bottled sauce brushed on it. The rice was good, and the grilled veges were seriously undercooked. My husband got the blackened fish with potatoes. The fish was room temp when we received it, and the overall flavor was very bland. The au gratin potatoes were probably the best thing we ate there - which isn't saying much. There are so many good restaurants in Houston, I see no reason to try Cafe Mezza again.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Houston, Texas
“Great food !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

My dad ordered the spicy lamb platter it wasn't traditional Mediterranean food But it was great.
Our server ( who seemed to be the one doing most of the work, except cooking) what absolutely amazing, phenomenal customer service.

Austin, Texas
“Great food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

Thanks to Cafe Mezza for a wonderful experience! We arrived late with a party of 14 (and separate checks as we were on a school trip), and the service and quality was TOP notch! Thanks so much, Cafe Mezza!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere