“Very good but not great. Top end pricing.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Del Frisco's - Houston

Del Frisco's - Houston
5061 Westheimer Rd., Houston, TX (Great Uptown)
713-355-2600
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Del Frisco's - Houston is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #39 of 7,278 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Great Uptown
Cross street: McCue
Fairfield County, CT
“Very good but not great. Top end pricing.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

I rate this a good steak house. However with the proliferation of steakhouses I would not call this a great steakhouse. That's OK except that Del Frisco's is priced like a top end great steakhouse. I had the 16oz prime strip and it was good but not great.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Monument, Colorado
“Nice atmosphere, great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

This was a recommendation by the hotel front desk. We had no wait for a table for 2, the bar was packed and noisy, but the restaurant portion was quiet so you could have a conversation. It seemed very upscale as many people were in dress clothes, ties, etc., but the staff didn't have an issue with our jeans and casual attire.

The menu had a LOT of variety on it. There was traditional steaks, and many southern choices as well.

My coworker and I had cheese fritters wth chipotle ranch dip for an appetizer....and I highly recommend them. They were filling, tasty, and very reasonably priced.

I had a fantastic cheeseburger. Perhaps I was just hungry, but it tasted great, came with fries, and just the right condiments. I know it's hard to screw up a burger (but many places can)....but it's a challenge to make a good one. These folks succeeded.

Dover, New Hampshire
“Good steak but really limited menu!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

I've eaten at quite a few steakhouses, and while the service and the filet I had here were excellent, everything else was pretty sub par. The menu itself was very limited, and I just wasn't "wowed". I think dollar for dollar you're better off going downstairs to the Oceannaire room and finding a different steakhouse in Texas to splurge at.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Sugar Land, Texas
“One of my favorites”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

This is one of my favorite places I choose for special occasions. Food is always good and the atmosphere and service adds to the experience. Steaks are usually always just as you like them. Wine a little pricey, but good choices.

Hampton, Virginia
“WOW!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

This may be one of the best meals we've ever had in a restaurant. My wife and I were in town, and decided to go shopping at the Galleria Mall. We wanted a great steak, and several people recommended Del Frisco's. It was everything it was advertised to be, and more. The service was outstanding! We shared the Wagu Longbone, and it was absolutely amazing. If you're a carnivore and in Houston, don't overlook this incredible purveyor of steaks.

• Visited December 2013