“Stayed here on Labor Day weekend” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Westchase Mini-Suites

You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Westchase Mini-Suites to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS Westchase Mini-Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2950 West Sam Houston Parkway South, Houston, TX 77042 (Westchase)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #31 of 468 Hotels in Houston
Certificate of Excellence 2014
New Orleans, LA
“Stayed here on Labor Day weekend”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

While I still enjoy everything this hotel has to offer along with it's very friendly staff I must say the Pool and Hot Tub ub was gross. The pool while ok could've used a good cleaning. The hot tub on the other hand need a deep clean. It was slimy and inside the filter was cans of soda along with other items. Please pay more attention to these two area. It's summer and people will be using the pool a lot, so a lot more attention should be focus on that.

Other then that my stay was of course wonderful. It's still my go-to hotel in the Houston area. I would just like to enjoy the pool and hot tub area without feeling like I'm going to catch something.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
winnsboro
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

Hotel room was great for my family of 5. Staff was as accomodating as any hotel of any price I have been in. Price was fair, pool area nice and breakfast very satisfying. I thought this hotel was a great value for my family during our one night in houston. I would definitely stay here again if in the area.

Wichita, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

This is an older hotel, but upgrades were started during the 7 days that we stayed there. The lounge area and our room were immaculately clean. The breakfast was very good, with a wide variety of standard breakfast items which were freshly prepared and plentiful. The pool area was very nice and well maintained. This all made for a very pleasant stay, but the crown jewel is the wonderful staff! Daniel, Denise, and Boris in particular, but the entire staff in general treated us as honored guests. They welcomed us home each time we returned from our travels, rejoiced with us on the birth of a new grandson, and were kind and helpful when we learned of a death in our family while we were there. I agree with "Sharon S" that this staff gets a perfect "10". I highly recommend this hotel above all others in this area!

Room Tip: There is no elevator, so ask for a ground floor room. We had a ground floor room, and the staff off...
Houston
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

This hotel did not have an elevator, and because I had a suitcase I had to carry it up two flights of stairs, and the door to my hotel room had some dirty handprints all over it. When I went to bed at this hotel I noticed a bug on my pillow, so I after I killed the bug, I lifted the sheets to get into bed, where I found a hair. The bed was also very hard and my back and shoulder are now sore. The shower curtain was ripped and barely kept the water in. The tv was very fuzzy and was very hard to make out the picture. It also didn't have any premium channels; mainly news channels. The breakfast was mediocre at best besides the waffle maker- it was the only good thing about our stay. The hotel was also pretty close to the galleria and many restaurants. Overall, it was not worth the $130 (excluding tax) a night.

• Stayed July 2014
Houston, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

The front desk hotel staff will not disappoint you. They are truly above and beyond helpful and friendly. I have stayed in plenty of hotels, and I honestly cannot recall any place where the staff were so helpful and friendly. A "perfect 10" for the day and night staff alike!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Magnolia, Delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Excellent price, quality, comfort and location. Double room was very nice with great beds and linens, Five minute drive to all of the best shops and restaurants. However, it is a little tricky to find as it fronts an access road to the Tollway. but is an easy on/off. Would definitely return when in Houston.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Dallas, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I have stayed here before and I have reviewed this hotel before. PROS: The staff makes up for any Cons, they are always upbeat and very friendly. The hotel is in a great location with many restaurants nearby, within driving distance. They offer a happy hour with typically beer or wine and appetizers. CONS: Only two really - first if you stay on the second floor, there is no elevator, so be prepared for stairs. Second, this hotel is right off the tollway, so if you are new to Houston be prepared for a toll road. Summary: Overall, I would recommend this hotel as an option if you find yourself in the Houston area.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Westchase Mini-Suites? Share your experiences!