“Cut my steak with my fork!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Monarch Restaurant & Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #147 of 7,487 Restaurants in Houston
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Main St and Ewing St
Transit: Museum District stop on Houston Metrorail.
Description: Like everything at Hotel ZaZa, the dining room and nightlife space are designed to entice your every sense. Hotel Zaza dares you to lose yourself in the intoxicating aromas, layered flavors and unexpected touches of the “see and be scene” Monarch Restaurant & Lounge. So come, play, revel, and experience dining and entertainment in the Houston area that’s a world apart.
Houston, Texas
“Cut my steak with my fork!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

Service was outstanding. My food was perfect. Lots of ambiance.

Visited July 2012
Matthew_Nuss, Manager at Monarch Restaurant & Lounge, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
integrator1!

Thank you for the awesome review! I am pleased to read that you received superb service, enjoyed your meal, & found the atmosphere of Monarch Bistro full of ambiance! LOVE IT! Come back soon for another tasty dish or refreshing drink at Monarch!

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Good for breakfast and brunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

Good solid breakfast menu which is not adventurous but offers well presented food. Friendly staff and attentive service. Did not stay for dinner but looked like a popular vent.

Visited June 2012
OJ13!

Thank you for the great feedback! I am pleased that you thoroughly enjoyed some of Monarch's tasty breakfast! I am also glad to read that you received superb service during your time at the restaurant. Come on back for another visit to Monarch when your travels return you to H-town!
Huntsville, TX
“Monarch is very good....but not always”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

We ate in the Monarch three times while staying at the Hotel Zaza, which houses it.
The first evening I had the cowboy rib-eye and it was excellent, much better than I expected. My wife had veal schnitzel, which you don't often find on a menu. She said it was outstanding. I ordered a Caesar Salad which normally does not come with anchovies, which I love. I asked if they had them and they do, on request. The rolls were hot and there was a variety.
Services was "European" in terms of timely but not intrusive.
We had lunch there on our second day - my wife had their club and I had a burger. Both were good.
Alas, on our second night we opted for seafood. My wife got the salmon and I had scallops. We were surprised, frankly, at how average they were. We had been so pleased Friday night we assumed we'd like the seafood even better, but we did not.
When our waiter asked how things were, we told him straight up we were disappointed. I have to say he vanished fairly quickly after that - perfunctory would be the word. Too bad because he was the same waiter we had Friday night and we liked him, and we tip well.
So, the verdict? This restaurant can be very good, but I am rating it average simply because it was not consistent.

Visited June 2012
New York City, New York
“Great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

The service exceptional the food fresh ,nice presentation , the desert outstanding. The cocktails watered down .

Visited April 2012
Orlando, Florida
“Great place to welcome us to Houston”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

I found Hotel ZaZa on Trip Advisor. My daughter and I are apartment hunting. We got in late so we decided to eat at the Monarch. It was a great choice. The food was delicious and they had an A. Rafanelli Zin! Breakfast was included so we've been eating our way through their breakfast selections. My only complaint at dinner was it was too dark to read the menu without using my flashlight app.

• Visited May 2012