“No Heat, No Help” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #273 of 468 Hotels in Houston
Fresno, CA
“No Heat, No Help”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

The hotel is reasonably clean and neat. But, the heating system does not work. The room is already down to 63 degrees F at 7:00 PM and the temperature is still dropping. The front desk says they can't do anything about it and pretends that it's a big surprise to them. But, other reviews mention they same problem. And, the WiFi access codes they provide don't work.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Tyler, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

We have stayed a week at this hotel, my boyfriend was taking a class in one of the meeting rooms. the property is very well maintained, rooms very nice and comfortable. i had a problem with the heater in my room so i went to the front desk and the Sweet and professional desk clerk Mimi, immediately said lets go see if there is anything we can do. She checked everything she could and was unable to fix it but brought me extra blankets to keep me comfortable, ive worked in the hotel business for many years and to find staff this considerate is a VALUE for any property. Maintenance arrived first thing the next morning just like she promised. Thank you Mimi for making my stay so nice.

Room Tip: The beds are one of the most comfortable ive ever slept on in a hotel.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

We arrived at IAH airport, and called for the shuttle. It arrived in a few minutes. The shuttle looked brand new (white mini-van). I asked the driver to stop by Alwadi Mediterranean sandwiches, and he said no problem. I got the order to go, and we went to the hotel. Check-in was no problem. Our room was clean, everything in order. My room was facing the road, but I had brought a small fan, and I didn't hear any road noise. Breakfast was the standard Comfort Suites breakfast (scrambled eggs, meat, make your own waffles, etc). Later that evening, I called the front desk, and asked if the shuttle would take us to Wal-Mart. They said no problem, and they drove us to a Wal-Mart, and me and my wife walked across the street and went to Whataburger for supper. We called from Whataburger, and they came to pick us up. This is a great service they provide. (free transportation within 5 miles) The next morning, they took us to the airport, to pick up my transportation to the cruise terminal in Galveston. Excellent experience, would highly recommend.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Ree A, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
I am please to know the staff at Comfort Suites has gone above and beyond in providing a Great Service to our Guest.
Largo, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

On October 19, 2012, I arrived at this Comfort Suites, 1350 N. Sam Houston Parkway East, Houston, TX after attending a cousin's wedding. This hotel was GREAT! The room was clean. The entire hotel was inviting. I highly recommend this location.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
I am pleased to know your stay at Comfort Suites was a Good Experience.
Beaumont TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

This hotel was a standard Comfort Suites with all the amenities plus free parking. Doesn't get any better than that!! Very clean, efficient staff, comfortable beds, and a free shuttle to the airport. I highly recommend this hotel and will stay here every time I fly out of IAH. Loved it!

Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dallas, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

This is a decent property near George Bush Intercontinental Airport. The hotel is clean and staff was nice. The hotel is off the highway but set back a bit by the service road and another business road. The distance is about 3 miles from the airport, but quick and easy.

No frills, just decent clean stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

the front desk was very nice and polite. They were helpful in finding places we were looking for. the room was very spacious. the breakfast was hot and plentiful, better than what we have had at other locations. the only complaint we had was that the pool was not open because the door was jammed it was memorial day weekend sothat was a bummer. but wewill definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!