“Very good experience!” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Houston
“Very good experience!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for one night for a quick birthday getaway. Our room was very clean and roomy. The staff was very inviting and all had smiles on their faces. Great location to activities in and around the Houston area. breakfast buffet the next morning was great. The only negative for us was the price of the in room new release movies...16.99 a movie. Not complaining, just stating the fact because we got a movie anyway which was charged to our room. Other than that this in my opinion is very nice place to stay for the value......Daron

• Stayed March 2013
sharagerber, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Houston by the Galleria, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you for the positive review! We value your feedback! I'm so pleased to hear that you found us to be clean and friendly! We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

193 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

We stayed here for 10 days on a recent trip to Houston. It is close to the Galleria, just a short walk away. There are a few restaurants within easy walking distance.

The staff were very friendly and efficient and were only to happy to call a taxi or give directions.

The room and bathroom were comfortable and clean. We had a view on the 14th floor but really - there's not much to see.

The bed was way too soft for me, not supportive at all. For those in need of good support best check their options before booking. I had to sleep without a pillow to provide my back enough support.

A few times during our stay the bathroom products were not replenished which made things a little difficult since I depended on them on a daily basis. After eventually querying this there was no further problem.

Breakfast is ample with many choices: a wonderful array of fresh fruit to cereals, ready to serve hot food and an egg/waffle station. The coffee could be much better; now I realise for Americans it was probably just fine but visitors from anywhere else in the world wouldn't think so. I could not get to the Galleria soon enough to visit the Nordstrom cafe right outside on the lowest level!

Parking was easy albeit with a fee which was more than I expected.

The gym is very small, a little too small for this size of hotel. On a few mornings before 6 am there was no running machine available. There are only 3. On a couple of occasions I had to miss out as on repeated checks there was still no availability. There is no space to wait without seeming rude.

All in all this is a good place to stay and I can recommend it. I'm not sure I would stay there again given the unsupportive bed and small gym.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your detailed feedback. We value your opinion! I'm pleased to hear that you found our staff friendly and our hotel clean. I'm sorry to hear that you had a few issues. The bed is usually the area you spend the most time in while on a trip, so we do have new mattresses and various support options. For your future reference as well, we do work with area gyms that are larger than ours. Please consider us for your future trips to Houston as we would be happy to ensure you get better back support during your next trip to the area.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

AI traveled here multiple times this year and as expected, this is was a standard Courtyard experience. Hotel layout was similar to the layout of other Courtyard's across the US. Staff was friendly, good coffee and tasty restaurants within walking distance. Downfalls: ~$15 parking per day, small gym, no in-room safe.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay! I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. Please let us know if you have feedback on how we can rise above a standard experience. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

my husband and i really enjoyed staying at the courtyard for the weekend. room was very clean, nice and good sized, and had a great view of the galleria and surrounding area. the staff is extremely friendly and helpful.

they have their own parking deck that's fairly nice, but really tight! big vehicles had a hard

the only downside is that the property could really use an update in the lobby and guest bathrooms. the bedrooms seem to be up to date, but the bathrooms really need it. despite this everything is extremely clean and well kept. we really enjoyed our stay, but think its geared more for families or business during the week.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay! I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed it and found our hotel to be clean. As we've just reached our 5 year anniversary, we have plans for a complete renovation in 2014! Thank again!
Jugon-les-Lacs, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

The room was clean, generously sized and the beds comfortable. The layout around the reception, bar and restaurant area was open and great for checking when friends might arrive to meet you. The business centre was fully automated and available 24/7, which was great. My only complaint about the business centre was that the computers were incredibly slow. However, they did work and they didn't crash, which is a lot more than can be said for most hotel business centers. The room, although well appointed, was a bit odd in that there was no mini-bar. I had put a credit card down, so I was a bit surprised at this - though not upset because it meant there were no chocoloate bars or cola to tempt me in the middle of the night. The choice of films was pretty good; I finally got to watch James Bond Skyfall in English. The hotel proved convenient, not just for downtown Houston, but also for the 'Energy Corridor', were I was holding meetings, and for a quick trip out of Houston to San Antonio, the Alamo, New Brunfells, and Gruene, Texas. The staff at the hotel were very polite, though not over polite as is sometimes the case in the US (okay, so I am a grumpy Scots Irishman). The buffet, though slightly smaller than I might have expected for this hotel, was nevertheless very good. One small complaint about the breakfast is that the poor 'egg maker' was overwhelmed and there was way too big a cue of people waiting for fried eggs. However, the coffee was served quickly and there were plenty of scrambled eggs available if you didn't want to wait for the eggs. I thought the spa was a bit on the bleak side, though not badly equiped. There was no Sauna, which is probably common for US hotels, but as a European I really need a Sauna after working out and before dipping in the pool, particularly an outdoor pool.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
sharagerber, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Houston by the Galleria, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott Houston by the Galleria during your recent trip to the US. I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found our staff accommodating. I'm sorry to hear that you found our business center computers slow and that the line for our chef was too long. We do take each of our guests comments very seriously and will be updating our computers this year! We also have scheduled a second chef during busier times. We look forward to having you back on your next trip to Houston.
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Great service.Courteous and friendly staff were attentive and responsive. Rooms were great, clean and quiet. On site amenities were nice and well staffed. Restaurant downstairs has great burgers, quesadillas and good breakfast buffet.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
sharagerber, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Houston by the Galleria, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed it. Thank you for your positive feedback.
Buda, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Stayed here with a cheerleading group. Convenient location with access to the Galleria and many eating places. I had a suite and it was comfortable. They served our group a breakfast in a room for our group that was nice since we had a bunch of cheerleaders.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
sharagerber, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Houston by the Galleria, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay! It was such a pleasure hosting your group again this year! I'm so pelased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found our location convenient. We look forward to welcoming you back again next year!

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Houston by the Galleria? Share your experiences!