As a priority Marriott Rewards member with frequent stays at numerous Courtyard properties every year, I found this property a bit inconsistent. First of all, the true nature of the location is not really clear from the website. The fact is that the hotel is located in the middle of a block and is only accessible via an alley: it does not front on Sage Road. There is parking on the site (for pay), but the access is via an elevator that most guests with whom I rode agreed was strangely dark. Be very diligent in ascertaining the hours of the restaurant, because it closes earlier in the evening than is stated in the in-room literature, and closes earlier in the morning than in many other Courtyards. The restaurant staff is very friendly and positive, as is the front desk staff. The room bays are a bit shorter than usual, but this is not really a problem because the furniture is arranged to compensate for that. The closet is not built into the wall, but instead is a very small and rather uncomfortable to use wardrobe forming part of the desk structure. There is no in-room safe deposit box, which is disappointing for a new hotel in this age when travelers like to leave their laptops, I-Pads, documents, etc. in such a box when travelling. The bathrooms are well laid out and work quite well. The housekeeping staff is efficient and clean, yet this is a hotel where guests frequently have to share the elevator with the housecleaning carts and staff, since there is no service elevator. Overall, once you become accustomed to the quirks, this is an efficient place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Courtyard Houston Galleria hotel is a unique fifteen-story, high-rise just steps away from the Houston Galleria Mall. A stand-out among Houston Galleria hotels for our guest service scores and international amenities include a bi-lingual staff and custom menu items. Enjoy a reasonably-priced breakfast each morning at the onsite Courtyard Cafe and don't forget to come back and enjoy our Lounge each evening (5-10pm) offering a full bar and menu. All guest rooms feature a mini-fridge and a new 32" flat-screen TV; select rooms offer high-floor views and microwaves. Our green-friendly event space and services truly set us apart from other Houston Galleria hotels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Despegar.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Houston by the Galleria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Houston By The Galleria Hotel Houston
- Courtyard Houston Galleria
- Houston Courtyard
- Houston Marriott