“Great experience at Zaza” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel ZaZa Houston
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5701 Main Street, Houston, TX 77005   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #11 of 451 Hotels in Houston
“Great experience at Zaza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

My favorite hotel in Houston. I stayed in July 2014 in a suite 527, which was upgraded for free. The room was spacious, clean and comfortable. The bath robe so soft and pretty, the bed perfect. I bought the robe (they sell them at the front deck for appr. $79). The hotel decor instantly transforms you to a vacation state of mind. The restaurant food good enough but the staff was great and attentive. Overall - I highly recommend this place. Coming back this week!

• Stayed July 2014
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Houston, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Agprbio!

Thank you for the fantastic feedback! I am happy your upgraded stay at Hotel ZaZa was filled with comfort & serenity. Excellent service is key at the Z! I am glad you love the bath robe; it's one of the many gems of the hotel!

Please touch base when your travels return you to Houston, as I will have my team create a signature experience for you. We love ya at ZaZa!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (243)
Katy, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

This was a fantastic weekend getaway!! The only thing that didn't cooperate was the weather. Sooo...we didn't get to experience the poolside service that is so highly recommended & raved about. Therefore we enjoyed the room & room service!! It was extremely relaxing & enjoyable! I'd recommend this hotel to anyone!!

• Stayed June 2014
Kristy L!

Thank you for the delightful review! I am pleased to read that you had a lovely visit at Hotel ZaZa recently. The Z is definitely an oasis away from bad weather! I am glad you enjoyed room service as well during your stay.

Please touch base when your travels return you to Houston, as I will have my team create a signature experience for you. We love ya1
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

I have stayed at the Hotel Zaza previously with just my husband and loved it but with kids it challenging at best but for us bordering on the nightmarish.

The good parts: If you want to see the fire works in Hermann Park or listen the Houston Symphony at Miller Outdoor Theatre without fighting traffic and being able to come and go as you please than there is no other hotel anywhere near the park to go to than the ZaZa. There are free cookies and lemonade at check in (not near the front desk). Free coffee in the morning by the elevators and the Monarch restaurant is very good. Everyone cleaned their plate and they have coloring books and crayons for kids. The pool area is beautiful and the gym is also clean and up to date.

The bad and the ugly. Why did you not tell us about the cookie and lemonade! My husband had his fill but the rest of us didn't notice until I saw the chocolate on his chin and by then it was too late! Same for the coffee, didn't notice until we were on our way out. If you have these wonderful things share them with your guests. I live in Houston, I went to the Zaza several times and told them I was coming with kids. I gave them the kids ages and asked for recommendations for rooms and as listed by a previous poster they told me to book the "deluxe balcony room". Sounds fancy I know, and since I stayed at a non balcony room previously, I thought this would be even better. How wrong I was. The balcony faces nothing special and the space for the balcony is removed from the actual room; therefore, if you have ever stayed in a hotel in Tokyo, Japan or New York - you know how small those rooms are ...this is smaller. It also does not have a tub and a teeny tiny itty bitty sink with no counter space, no chest of drawers. You get one night stand to put clothes in for 4 people and no chairs except for one office chair. How would you like to introduce your child to showers on vacation? Not fun and it involves a lot of screaming. Want to change rooms now ... you can't and they don't care and if you want someone to answer your calls don't call between the hours of 9:45pm and 9:30am because they do not answer the phone at those times but you can go to the beautiful pool area because they are all there but have no interest in helping you and don't bring your kids because everyone is drunk ...not happy vacation drunk but college frat party drunk. I saw none of this of course because the kids and I were too traumatized by "the shower incident". My chocolate chip eating husband saw it all and reported back gleefully. But we were in the elevator with an over served patron. Try explaining to your kids why the nice lady fell over nothing on the elevator and remained on the floor laughing hysterically until you removed your slack jaw children from the elevator. Life lessons for the little ones for about $350 a night.

Room Tip: Never ever get a balcony! Non balcony rooms are much larger and have better views.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
ZaZaHouston, General Manager at Hotel ZaZa Houston, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
WOW! I am embarrassed at the service you received. I would love to chat more about your experience and how we were not able to move you to another room to make things less stressful for you. After reading our review and your review of the Moody Gardens, sounds like it was a difficult weekend. My apologies for our contribution to the less than memorable time with your family.

A couple of things in your review caught my eye. Typically when someone checks in and we see that you are a repeat guest we do not go through the spiel of the features and benefits of the hotel as most want to get to their room and not spend any extra time at the desk. I apologize that you were not made aware of the afternoon treats and coffee. The treats are across from the front desk in the lobby. I am glad at least your husband was able to find them! We are proud of our chocolate chip cookies and how they typically leave a little on the chin!

You noted the ability to come and go as you please with our great location. Thanks for that as we feel our location is a big plus for us. I am curious as to our staff during your comings and goings. Did we have a good presence throughout the lobby? Friendly? Did you feel you could not approach anyone about changing rooms? Speak with a manager? As a father of a two year old, I am extremely sympathetic to the shower plight you experienced. I would love to understand why we were not able to change rooms as I was not able to find any record in our log that you requested to change. We are usually pretty good at our logging and follow up. I pour over these each morning to see if I need to follow up and it is obvious that I missed something. I apologize.

I would love to learn more about your experience with the team. We typically do much better and in the rare instance when we don't I want to fix it right away. Please call me directly at 713.639.4555 or feel free to drop by at any time and ask for me or Ian Bush since you live in Houston.

Thanks for the opportunity to reach out and again my apologies for the less than stellar stay.

Best,

Matthew Nuss
Executive Vice President
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

First stay and we loved it! Have stayed in many hotels in Houston and would highly recommend Hotel ZaZa. We had a room on the 9th floor with an incredible view from Rice Stadium to the Galleria area to downtown Houston. Food and drinks at Monarch Restaurant were fantastic. Best salmon we've had in a long time. Very service orientated hotel - everyone we dealt with was extremely pleasant and helpful. We mentioned it was our anniversary and were surprised to return to our room to find a bottle of champagne on ice with chocolate covered strawberries and a very sweet note. Although a bit pricey, this hotel has spoiled us and it will be hard to stay anywhere else in Houston from now on.

Room Tip: High up...over looking Rice University.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Houston, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
SchneiderSATX!

Thank you for the wonderful review! I am pleased to read that you had a nice anniversary visit at Hotel ZaZa recently. Comfort & excellent service are key at the Z! We know how special the little touches are for our guests.

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

From the time I got to park til the end of my stay, I met so many wonderful and friendly people ever. Front desk attendant Mary was very friendly and personal with me as if we have known each other before, she assisted me with the information needed for helped me make my someone in my life even special. The rooms are very sized and cleaned and styled for comfort, It felt so wonderful to get some good rest after all the fun activities at ZAZA. Best experience of both of our lives we are planning to visit there in the next 2 weeks to come. I recommend that everyone who are looking to experience a new level of life.
HOTEL ZAZA THE BEST EVER

Room Tip: Visit Hotel ZaZa in Midtown 12th floor so huge you could fit the entire family.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Donnell W!

Thank you for the awesome feedback! I am happy to read that you had a fantastic visit at Hotel ZaZa recently. The Z is the best place to celebrate any special occasion! I will definitely commend Mary for providing excellent service to you during your stay at the hotel.

Please touch base when you are ready to z-scape back to ZaZa, as I will have my team roll out the reddest of red carpets upon your arrival. We love ya!
yardley, pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

We had to be in the Medical Center area for our son, so the reason for visiting was not pleasurabe, but Hotel Zaza made the stay so much better especially because of our waiter, Richard. He listened to our story, made us feel at home, and served great food and drink. This has become our "home away from home" during this difficult time. The decor is outstanding. Highly recommend the bar/restaurant. Ask for Richard!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
cinpfen!

Thank you for the wonderful feedback. I am happy to read that you had a nice stay at Hotel ZaZa! Comfort & excellent service are key at the Z.

Please touch base when your travels return you to Houston, as I will have my staff roll out the reddest of red carpets upon your arrival. We love ya at ZaZa!
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

Located within walking distance to some sights, this trendy boutique hotel makes one feel like a star upon arrival. Thoughtful and helpful staff aside, it offers a quiet and exclusive feel that you cannot get at big hotel chains. The hotel interior decor is modern and chic. I was very impressed with how the elevators are decorated with modern caricature murals. The spacious room came with a very comfortable bed that you will want to laze in for the whole day, and eclectic furniture that you will be tempted to want for your own abode.

The food and service in the restaurant were equally good while the swimming pool has an excellent layout, allowing one to chill on the deck chairs with some privacy in certain areas.

All in all, it was an awesome stay. The hotel has good business and meeting facilities, while also giving a sexy yet classy vibe, making it perfect for business or leisure. It is definitely my favorite boutique hotel in Texas, if not US!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Y880!

Thank you for the fantastic feedback. I am pleased to read that you had a wonderful visit at Hotel ZaZa recently! The Z is definitely eclectic! I am glad you enjoyed the decor & atmosphere of the hotel.

In regards to the Monarch, I am happy you enjoyed the food!

Please touch base when your travels return you to Houston or Dallas, as I will have my team create a signature experience for you. We love ya at ZaZa!

Been to Hotel ZaZa Houston? Share your experiences!