“No better spot in Houston ” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
ZaZa Free For All
Ranked #8 of 469 Hotels in Houston
Atlanta, Georgia
“No better spot in Houston ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

Got in just before the rodeo crowd, but wished in could have stayed. No place in Houston knows how to treat a weary business traveler, tired of staying at the mcmarriot, and more than willing to forego their loyalty points to be treated like a rock star. They anticipate what you need and are synonymous with the word accommodating. Monarch makes you not want to eat out.. Gotta say, I loves my Zaza. Maybe one day I'll get to hang at the pool.. Work keeps interfering.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Houston, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Gerard!

Thank you for the wonderful feedback! I am pleased to read that you had a great visit at Hotel ZaZa recently. Comfort & excellent service are key at the Z!

Please touch base when your travels return you to Houston, as I will have my team roll out the reddest of red carpets upon your arrival. We love ya!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (290)
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

I stayed here for 3 nights for work. I live in Houston but since we needed to wake up early and meet until late we were able to stay at the hotel with the rest of team from out of town. If not for this reason I never would have stayed here. I'm glad I got to see it. The decor was very interesting. My room was tiny. I mean super tiny. They apologized when they gave it to me, but it was very nicely furnished and in the end I didn't mind the size. I only ate food prepared for our group by their catering services and it was delicious. The staff overall was very friendly. I went for a walk in the morning and when I came back the doorman offered a cold bottle of water, which was a nice gesture. I probably would have given them an excellent rating but there was a small leak or issue with the a/c unit in my room and dripped water on the carpet in the hallway entering the room. It didn't get in the way very much but I think someone should have noticed it. I did tell them when I left and they seemed appreciative to know. I forget the room number. Maybe 310? Exiting the elevators it was the first room on the right. Anyway, a small point. The rest of the stay was nice. There is only valet parking - which has an overnight charge, so factor that in if you have a car. I didn't pay the room charge so I have no idea how much we paid. I'd say $300 is too high. $250 or less seems about right to me (assuming you had a bigger room). NOTE: There are photos and images or models and art throughout. If you are conservative or traveling with kids, you might not apppreciate it. My headboard, for example, had a mostly naked woman on a chaise lounge. I appreciated it for its uniqueness but some people might not. :)

Room Tip: I believe it was a historic building they or someone made into a hotel. They kept the spirit of the...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Houston, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
SusanilaChicago!

Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent stay at Hotel ZaZa. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed the atmosphere and hospitality of the Z! Comfort & excellent service are key at the Z.

The ZaZa is formerly known as the Warwick Hotel, which was built in 1925. There is a lot of history and charm lurking throughout the hotel!

Please touch base when you would like to z-scape back to ZaZa, as I will have my team roll out the reddest of red carpets upon your arrival. We love ya!
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Highlights:
Elegant interior & room furnishings. The suites are large and luxurious. Room service is much better than most, but you'll pay a good amount for just about anything you order. Good news = they aim to please. Customer service is as good as you'll get anywhere. Terrific location as well (near museum district, zoo, & large park).
The only drawback was a sort of fishy, somewhat stale smell in the lobby at all hours. Hopefully it is just temporary, but it was definitely noticeable. No smells in the hallways or rooms, though -

Room Tip: Standard size rooms are fairly small - keep that in mind.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Edward!

Thank you for the wonderful feedback! I am pleased to read that you had a nice stay at Hotel ZaZa recently. Comfort and excellent service are key at the Z.

In regards to the stale smell in the lobby, I can assure you that the unpleasant odor was a temporary occurrence! My teams fixed the situation immediately.

Please touch base when your travels return you to Houston, as I will have my staff roll out the reddest of red carpets upon your arrival. We love ya!
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

This is easily the best hotel in Houston. The location is great but the property is so unique and fun.

I have stayed at this hotel maybe a dozen times, been to events there, just went for dinner or to hang out at the bar...what ever you go to this hotel for, you will be love it!

I agree with others that it is expensive but it is worth it. It is not overpriced compared to other luxury/boutique type hotels.

The transportation from this hotel is so excellent. It is right next to the metro rail line but also they have a free shuttle that will take you most anywhere.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Houston, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Jordan!

Thank you for the wonderful feedback! I am pleased to read that you had a lovely stay at Hotel ZaZa recently! The hotel is a fantastic place to relax and unwind.

In regards to transportation, I am happy to read that you enjoyed the Magic Carpet Ride shuttle service! The complimentary service will take guests anywhere within a five-mile radius of the hotel.

Please touch base when you would like to dive back into the ZaZa world, as I will have my team roll out the reddest of red carpets upon your arrival. We love ya!
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

Excellent service (thanks Rachel & Mary!), gorgeous hotel, and the proximity to the medical center and museum district make this hotel perfect for these destinations. The package with the cocktails/valet/breakfast is a smokin' deal! Breakfast was incredible. We will be back and plan to join the ZIP club. "Two thumbs way up!"

• Stayed February 2014
jamaicatee!

Thank you for the awesome review! I am happy to read that you had a wonderful visit at Hotel ZaZa recently! The hotel is situated in a lovely area of Houston - the Museum District!

I am pleased to read that you thoroughly enjoyed the breakfast! Woo hoo!

Please touch base when your travels return you to H-town, as I will have my staff roll out the reddest of red carpets upon your arrival. We love ya at ZaZa!
Houston, Texas, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

My wife and I stayed here while attending the Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo World Championship BBQ Cookoff. The property was conveniently located on the metro rail line with easy access to Reliant. The service was good and the staff were very helpful and friendly. The reason for the low review was the price. We spent over $300 for our bedroom suite and would have expected a lot more at this price point. I'm not sure that I would stay here again. There are other properties in Houston that offer more at a better, competitive price.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Josh,

Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent stay at Hotel ZaZa. I am pleased to read that you received superb service during your visit at the hotel! In regards to the price of your hotel room, ZaZa provides a vast array of delightful experiences, i.e., complimentary treats & entertainment, for guests. We are almost mystical, sometimes whimsical, always memorable!

Please touch base when your travels return you to Houston, as I will have my team create a signature visit for you! We love ya!
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

I arrived a day late (weather delays) to join a fully pre-paid Martin Randall tour. I called the night before to explain my delay. When I arrived, reception told me that my room was not ready...and neglected to give me an envelope that the tour manager had left for me, which included complimentary breakfast vouchers. Went into breakfast, where there was a lot of staff...going around in circles; they were not able to get anything done efficiently. My final bill included erroneous charges. TRAIN the staff. I don't need random strangers inquiring about my well being a dozen times before I have been served coffee. Felt like staff would rather be models than staff.
The hotel in general is very dark. Although there is a security man who goes down the guestrooms corridors looking behind curtains, the atmosphere is a bit ominous.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
ZaZaHouston, Manager at Hotel ZaZa Houston, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Diana P!

Thanks for the candid comments regarding your recent stay! I did some checking with the team at the front office and no one recalls getting a message from you. They are usually good about noting any changes or requests from our guests on the specific reservation.

I am glad Zalika was able to get you checked in early when you arrived at 930am even though we were coming off a sold out night and check in time is 4pm. I spoke to Zalika and she said she even gave you a complimentary upgrade to a room with a balcony so you could get to a room as soon as possible.

As far as the staff for breakfast is concerned, I will share your comments with the morning team so we can learn from your feedback. Coffee first!

Yes, we tend to be a little less sterile with our lighting levels than most hotels. Strictly business during the day and a little less obtrusive at night...a little more relaxed.

We do have a crack security staff patrolling the hotel and I appreciate you noticing their diligence! Even checking some of our thermostats and dimmer panels located behind curtains! WOO HOO!

Thanks again for the feedback!

Matthew Nuss
Executive Vice President

Been to Hotel ZaZa Houston? Share your experiences!