“Fantastic hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 451 hotels in Houston
Berkeley, California
“Fantastic hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

We spent a great night at hotel Zaza! Mary at reception was darling, starting by giving us an upgrade, then making us a dinner reservation at near by Reef. We used the free shuttle, all went smoothly, can't wait to go back. The Zaza is my new favorite hotel!

Room Tip: 11th floor!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Houston, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
LeslieZzz!

Thank you for the fantastic review! I am happy to read that you had a great night at Hotel ZaZa recently. I will make sure Mary is commended for providing excellent service to you during your stay!

Please touch base when you're ready to plan your next Z-scape as I will have my team roll out the reddest of red carpets upon your arrival. We love ya!

884 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

First and only time I've every stayed in a hotel room with the image of a nude woman screenprinted on the headboard. That pretty much says it all for ZaZa: it's a place to be (or aspire to be) beautiful people. It's sexy. It's romantic. It just screams "adult boutique hotel."

Service is excellent, the bar is fun, and the valet-only parking is far more responsive than any hotel that I know. The rooms are a bit small, and our bathroom could have used more ventilation--a long shower will steam up the whole room (including the wall that was all-mirror).

Overall, this place is perfect for a fun weekend (or more) away with your significant other. The crowd is not quite as young as you'd expect, which gives it a quieter, more relaxed vibe. If I were staying in Houston on business, I'd probably give Zaza a miss, but as a party hotel, you couldn't ask for better.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Houston, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
MerryDevil!

Thank you for the review regarding your stay at Hotel ZaZa. I am pleased to read that you received excellent service during your visit at the Z! In regards to your bathroom, I will look into the ventilation issue with my team.

ZaZa is a hotel for all ages! Please touch base when your travels return you to Houston, as I will have my team create a signature experience for you! We love ya at ZaZa!
Dallas, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

We had the most amazing stay! We never want to stay anywhere else. The front desk lady, Mary was OUTSTANDING. She upgraded our room and gave us an unbelievable suite. The spa was exceptinonally beautiful and the massage was superb. We enjoyed this hotel more than any other! We can't wait to come back. I can't wait until ZaZa in Austin opens so we can stay there on our next visit. This hotel truly knows how to make customers feel special!

SukiBloom!

Thank you for the wonderful feedback! I am pleased to read that you had a fantastic stay at Hotel ZaZa recently! Mary is a ZaZa rock star; I am glad she took care of you during your visit! She will be commended for a job well done!

Please touch base when you would like to dive back into the ZaZa world, as I will have my team roll out the reddest of red carpets upon your arrival. We love ya!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

This is the ONLY hotel I ever want to stay at while in Houston. Everyone from the valets to the receptionists are excellent in the service they give. The suites are wonderful and unique. The restaurant/bar is a fun place to be and the food is top-notch. I love everything about Hotel Zaza.

• Stayed September 2013
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Houston, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Bguerra1!

Thank you for the fantastic feedback. I am pleased to read that you "love everything about Hotel ZaZa"! The Z is definitely eclectic. I am also glad to read that you enjoy the Monarch!

Dive back into the wonderful world of ZaZa again soon! We love ya!
Miami Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

We found the 300 + hotel in a quit section in downtown Houston..(It wasn't lost) We were surprised at the hotel..the room are outstanding..bed linen is 1st class..Coffee in the morning on ever floor..Not the powered coffee..The Shuttle service is outstanding..The SUV with a pair of Horns on the front..This is a class hotel with class service..U can't go wrong..

Room Tip: Lower floor are less money..But what ever you get..it's worth the money..
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Houston, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Bobo100!

Thank you for the fantastic feedback! I am happy to read that you had a great time at Hotel ZaZa recently. The Magic Carpet Ride shuttle is one of the many gems of the hotel! I am glad you found the complimentary transporation service OUTSTANDING!

Please touch base when your travels return you to Houston, as I will have my team roll out the reddest of red carpets upon your arrival!
Curitiba, PR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

My wife and I enjoyed our stay here with very friendly staff and a nice coffee / tea setup each morning. I would have been nice if it was available in the afternoon. Comfortable beds and a good veiw of park. I found the location convienant to the metro train for getting to / from my downtown office.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Pat_from_Redford!

Thank you for the great feedback! I am pleased to read that you had a thoroughly enjoyable visit at Hotel ZaZa last month! The Butler's Pantry complimentary coffee and tea service is one of the many gems of the hotel. I am glad you liked the setup!

Please touch base when your travels return you to H-town, as I will have the ZaZa team create a signature experience for you! We love ya!
Lago Vista, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

My husband and I recently visited hotel Za Za in Houston for our 17 year anniversary and the entire experience from start to finish was superb in every way. We met Shane and Mary first, and they were so very sincerely professional and helpful, making everything checking in seamless. We have stayed at many nice hotels and hotel Za Za is now at the top of list. The 12th floor called the magnificent seven was where we stayed in the "Rock Star" room. Simply incredible, clean, spectacular view of the entire city and enormous. If you plan a trip to Houston and want the pampering elegant experience of a lifetime stay at THE Hotel Za Za! You will not want to leave and that's precisely why so many folks we met were frequently returning guests. We can't wait to come back soon! Thanks so much to all of you who made our stay so perfect! Calvin and Jackie Smith - Calvin's Fine Jewelry Austin, Texas

Room Tip: Talk directly to the front desk and ask for "Mary" and she will help you find the best roo...
Jackie S!

Thank you for the wonderful review regarding your recent stay at Hotel ZaZa! I am pleased to read that your 17th Anniversary was an incredible experience at the Z! The Magnificent Seven Suites are definitely worth a visit.

In regards to service, I am happy Mary & Shane took wonderful care of you at check-in. I will make sure they are both commended for providing excellent hospitality to you!

Please touch base when you would like to dive back into the ZaZa world for another eclectic getaway, as I will have my team roll out the reddest of red carpets upon your arrival!

Been to Hotel ZaZa Houston? Share your experiences!