“Event at the Phantom Room” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast/Valet/Cocktails
Ranked #10 of 457 Hotels in Houston
Houston, Texas
“Event at the Phantom Room”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

I had my event at Zaza Hotel, Phantom room on March 19, 2013 at 6:30 pm. I was stunned to see Mr. Kleibert Estrada, Walter Torres and Salvador Quezada waiting for me "at my service" . How fabulous is that! I arrived at 4:30 PM. Needless to say, all the t's were crossed and all the i's were dots. The food was delicious and well presented. My guests consists of out of towners and at the Medical Center. Everybody was satisfied and very happy. I feel so special being treated like I am the "queen". Very good job and will definitely highly recommend. Of course, I will have my next event at Zaza Hotel. No need to look anywhere else. Zaza Hotel treats you like "royalty".

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Houston, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
csmitra!

Thank you for the fantastic feedback. I am pleased to read that you had a z-mazing event at Hotel ZaZa! The Phantom Ballroom is definitely a lovely space. Walter, Kleibert & Salvador will be commended for their superb work!

Please touch base when you would like to begin planning another spectacular event at ZaZa! We love ya!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (259)
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Recently stayed here for a wedding and it was an excellent choice made by the bride and groom. The location is ideal, walking distance to the museums (currently a Picasso Black and White, which was a treat). Hip spot which was great for grabbing moments to meet for drinks with friends. Cool lobby with a funky cowboy boot sculpture and a big bull in front. Rooms a little dark for my taste, excellent choice for anyone who likes staying at a W Hotel or Mondrian type.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
bunnymoon!

Thank you for the awesome feedback! I am glad you had a pleasant stay at Hotel ZaZa recently. The location is ideal for anyone looking to explore the best of what Houston has to offer! Please touch base when your travels return you to H-town, as I would love to create a signature experience for you!
Fort Smith, AR
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

This used to be the Warwick Hotel, dignified and elegant, a place which one could recommend to one's parents. It was purchased about ten years ago by a college drop out from Oklahoma who attempted to jazz it up. The once brightly lit public rooms are now darkly paneled and dimly lit, as are the guest rooms. The decor and ambience, attempting to be hip and edgy, come across as prurient and perverted. A variety massage services are available, including one called "Womb Service," offered to pregnant and postpartum women, except during the first trimester. I did not inquire as to the exact nature of that particular offering.

That said, the service was prompt, the personnel were helpful and courteous, the one meal I had there was good and not unreasonably priced. The rooms, aside from being dreary and poorly lit, were clean and comfortable. Free transportation is provided by the hotel to destinations within a five mile radius. I'm not sure how one arranges return transpiration, as I did not attempt to do so.

Parking is valet only, and retrieving one's vehicle may take up to ten minutes. Public transpiration is nearby. The hotel is within walking distance of the medical center if one is not disabled and the weather is good.

If you are planning to stay in a similarly priced, more elegant elegant hotel , and are more interested in relaxation, stay at the Houstonian. Check them both out on their web sites before making a decision.

Room Tip: Try to get one with a view to the west or southwest
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Houston, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
rbarkerFortSmith_AR!

Thank you for the feedback! I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your visit at Hotel ZaZa. The hotel is definitely a contrast to the Warwick Hotel, which was built in 1925. ZaZa is almost mystical, sometimes whimsical, and always memorable!

In regards to the Magic Carpet Ride complimentary shuttle, return service is obtained simply by calling the hotel. Easy process!

As for relaxation, ZaZa is the epitome of the notion! From the invigorating ZaSpa, to ZaZa Poolside, the Z has much to offer in regards to comfort and serenity. Dive in and be inspired! We love ya at ZaZa!
Mechanicsville, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I really like the way ZAZA pays attention to the smallest details to make you feel special. When arriving in the car service from the airport they are immediately at the car opening the door, another getting the bags from the truck ensuring they have the rights ones and immediate call me by name. (read the airport luggage tag I assume). The Front Desk greets you immediately by name which is so cool. Since it was 10:00 and check in time is later in the day my room wasn't ready but they called house keeping and immediately diverted resourses to work on my room type next. The front desk staff found me working down lobby hall way at a table a short while later and gave me rooms keys going above the call to let me know my room was now available. The ZAZA shuttle driver shuttled me to a destination and back which is a great feature to offer at the hotel. The rest of the stay was comfortable and relaxing. My wife and are coming back next weekend for a special leisure stay.

Room Tip: I like the blacony King rooms. They are spacious and have extra outside sound proofing to keep the...
Scott G!

Thank you for the wonderful feedback! I am happy the Z staff provided excellent hospitality to you throughout the duration of your stay at the hotel! Comfort is key at ZaZa.

The Z team looks forward to your upcoming visit! Stop by the Monarch for a delish meal during your getaway. We love ya at ZaZa!
Grimstad, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Had a good few days here during halloween. The hotel was decorated and themed for the occasion, but nonetheless it was a great hotel for everyday purposes as well. Not so much the business hotel, but all the more of an experience for the same reason. Location is not so much of an issue in Houston as you have to drive everywhere anyways, which for a european is kind off awkward and inconvenient. Enjoyed the bar tremendously, as the bar list was both unique and the bar tenders knew what they where doing.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Houston, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Michael_Morland!

Thank you for the excellent review! I am pleased to read that you had a fantastic stay at Hotel ZaZa during Halloween. The Monarch bar is definitely one of the many gems of ZaZa; I am glad you enjoyed your time there! Please touch base when you will be planning another trip to H-town, as I would love to create another signature ZaZa experience for you!
refugio, texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Just had a much-appreciated call from Zach in Housekeeping who is handling the return of my husband's beloved old brown belt. His response to my initial call was quick and he was more than gracious about my request. We had a lovely and interesting evening at the Hotel Zaza and plan to return.

Room Tip: The Moulin Rouge Room was quiet and well-appointed. Bathtub was wonderful.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Houston, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Louise from Refugio!

Thank you for the excellent feedback. I am pleased to read that Zach helped you retrieve your husband's belt! Zach is a ZaZa rock star. Please touch base when you would like to z-scape back to ZaZa, as I will have my staff roll out the reddest of red carpets upon your arrival! We love ya!
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for a fun weekend in March with friends. We loved our stay at Hotel Zaza. The valet swarmed us every time we arrived and departed with excellent service. The front desk was professional, accommodating and responsive. I requested a quiet room and we were in a Grande King room on the 7th floor overlooking the park and the room was Very quiet. The room was luxurious and well appointed with a wall of windows, a couple of chairs, a huge flat screen TV, a comfortable king bed with soft linens and a rain shower. My only complaint would be the lack of area to place toiletries next to the sink, but that was minor in comparison to the surroundings. There was turn down service every night as a bonus. Housekeeping did a great job. We had a drink at the bar one night and the bartender was quick and efficient and made a good stiff drink. The lobby was a good place to meet prior to dinner and there was complimentary champagne each evening. It wasn't warm enough to use the pool, although our friends reported it was very scenic and would be great in better weather. The location in the museum district is ideal and I'd highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: The front desk will help with your requests in choice of room.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
JJBJW!

Thank you for the awesome feedback! I am pleased to read that you had a wonderful time at Hotel ZaZa recently. Come on back when the weather is prime for pool season and enjoy an invigorating treatment at ZaSpa! We love ya!

Been to Hotel ZaZa Houston? Share your experiences!