“Nice location and kitsch decor” 4 of 5 stars

Breakfast/Valet/Cocktails
Ranked #8 of 468 Hotels in Houston
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Nice location and kitsch decor”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Right in the middle of the Museum district of Houston, next door to the museum of fine arts. The hotel had a very kitsch decoration but in a fun way. We got a spacious room with a nice view. I was surprised by not to hearing any noise coming from the huge Halloween party that was going on at the hotel. The room service was fast, they told me 30m and in less than 15 i had the food in my room. Valet Service was courteous but kind of slow, maybe due to the party and fully booked hotel. Overall a nice experience.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Houston, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
spdmatos!

Thank you for the superb feedback! I am so pleased that you had a nice experience at Hotel ZaZa Houston during the Halloween bash weekend. That was one lively weekend!

The views from the hotel are some of the best in H-town; I am happy you enjoyed your room! As for room service, the Z staff is terrific in expediting orders. Guest satisfaction is definitely key at the Z!

All in all, thank you again for the review. Please touch base when you will be planning another trip to Houston, as I would love to create another signature ZaZa experience for you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (287)
Thibodaux, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

As always my stay at ZaZa was very nice. I love the friendly staff, the eclectic style, and the beautiful rooms. I had surgery and the beds are so comfortable I wanted to get out of the hospital bed as quickly as possible and really rest in the beautiful Pool Villa. The only problem I had was that I arrived before check in and my room was not ready (my fault) but they got me into the room quickly and offered us soft drinks while we waited ( I didn't know but that ended up on my bill which was odd). The room wasn't fully clean when we got in and had dirty footprints all over the hall and sitting area and then we later found a large bottle of vodka hidden behind a curtain which also told me no one cleaned there. About an hour after we arrived and I was resting a man didn't knock and walked in and took something out of our mini bar. He told us we should have our hang tag on the outside if we didn't want anyone walking in (this seemed very odd). I had a couple of problems and sent an email last Monday asking to speak to the manager. I haven't heard anything. I was told since I'm a zip member I would also get a voucher for a free night on my next stay and a $50 certificate. These are really nice bonuses to your stay but when I asked I received two separate responses so now I emailed that question with my other. The ZaZa is like a wonderful vacation even if you don't leave your comfy room and the staff are really nice but as I said I would really not like to wait a week with no response especially when I'm trying to book a new stay in a couple of weeks.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Just beside Hermann Park and Rice Uni (great for a run in the morning or evening), and close to museums. Hotel is well kept (it has a pretty unique style), staff is friendly and facilities are good. I liked it that, without prompting, the concierge ran to get me a bottle of water when i came one morning from a run. Enjoyed the 24hr gym. Good stay

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Houston, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Sergio M!

I am happy to read that you had a GOOD stay at Hotel ZaZa Houston! Thank you for the kind words regarding the ZaZa staff; they are a wonderful team.

In regards to the gym and facilities, I am pleased that you enjoyed both!

All in all, thank you again for the fantastic feedback. Please touch base when you will be planning another trip to H-town, as I will have my staff roll out the reddest of red carpets upon your arrival!
Houston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

We visited end of September for a getaway weekend, and had a GREAT time! We had a themed room (West Indies) and the view of Houston and the Rice Village was beautiful! Walking distance from several great places, Museum of Fine Arts just next door. Also, a block away from the Metro Rail, even if it was down for contruction that weekend (bad timing), but we were able to board the train and go downtown for dinner on evening. the Steak House was really great! Awesome food! The pool (yes you can swim outside in Sept in Houston) was really great and the pool bar service was good too! The Spa was lovely!

The theme room was also quiet large and Wheelchair Accessible including an open bed frame, which for some reason is hard to find in nice hotels. That really should be a requirement for all hotels with WCA rooms! Just my opinion!

Room Tip: Open bed frames in some rooms (the Themed Rooms) Wheelchair Accessible
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
daynaba!

Thank you for the wonderful feedback! I am pleased to read that your getaway weekend at Hotel ZaZa in September was a fantastic experience! West Indies is one of our lovely Concept Suites; I am happy you enjoyed the room during your visit to the hotel!

In regards to the pool, I am glad you enjoyed the area as well as the pool bar service. The Houston heat is definitely around in September!

All in all, thank you again for the kind words. Please touch base when you are ready for another Z-scape, as I will have my staff create another signature ZaZa experience for you!
Cambridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

This was my third stay. Rooms well appointed and good sized. Nice bar menu and staff. Iced tea and fig newtons at reception a nice touch. Food very good. Setting around the museums nice, but scarcely anything to walk to, tho' ZaZa does offer a ride service. Will stay again.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Houston, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
GeoffO62 from Cambridge!

Thank you for the wonderful feedback! I am pleased to read that your third stay at Hotel ZaZa was a delightful experience and that you enjoyed the treats in the lobby!

The Magic Carpet Ride shuttle service is ideal for anyone looking to be transported within a five- mile radius of the hotel.

All in all, thank you again for the review! Please touch base when you are ready to z-scape back to ZaZa, as I will have my staff roll out the reddest of red carpets upon your arrival!
Shreveport, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

The service and room amenities seem decent. The restaurant downstairs messed up the food order twice. The parking garage set up is unusually challenging and inconvenient, even for Houston. The feature that ruins the zaza experience is undoubtedly the pictures of naked women plastered in hallways, rooms, and bathrooms. This hotel is definitely not family / kid-friendly. I would definitely not stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
ZaZaHouston, General Manager at Hotel ZaZa Houston, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Dear Shreveport Traveler!

First of all, thanks for the kind words regarding service and amenities. With respect to the artwork throughout the hotel, we have taken painstaking steps to tone down its tenor over the past couple of years.

We do feel strongly that being different is what makes us better. Where else will you find a larger than life dinosaur replica on loan from our great friends at the Museum of Natural Science roaming atop a coy filled pond in the lobby? This installation comes on the heels of an ornate, life-sized mummy case floating in the same coy filled pond - a tip of our chapeau to the King Tut exhibit at our across the street neighbor, the Museum of Fine Arts.

We like to have fun and be different. It may not be for you and for that I apologize. But a difference in opinion is what makes this country great, right?

In any event, thanks for voicing yours!

Best,

Matthew Nuss
Executive Vice President
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012 via mobile

ZaZa is a great hotel to stay at. Attentive team, clean, beautiful rooms, nice bathrooms. Love the fact that they provide coffee and tea on your floor between 7am and 10pm.

Ate at the Monarch one night. Last minute with 8 other team members. They accommodated us well and the food was delicious.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Houston, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Cantersontour!

Thank you for the wonderful feedback! I am pleased that you found Hotel ZaZa a beautiful, clean establishment with fantastic staff! The Butler's Pantry coffee & tea service is one of the many gems of the hotel; I am glad you enjoyed the refreshers!

As for the Monarch, I am happy to read that you and your colleagues were accommodated nicely and received delicious meals! LOVE IT!

All in all, thank you again for the review. Please touch base when your travels return you to H-town, as the Z team would love to create another signature ZaZa experience for you!

Been to Hotel ZaZa Houston? Share your experiences!