“Great hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 457 Hotels in Houston
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Great hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012 via mobile

ZaZa is a great hotel to stay at. Attentive team, clean, beautiful rooms, nice bathrooms. Love the fact that they provide coffee and tea on your floor between 7am and 10pm.

Ate at the Monarch one night. Last minute with 8 other team members. They accommodated us well and the food was delicious.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Houston, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Cantersontour!

Thank you for the wonderful feedback! I am pleased that you found Hotel ZaZa a beautiful, clean establishment with fantastic staff! The Butler's Pantry coffee & tea service is one of the many gems of the hotel; I am glad you enjoyed the refreshers!

As for the Monarch, I am happy to read that you and your colleagues were accommodated nicely and received delicious meals! LOVE IT!

All in all, thank you again for the review. Please touch base when your travels return you to H-town, as the Z team would love to create another signature ZaZa experience for you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (259)
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

Booked Zaza while in town for a wedding. We have a king balcony w/ beautiful, upgraded linens and a very good bed. Even the pillows are good! The furnishings are unique, nice quality--the bathroom is spacious for this smaller king room, the shower is wonderful. Very classy. The staff are smiling, friendly and helpful.
This is a great hotel to book if you want to be near Rice, the Medical Ctr, Museums and parks. Good downtown vibe.

pamlaz!

Thank you for the terrific review! I am very pleased that you found ZaZa a classy hotel with "smiling, friendly, and helpful" staff! LOVE IT! I am glad you enjoyed the comforts of your room as well!

Hotel ZaZa is situated in a lovely area of Houston - the Museum District! There is plenty of great places to explore within the vicinity of the hotel.

Thank you again for the feedback! Touch base when your travels return you to H-town, as I will have my staff roll out the reddest of red carpets upon your arrival!
Lafayette, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I had a relative that was having surgery at the Methodist Hospital and based on my last stay at Zaza Houston I booked there again. My expectations were high and we booked the Splendito Suite. We drove up and the valet service was efficient and courteous. We were immediately greeted, the room keys were ready and were assisted up to the suite (Rm 903). The suite was huge with the dining room and living room separated by the king bedroom by a large bathroom. The bathroom has a separate large soaking tub and shower. The views of downtown Houston from this suite were awesome. Another plus is you can watch planes taking off and on landing approach from the nearby Hobby Airport from the bedroom views.

In my opinion, one of the best features/services of this hotel is the car shuttle service called Zaza Magic Carpet Ride. The drivers are knowledgable of the area and efficient. I used this service to get back and forth to the hospital until I discovered the MetroRail stop right by the hotel. From then on I just took the Metro back and forth from the hotel to hospital. It is only $1.25 and the south and north bound stops are right by the hotel. The Metro also stops by the zoo and also goes downtown Houston.

Room service was fast and the food really good. My favorite was the All American Breakfast. The eggs are awesome and the thick slices of bacon are delicious. It is well worth every penny!

The rest of our family stayed at different hotels from us for our relative's surgery and after hearing about Zaza, I think they wished they would have switched hotels. The Zaza made a somber trip a bit more cheerful by the experience.

While at the hospital, the local ICU nurses heard some of my family complaining about their hotel stay and recommended they stay at Zaza. This is impressive when the locals recommend the hotel.

One last note; most hotels have weak and slow Wifi service. Zaza has what I consider very good Wifi. This makes the stay more enjoyable when you can stream movies without them stuttering.

All in all this is a very well managed hotel and I will be staying there again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Houston, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
tmde!

Thank you for the fantastic feedback! I am pleased that your recent visit to Hotel ZaZa was filled with excellent service and delightful views of lovely H-town!

In regards to the Magic Carpet Ride Shuttle Service, I am glad you found the complimentary ride a terrific option for your transportation needs. The Z valet team is very knowledgeable of the Houston area; they are happy to transport guests within a five-mile radius of the hotel!

Woohoo to the All American Breakfast! The morning meal is a delicious, hearty option. I am happy you enjoyed the food!

All in all, thank you for your kind words. I am glad the Z team made your somber trip a bit brighter. Please touch base when you would like to plan another stay in Houston, as I will have my staff roll out the reddest of red carpet upon your arrival!
Stafford, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

On October 20, 2012, my boyfriend and I came to Hotel ZaZa to celebrate our anniversary. I had planned to surprise him with a proposal that night as well. I worked with Nathan in concierge to go over all the planning, from time of arrival, to placing us in a room with magnificant views, to planning the dinner at Monarch, to decorating the room with rose pedals and candles and everything else. First, please let me extend how much working with Nathan was such a pleasure and joy to do. Any email I sent him was answered back to within an hour or less. He was very on top of his game and kept all other concierge in the know. Second, please let say another HUGE thank you to the other conciege on site that helped with the planning as well. My now fiance and I showed up to amazing customer service! The valet was very sweet and prompt, the front desk was very professional and kind, and again the concierge was EXCELLENT!!! The room was beautiful!!! Very clean and very modern/contemporary which we absolutely loved!!!! When we had dinner at the Monarch the food was delicious!! Our waiter was very attentive, professional, and always there to serve. Excellent service all the way around! When we finshed dinner we came back upstairs to a room completely decked out in rose pedals and candles with complimentary champagne and chocolate covered strawberries!!! Just what I asked for! Y'all did an amazing job with everything!!! This is a wonderful place to stay. The rooms are very comfy, the people are very sweet and professional, and service is top notch!!!! They say they luv ya at the ZaZa.....well Hotel ZaZa we LOVE YA right back ;)

Room Tip: If you decide to go with the King Balcony Suite try and request a room on the 8th floor or above fac...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Houston, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Lindsay B!

WOW! Thank you for the awesome feedback! I am very pleased to read that your proposal at ZaZa was a special experience. Nathan will definitely be commended for his stellar service to you during your stay!

I am also glad that you enjoyed your room and the fabulous transformation that was created with the addition of the rose petals, candles, champagne and chocolate covered strawberries! LOVE IT!

All in all, thank you for your kind words. Please touch base when your travels return you to H-town, as I will have my staff roll out the reddest of red carpets upon your arrival!
Bridgehampton, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

Zaza Houston is the best upscale hotel close to the Houston complex of hospitals and just across the street from the major museums. I had a huge and very quiet 9th floor suite overlooking the park and the skyline beyond. The wonderful sheets and mattress, stunning bathroom and two big flatscreen TVs completed the luxury. (Towels could be fluffier). The price was reasonable for the value and the staff very friendly. The young woman at check-in desk seemed confused, however. On the other hand, the concierge was more than helpful about everything.
Shuttle transportation provided to hospitals and neighborhood was a good bonus.

On the negative side, the lobby and hallways are too dark, even when it is bright daylight outside. It was too dark to really see the check-in forms at 3PM. The decor, trying to be trendy and ironic, is often just weird.

Weirdest of all, when I called to make a reservation a week earlier, I was told firmly that no rooms were available. Called back and asked for the manager who said two standard rooms were available. Got my travel agent to call, and got a Splendito suite plus breakfast for a great price. When my daughter checked in, she was shown a standard room. Called down and said we reserved two suites and she was changed immediately. Huh?

So the reservations policy is misleading and confusing but worst of all for the hotel itself, which could have lost guests for two suites if the information from the first try operator had been remotely true.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Nightingdale,

Thank you for the detailed feedback! I am glad you found ZaZa the "best upscale hotel" in the heart of Houston! The property is situated amongst quite beauteous surroundings. Most importantly, I am happy to read that you found the Z staff to be friendly and accommodating. LOVE IT!

The Magic Carpet Ride complimentary shuttle service is definitely a wonderful transportation option; we'll take you anywhere within a five-mile radius of the hotel!

In regards to the reservation situation, our availability fluctuates daily. Sometimes we have statuses that are lifted and sometimes we have cancellations. I apologize for the confusion you encountered during the booking process!

All in all, thank you again for your feedback. Please touch base when you would like to plan another Z-scape, as I would love to create another signature ZaZa experience for you!
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

We spent the night at Hotel ZaZa so that we could be close to Houston's Medical Center. It was also my birthday so we wanted a nice hotel. Boy did we get one. The bar was wonderful! The bartender started me off with a free drink. From there we went to a wonderful meal. Will at dinner my Mother lost a diamond ring that held great sentimental value. I called down to the front desk to ask if anyone had found it and within 40 minutes they had the ring at our door. I cannot say thank you enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We will be back!

Room Tip: All rooms are good
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Houston, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Robin B!

Thank you for the GREAT feedback! I am very pleased to read that your mother's lost diamond ring was recovered by the Z team! Woohoo! I am also happy that you had a delightful time at the Monarch for birthday drinks. The bistro is an ideal spot for any celebration!

Please touch base when you are ready to plan another escape to ZaZa, as I will have my team create another signature experience for you!
new york
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

My wife went to the front desk to find out how to get to the Anderson Medical Center....and the front desk offered a ride to her in a luxury SUV...free of cost....I have stayed in many top-notch hotels around the world....but nobody can beat ZaZa in customer service...what else can I say !

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Matthew_Nuss, Executive Vice President at Hotel ZaZa Houston, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
assamese!

Thank you for the great feedback! I am pleased that your wife enjoyed the comforts and convenience of the complimentary Magic Carpet Ride Shuttle Service at Hotel ZaZa! We'll take you anywhere within a five-mile radius of the hotel.

All in all, thank you for the praise. The Z team looks forward to creating another signature visit for you and your wife. We love you at ZaZa!

Been to Hotel ZaZa Houston? Share your experiences!