“Trendy and popular, still excellent” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast/Valet/Cocktails
Ranked #9 of 470 Hotels in Houston
“Trendy and popular, still excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

This was my second stay at ZaZa for a weekend getaway with my husband. ZaZa is definitely a trendy boutique hotel and very popular, but that doesn't mean you can't get good service. Both times I've visited on the weekend the hotel has been very busy, but the valet, front desk and pool side service has been very good to excellent. It's hard not to be happy with someone handing you a glass of prosecco before you even get checked in. The pool definitely gets busy and a little rowdy, but if needed, the pool staff will find you a lounge chair, and there are quiet corners or cabanas available on the back side of the pool area. I wouldn't recommend a room on the 2nd or 3rd floors near the pool, unless you want to be part of the party during the afternoon. The room interiors are all up to date and comfortable, views vary. The rooms and suites facing the pool courtyard have the best views looking out toward Herman Park and there are other rooms in the wings facing north that should have views of the park. The city views from rooms facing east and west is great at night, but watch out for rooms in the corners that essentially look into the balcony rooms. If you like to be able to open your blinds, don't stay in 802 or anything like it on other floors. These rooms need blinds the open from the top down to avoid letting guests on their balcony seeing you walking around your room. There is art everywhere in the hotel. It is very edgy, often a little risqué or a little disturbing, and always entertaining. The butler's pantry on each floor takes care of your caffeine needs in the morning, and a variety of snacks are available in your room. The Monarch is also a great place for catching up with friends at the bar or fine dining. Overall, this is a great stay in the museum district and well worth the expense.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Matthew_Nuss, Manager at Hotel ZaZa Houston, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Hello Klenox67!

I am glad to read your second stay at Hotel ZaZa was an enjoyable weekend getaway! It is always nice to read praise about the quality of service ZaZa provides; thank you for the kind words regarding the front desk, pool & valet teams!

Many rooms of the hotel definitely provide awesome views of the city. I am happy you enjoy gazing out from ZaZa! As for the rooms on the 8th floor needing blinds, I will relay your concern to my team so the issue may be tackled swiftly!

In regards to The Monarch, thank you for your feedback! The restaurant is an ideal spot for dining or celebrating any occasion.

All in all, I appreciate your comments about ZaZa! Please touch base with me when you would like to return for another eclectic experience, as I will have my staff roll out the reddest of red carpets upon your arrival!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (304)
Maubec, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

A good friend who lives in Houston recommended the Zaza. A visit at the website promised a special treat but my overall experience was not overly impressive. The room I had for 8 days was nice though one cannot sleep with the aicro on - too loud and switches on and off. The view from the balcony was not impressive since building works were going on in repainting the walls and when I was on the balcony curious stares looked at me..

On saturday there was a large wedding or party and as a single traveller I could not find even a small space around the pool; utterly crowded and utterly noisy - but it is saturday so no complaints. Standing room in the pool only which in my mind is clearly too small for a hotel this size.

Valet parking for $25 a night is expensive and so is basically everything from poolside drinks to a meal.

I do not think I will be back at Zaza, or was it SoSo?

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Paul F,

Thanks for your feedback on your recent 8-day stay at Hotel ZaZa! I apologize for the painting crew we have on the building as we are working har dot improve the hotel by resurfacing the exterior. I will share your comments with the foreman so he can reiterate the importance of professionalism with his crew. Your comment was the first we received in the 2 months we have been working, so we will react swiftly.

As far as the pool is concerned, we are a quite popular destination for weddings and galas on the weekends so this area is typically bustling with a vibrant crowd and quite fun for our guests. I appreciate your "no complaints" remark. Thank you!

With respect to pricing, we continuously benchmark our pricing versus commensurate hotels in the area so we try to be very competitive in this regard. I apologize if you felt the prices were a bit on the high side.

Again, thanks for your feedback and we look forward to your return!
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

I stayed at ZAZA for a wedding and from the moment we entered the hotel until we left the next day our stay was fantastic. The hotel is iconic to Houston and now it is just the perfect destination for wonderful memories that last a lifetime.

The location is fabulous, the hotel packed with fun and I cannot wait to have another excuse to go to ZAZA!

Room Tip: we were tucked in a corner that was nice a quiet and the coffee service on each floor was such a ni...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Hello HoustonNative53!

I am glad to read that your entire ZaZa visit was absolutely fantastic! Hotel ZaZa is an iconic treasure to Houston as it's home to the former grand Warwick Hotel. Wonderful, unforgettable memories can definitely be made here!

Thank you for your feedback! Find an excuse to escape again to the almost mystical, sometimes whimsical, always memorable Hotel ZaZa!

We love ya at ZaZa!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012 via mobile

Not being keen on boutique hotels, I must say this one stands out. Good hotel, trendy deco, good small gym/spa, friendly staff. Excellent location in the museum district, close to a choice of good restaurants on Montrose. You may have to go the extra buck for a really good room ( a fantastico suite, like us). Jacuzzi-size pool is a minus.

• Stayed July 2012
Martialbenard!

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay at Hotel ZaZa Houston! I am happy the hotel stands out among other boutique hotels in your eyes. A Fantastico or Magnificent Seven Suite is definitely worth the "extra buck"! We love ya at ZaZa!
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

ZaZa never disappoints. When calling to make a reservation, the agent informed me about a package being offered that included tickets to the museum and dinner at The Monarch. This made my usual enjoyable stay at the ZaZa even more memorable. I highly recommend when making a reservation, inquire about their packages.

Room Tip: Inquire about their packages...great value and lots of fun!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Matthew_Nuss, Manager at Hotel ZaZa Houston, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
WOW! "ZaZa never disappoints." Thank you for the great feedback! I am happy you enjoyed the special package to the museum and The Monarch Restaurant! We love ya at ZaZa!
Dallas, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

Stayed here for business. OMG, very nice. Staff and service was GREAT!!! Bed was verrry comfy. Love the Bathroom, was as large as sleeping area. Can't go wrong if you stay here. Nice balcony that over looks the pool.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Matthew_Nuss, Manager at Hotel ZaZa Houston, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
LOVE IT! I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed your visit to Hotel ZaZa Houston. Please touch base with me when you would like to return to ZaZa for another eclectic getaway! We love ya at ZaZa!
Sao Paulo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

I booked a Fantastico Suite for a 3 night stay in Zaza Houston Hotel.For me it`s very important to have a bathtub in the room.The first thing that I check in the hotel website and in tripadvisor photos is it.I was pretty sure that I`d find one at Zaza Houston,but entering the room I found just a shower.
As I `ve booked my stay with Expedia,I couldn`t cancel my reservation and change the hotel by myself.I didn`t feel comfortable to talk on the phone in English because my English is not very good.
So I had the chance to meet Mr Michael Bartek.He was so nice,so understanding,that he upgrade me for free to a room with bathtub.And...what a room:PERFECT!!!
And I loved my stay there!!!It´s one of the coolest hotels I have ever stayed:nice decor,great staff,courtesy van for the Galleria Mall,close to Parks and Museums!!

Room Tip: Splendido Suite!!!Amazing!!!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Wonderful! I am glad you had a smooth, delightful stay at Hotel ZaZa Houston! I will make sure Michael Bartek is commended for his superb service to you during your visit. The Magic Carpet Ride car service is one of the many gems of Hotel ZaZa! Please let me know when your travels will zip you back to ZaZa as I would love to create another signature experience for you!