The Hampton Inn was good as reported my many TripAdvisor members. The hotel is clean,staff are friendly and helpful, the rooms and bathrooms are large, and furnishings are attractive and functional. The complimentary breakfast was very good and filling. The public hotel area is minimal and not inviting to sit.
However, there are a few issues that travelers should be aware of. You have to phone the hotel on arrival at George Bush International (GBI) to get the free shuttle pick up, but the hotel is NOT listed on the directory with phone link video screen situated in the baggage claim area of terminal “C”. We were lucky that a lady working for a city transport service kindly lent us her mobile to call the hotel.
The hotel is only 10 minutes from the terminal at GBI which is very convenient for overnight flight connections. The downside is that you do hear muffled aircraft noise for takeoff. Fortunately we did not have much noise before 6 am and we were already up for an early departure. The location may be an issue for light sleepers trying to sleep in.
The hotel does not had a lounge or restaurant on site, the closest being situated at the Doubletree, like the Hampton Inn also a Hilton affiliate, that is a five minute walk away. The walk itself is not a problem past Jack in the Box and a Shell station, but we were a bit uncomfortable walking back at midnight in a strange city.
The Doubletree was also on our short list to stay at and the lobby and public areas were much nicer than the Hampton Inn. I was surprised that is was ranked #114 whereas the Hampton was #58 on TripAdvisor. The Doubletree has a nicer public area and ful restaurant and bar and It is on average only $20 per night more expensive but we would likely stay there in the future if we arrive on an evening flight to avoid the walk for dinner.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax in your spacious guest room or suite at Hampton Inn & Suites Houston-Bush Intercontinental Airport, a 98-room property located near three major freeways and one mile from the airport. Enjoy free airport pick-up and drop-off with our shuttle service operated Monday thru Friday 4 AM to 11 PM and Saturday thru Sunday 5 AM to 11 PM. Whether you’re here for business or enjoying a family vacation, you’ll get free internet access, free access to the pool and fitness room, and Hampton’s free hot breakfast with our signature waffles and delicious oatmeal. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hilton Hotels, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Houston-Bush Intercontinental Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites Houston-Bush Intercontinental Airport
- Hampton Inn & Suites Houston-Bush Intercontinental Airport Hotel Houston
- Hampton Inn Houston
- Houston Hampton Inn