“Pleasantly Surprised :)” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lake View RV Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Houston
Lake View RV Resort
Save Saved
You added Lake View RV Resort to your Saves list
11991 Main St., Houston, TX 77035   |
Lake Charles, Louisiana
“Pleasantly Surprised :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

We planned a Last minute trip to Astros game...found this park online, it's 20 minute (max) drive to Minute Maid Park (where they play)...this RV park is SUPER quiet, SUPER clean, nice cemented spots with all hookups, pretty landscaping throughout, a lake in the middle. The spots all have picnic tables, the pool area is extremely nice...they even have designated hours for adult swim only (9-10pm), there's stainless steel grills set up outside pool area with sinks so you could easily grill with the family while they swim, they even treat the pool area plants for Mosquitos 3 times a day...just a great little park that's reasonably priced & well maintained...we will most definitely stay here again.

Stayed June 2014

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

We stay here with our rv when visiting my sister-in-law who lives in Bellaire. You can't beat the location. It's close to a lot of hot spots (just minutes from the Astrodome.) Unfortunately, the location and their laundry room is about all this place has going for it. The spots are fairly difficult to maneuver in and out of. They also are on the cramped side. The dog runs they have are quite small and are ALWAYS covered in dog poop! If they enforce the $20 fine for not cleaning up after your pets, they must be rich! I would instead love to walk my pets around the lake, however, you aren't allowed to do so. Oh yeah, and now for all the rules and signs! You literally can't look anywhere in this place without seeing signs posted with rules. It's so overkill. I read all the rules in the brochure provided! I don't want to be barked out everywhere I turn. A few to remind people of the really important stuff is fine, but do we really need a sign asking people not to take up two BBQ grills if you don't need two? Why would someone use two unless they needed to?? Also, I used the shower in the ladies room and the water was lukewarm. I had to go with 3 out of 5 for location. It may have been lower otherwise.

Stayed January 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

After spending 2 nights in a hotel that left us with $200.00 less in our wallet and itching (OH NO!!) my husband located the Lake View Rv Resort only 5 minutes from TCH. He drove back home which was 2 hours one way and picked up our rig and brought it back so we would have our own place to stay during a very stressful time. We rented a spot for a month, which only cost us a little over $500.00 plus electricity. The park is spotless and is was so nice to be able to walk around the lake on the nights that I was actually not at the hospital. The laundry was spotless and has a great system with prepaid cards so you dont have to deal with quarters. There were outdoor kitchens, many outdoor swings, a pool, sauna, nice indoor gameroom to name a few ammenities. I honestly wasnt there enough to see much more. The park is pet friendly and one of the nicest places that I have found, especially near Houston.
I will definately stay there again if we ever have to go back to the Medical Center.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

Very clean and convenient to all hospitals. Love the free shuttle. People in charge are so friendly and accommodating. Love the grounds and flower gardens. Best RV park in Houston. We plan to be here until January.

• Stayed August 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

My wife and I have stayed from March until August while she had treatments at MD Anderson! Facility is very clean and very well managed!! I would highly recommend to anyone wishing to stay! I would give them a 10 instead of a 5 if I could!!!

• Stayed August 2013
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Found this resort from google maps and was very impressed when we visited there today. Christine Marlett was working the counter when we walked in and she quickly acknowledged our arrival and was very friendly and looked as if she really enjoyed working there (not always the case at many businesses these days). Was immediately impressed by the openness and cleanliness of the resort and leased a spot without looking at other facilities. My wife and I are fulltimers and look forward to finding this type of place to park our motorhome in.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Denison, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

We have stayed here twice while I was being tested and treated at MD Anderson. The place is perfect for this. Very clean sites, pool, laundry room, restroom, showers, workout room. We found the office management very nice and helpful. Nice walking trail around man-made lake with fountains. Sites and roads are all concrete surrounded by grass. Few (if any) trees large enough to provide shade, so will be hot in the summer. Some of the sites along a very busy road which has constant road noise -- I would avoid this row if possible. Premium sites around the lake are the best but others away from the busy road are nice. There is a free shuttle that runs week days to MD Anderson and the other medical center buildings. Very convenient. We will return. We stayed in a 30' fifth wheel.

Room Tip: Avoid the row along the busy road. Constant road noise.