“Fresh rosé with a few thorns” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Granduca

Save Saved
You added Hotel Granduca to your Saves list
Hotel Granduca
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1080 Uptown Park Boulevard, Houston, TX 77056 (Great Uptown)   |
Hotel packages
Offers & Announcements
12% off our Suite Rates
Ranked #14 of 447 hotels in Houston
“Fresh rosé with a few thorns”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

The Granduca is a very nice and elegant boutique hotel. You will not be disappointed. They have taken great care with the details. Everything is really well done. It smells of the old Italian charm. That's the fresh rosé part...it smells nice! The thorn bit goes something like this...I checked in at 2 pm and the front desk gal told me...sorry we do not have a room ready...I had requested for a high floor to which she replied....sorry we are full and have no high floor rooms. I was a little disappointed as I had requested a month earlier. I told the girl that I am a going to talk to my company folks who have a significant contract with the hotel and also post it on the Trip Advisor. Magically not one, but two rooms 'appeared' on the high floors. I was sent an apology card and a welcome drink with dates and nuts! After that I had no complaints...the service was great...almost like in the Far East in a 5-star hotel (a dwindling perk in North America).

You will like it...take my word for it!

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
MaryGraceGray, General Manager at Hotel Granduca, responded to this review, October 14, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for being our guest at Granduca. I am delighted we were able to make certain all details met your expectations. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

248 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Brenham, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

What a wonderful stay we just had at the Granduca Hotel. When we arrived to check in, what a wonderful surprise to be upgraded to a 3 bedroom suite. There is nothing that could be improved upon. The gentlemen working valet could not have been more friendly or helpful - remembering us by name each time. The food from room service was very good. The location is located in the Galleria area so you are close to all of the best shopping and restaurants.

• Stayed October 2012
MaryGraceGray, General Manager at Hotel Granduca, responded to this review, November 4, 2012
Dear Guest

We are so delighted to know you enjoyed your return visit to Granduca. It is always our sincere pleasure to welcome our guests back to our Italian oasis in the heart of our great city. We hope you will plan another visit soon. With the holidays coming up; I hope you will plan to have lunch or dinner with us. Our special holiday brunch is amazing. See you again soon!

California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

I like nice hotels. I like hotels where they go out of their way to notice details, call us by name, give us chocolates and "turn down service", provide fluffy bathrobes, etc. The staff at this hotel were all friendly and made us feel welcome. The suite was large and comfortable. The whole hotel was attractive and somewhat "grand" - high doors, dark wood, wide hallways, etc. But it was also pleasant and not too "stuffy". I needed this hotel because I have to cook for my family (food allergies) - and it was a pleasure to use the small kitchen. OK, there were a few utensils missing to make cooking easy.... but it had quality pots and pans and really everything we needed. (The microwave doubles as a convection oven if you really, really need an oven). I think most people who stay here don't really try to cook as much as we needed to. I really felt that this hotel provided service and comfort equal to the best hotels I have stayed at.... Ritz Carlton, Four Seasons, etc.... only we had twice as much room for 1/2 the price. I would DEFINITELY stay here again without hesitation.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest

Thank you for your recent stay with us at Granduca. We are delighted you enjoyed all that we have to offer. Often the smallest details do make the difference. I am sorry we missed a few cooking utensils to make your meals a bit easier to prepare. Rest assured we are making notes. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to seeing you and your family again soon.

Very Sincerely

Boca Raton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

I love the Granduca in Houston. We have family that live just a few minutes away - so this hotel has become like a home away from home for me. From the moment I walk through the front door - everyone is concerned that everything is perfect during my stay. From the front door throughout the hotel - everyone is extremely friendly and helpful. The suites are very large and comfortable. Most importantly for me, it has always been very quiet during my stay. The hotel is beautiful and for me has that boutique feel. Another plus for me are the shops and restaurants within a few minutes walking distance.

Room Tip: I have asthma that is set off due to allergies to animals. I was told that one floor is set aside f...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
MaryGraceGray, General Manager at Hotel Granduca, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are so delighted you enjoy being at Granduca. It is such a pleasure to know our guests enjoy what we do each day!
We hope you will be back soon.

Sugar Land, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

It is indeed a luxury hotel. It looks pricey for Houston but considering location, quality of accommodations, quality and abundance of service it is really inexpensive. It is great for a romantic get away as it was in my case.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Please pardon my late response. We are delighted you enjoyed all that Granduca has to offer. Our hotel has become a destination for Houstonians to take a weekend getaway as you mentioned. We are here for you; we look forward to your next visit.
Plan to enjoy Sunday brunch soon as well as our acclaimed holiday brunches which are also a favorite of locals.

See you again soon.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

The Hotel Granduca is a beautiful 5 star luxury hotel in Houston that is one of “The Leading Hotels of the World”. It looks and feels like a large Italian Villa that was dropped into the middle of big city Houston – elegant and luxurious in every way. We stayed in the Granduca Suite which was absolutely perfect with a beautiful and spacious sitting room, well equipped kitchen, lovely and comfortable bedroom, walk in closet, and nice sized bathroom with top notch amenities. While there, we enjoyed an excellent dinner in the Restaurant Cavour. Service was outstanding for dinner and throughout our stay. Everyone was extremely friendly and over the top ready to provide assistance in any way possible. The patio area by the pool is lovely and is a perfect spot to enjoy a cocktail when the weather is nice. The indoor piano bar is also great and the live music in the evening makes it even more special. The location cannot be beat since it is within walking distance of all the shops and restaurants in Uptown Park, and only a short drive away from the awesome Galleria shopping mall as well as Memorial Park and downtown Houston. This would be a perfect place to stay for anyone visiting the Houston area and wanting to sample some of the best this city has to offer. We live in Houston and were simply looking for a special place to celebrate our 37th wedding anniversary. We were thrilled to discover this elegant and romantic hotel. It is expensive, but well worth the price, and is a perfect place to celebrate a special event. We will be back!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest

Happy Anniversary! We are so delighted you chose Granduca to enjoy your special anniversary.
We hope you will return again soon. Please join us for Sunday Brunch some weekend as it is a wonderful way to celebrate Sunday!

Very Sincerely
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

I typically go to Houston several times per year on business. This time around, my usual hotel was booked, so I registered at the Granduca at the suggestion of a friend. I am usually hesitant to select a place that does not have a name that I recognize, but in this case, I am glad that I trusted my friend. The service was elegant without seeming snobby, the facilities were beautiful, and my suite was top-notch, well-appointed and clean as a whistle.

I had a little downtime on my last day, so I sat by the outdoor pool and did some work on my computer. Having finished, I then grabbed a glass of wine from the bar, went over to the billiards room, turned ESPN on the huge TV and shot pool for about an hour. While there, several staff members popped their heads into the room to make sure that I didn't need anything. I had numerous similarly pleasant exchanges with the bell staff, bar staff and cleaning staff while I was there. It's very rare to see such consistent, well-mannered behavior from a hotel staff.

The Granduca's convenience to nice restaurants and shops (particularly at Uptown Park) is a bonus, but really cannot be the feature reason for booking...after all, who wants to leave such a great place? By the way, if you decide to leave and you need to get someplace local like the Galleria, ask the staff if they will take you in the hotel car...much nicer than a cab!

I will definitely be back.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing your experience at Granduca. We are thrilled you enjoyed all that Granduca has to offer. We sincerely look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Mary Grace Gray

Been to Hotel Granduca? Share your experiences!