“Perfect!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Granduca

You added Hotel Granduca to your Saves list
Hotel Granduca
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1080 Uptown Park Boulevard, Houston, TX 77056 (Great Uptown)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #47 of 468 Hotels in Houston
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Nashville, Tennessee
“Perfect!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

I was fortunate enough to discover Hotel Granduca when I traveled to Houston on business last month. I cannot even begin to do this exquisite property justice via this post. However, I was so taken aback that I rang my wife to join me and we enjoyed the remainder of the week as well as the weekend. I arrived overnight and the staff could not been more welcoming or courteous. Our suite, as well as every meter of the building, was wonderfully finished and impeccably maintained. Despite the wealth of culinary options that the city offers we dined three times in Ristorante Cavour. Each time the food was spot on, the wine steward was wonderful, and we were greeted by a lovely woman who is the hotel general manager. The location is excellent and affords those not familiar with the city a wealth of nearby shopping choices. We will definitely be back and look forward to enjoying several more evenings of cocktails on the veranda overlooking the pool.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
MaryGraceGray, General Manager at Hotel Granduca, responded to this review, January 9, 2012
Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking time to share your comments regarding your recent stay with us at Granduca. We are so delighted you enjoyed Ristorante Cavour and our fantastic Veranda, our staff is amazing. We all look forward to having you return again soon.

Mary Grace Gray

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Fayetteville, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

My family stayed at the Granduca over the holidays. we booked a suite and it was great. my family loved it. shopping was close and first class. there was plenty to do within walking distance. our meal at the ristorante cavour was some of the best northern italian cusine i have ever had. as an amature chef, i am picky and i was blown away. i will never stay anywhere else when we are in Houston. my kids have already asked me when we are going back. the service was super and everyone was so nice, esp to my kids. they loved the special attention.

Room Tip: choose a suite, it is well worth it
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking time to share your experience at Granduca. We are so delighted you enjoyed your stay with us! I do hope you will plan another trip to our great city. We look forward to seeing you and your family again soon.

Best Regards:

Houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

Elegant is the best way to describe our weekend stay. From the staff to the beautifully furnished rooms to the superb restaurant, everything is five star. Definitely the place to stay in Houston.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
MaryGraceGray, General Manager at Hotel Granduca, responded to this review, January 4, 2012
Dear Guest:

We are so delighted you enjoyed your stay at Granduca. We all look forward to seeing you again soon.

Best regards

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2011

I live in California and when I travel to Houston for any reason whether it be business or pleasure - the Granduca is always my first choice. The location is superb with shops, restaurants and a hair salon within walking distance. The hotel is close enough to the galleria shopping complex but far enough so you do not feel like you are vacationing at a shopping mall. The hotel decor is warm, the experience feels exclusive and the service is the most personable I have found in the Houston area. The management, catering and sales teams are a pleasure to deal with and they will go above and beyond to make sure you are satisfied and happy at your business event or family function. The valet is available day or night to get you anything you need during your stay and the maid service is totally attentive. What more do you need? I could live at the Granduca!

Room Tip: If you can afford it, try to get one of the suites with a kitchen, makes all of the difference if yo...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
MaryGraceGray, General Manager at Hotel Granduca, responded to this review, January 3, 2012
Dear Guest:

We are so delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. Many guests love the spacious suites with full kitchens. Houston does have great shopping areas which are all close by. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Best regards
Minneapolis, MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2011

I love this hotel! The staff was so friendly and helpful. I don't usually stay in a 5 star hotel, because I'm often disappointed that I paid that price and found it not all that great. But, this time I was pleasantly wowed. I appreciated the nice touches, such as a lighted magnifying mirror in the bathroom, L'Occtane bath products, and the softest sheets. It was very quiet and clean. I loved having a suite. I often travel alone, so I really appreciated Gene and the other bartender when I had dinner one night in the bar. They kept me company and had me cracking up for a few hours as I ate my dinner and had a few glasses of wine. The bed was so comfortable, and I loved the shower. I had a hard time going home after staying here. On my next trip to Houston, I will definitely be returning to this warm and inviting hotel.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your recent stay with us. We are so delighted you enjoyed Granduca. We all look forward to seeing you again soon.

Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2011

Excellent location at Uptown Park. Very nice hotels and appointments. I felt the staff was apathetic. I didn't feel warmly greeted and no one really interacted with us during our stay...sort of walk in walk out. My expectation of 5 stars is the personal attention and service. Having to pay to used the in-room coffee maker was a bit surprising...luckily there was a Starbucks across the street.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
MaryGraceGray, General Manager at Hotel Granduca, responded to this review, December 30, 2011
Dear Guest:

Thank you for taking time to share your experience. We are very sorry you were not pleased with our services. I am not certain what the confusion could be with our in suite complimentary coffee and tea service; as we have always offered coffee and tea with our compliments. We do hope you will return to our great city.

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2011

A little introduction about me: I AM SUPER PICKY! So for me to say I love a hotel almost never happens. This place is great, you won't be disappointed! Great location! Awesome swimming pool!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your recent stay with us. We are delighted you enjoyed Granduca and our fantastic Veranda, pool and garden area. It is one of the many things our guests return to experience again and again; as one feels as though they are not in Houston when they enjoy this magical spot. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

All the Best
Mary Grace Gray

Been to Hotel Granduca? Share your experiences!