“OMG what a fantastic stay and staff” 5 of 5 stars

Gas & Go!
Ranked #19 of 455 Hotels in Houston
GreenLeadersSilver level
Atlanta
“OMG what a fantastic stay and staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

I have stayed in Kimpton, Indigo, 4 Season, and Raffle hotels.... This Homewood Suites treated like I was in a luxury hotel!!!

Simply OUTSTANDING service and very personalized to my needs.

It is still a Homewood Suites with a small kitchenette. But I am a member of the Hilton club ....I needed up on the 14th floor (top floor) with a simply HUGE room with a kitchen table, desk, sofa with ottoman, flat screen TV, chest of drawers, and a great bathroom...

and it was a HECK of a lot less than Raffles... and I still love my Raffle hotels too...but why pay more when you don't have to pay more! I got a great rate right on the Hilton website...

In case you are wondering ... no I don't work for them...just had a great experience.

BTW did I mention the great staff!! Friendly and called to make sure the room was ok about 15 minutes after I checked-in.

Good food too for breakfast......

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Kathryn Y, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites Houston near the Galleria, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thank you for your positive, informative review, atlcycle! I was very excited to read your comments and pleased to hear that you were treated so well by our outstanding staff! All of our rooms are suites and I am glad that we were able to accommodate your every need, including the good, complimentary breakfast served every morning! Creating a great experience for every guest is definitely a priority here. I will make sure to share this review with all of our staff and hope to see you again in your future travels!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Turkish first
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Myself and my family stayed here for a week while we organized permanent accommodations. The staff were very nice and we recommend the suites to anyone with a family for a short stay. Short walk to Galleria mall and a few places to eat nearby.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for your review, Patrick! I am so happy to hear that we were able to take care of you and your family while you were finding permanent accommodations! I hope you are enjoying Houston! Our location, I agree, is very convenient, as it is just a short walk to the Galleria and many options for food. Thank you for staying with us and thank you for your recommendation!
Raleigh, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

This hotel exceeded my expectation at every opportunity. The front desk was professional and personable. They met my needs and provided little perks (extra tea, hot chocolate) with a note trying to make my stay more personalized.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to share your review, Marilyn! I am thrilled that the hotel exceeded your expectations at every opportunity, and I will make sure to let our front desk staff know, that their professionalism and personal touches to your stay really made a difference. We want every guest to feel as if this is their home away from home. If your business travels bring you to Houston again, we look forward to welcoming you to the property!
Stillwater, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

The hotel itself was kept nice and up to date. Like most extended stay hotels, they provide a happy hour and dinner during week nights and everything was good. The breakfast was good. What made the biggest difference between this hotel and others, was the staff. They all went above and beyond the call of duty to make sure our was was better than could be imagined. If you are in the area, I wouldnt stay anywhere else.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Kathryn Y, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites Houston near the Galleria, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Thank you for positively reviewing our property, Derek C! I’m so happy to hear that you found the hotel nice and up to date! We are actually receiving a scheduled renovation within the upcoming months that we are very excited about! You will have to check it out on your next visit to Houston! It’s true that while many hotels may offer similar values, what makes the difference, is always the level of service and that can only be achieved through the great staff we have. I’m glad that you were able to enjoy our complimentary breakfast and dinner that we offer with drinks Monday-Thursday! Thank you for your business and we will be happy to see you again in your future travels!
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

The hotel was very clean, and the staff was friendly and helpful. We arrived about 2 hours early and they got us into our room with no delay. Room was very clean and plenty of room..... the breakfast had lots to offer and really enjoyed ourselves.....

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Kathryn Y, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites Houston near the Galleria, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review, dischamp! I'm happy to hear that the staff was friendly and helpful and that the hotel was very clean! We take pride in making sure that the property is clean and that rooms are ready in a prompt manner. Our complimentary breakfast from 6 A.M. to 10 A.M. Monday-Friday and 7 A.M. to 10 A.M. on the weekends is definitely an additional plus! We hope to see you again in your future travels to Houston!
Denver, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

They changed my reservation at the last minute for no apparent reason to an inferior room. The bathroom toilet was dirty and the whole suite seemed stale. I was panhandled entering the parking structure late at night. Where was the security? They must have be snoozing like the rest of the staff. I have stayed at several other Homewood Suites and my experience has been good, but this one sucks. I won't be back.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Kathryn Y, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites Houston near the Galleria, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
We do thank you for your response regarding your recent stay at our property, Steve S. I am very sorry to hear about the miscommunication and misunderstandings during your stay with us. Cleanliness is very important to us and we understand your dissappointment, as we expect the same level of cleanliness as yourself in our hotel. I do want to mention that our hotel is very excited to be receiving a renovation in the upcoming months! Regarding security of the hotel, our property does have security on duty at night, and if anything like the situation you encountered occurrs, we encourage you to inform the front desk staff, and we will take care of it immediately. Safety is always a priority here at the hotel. I hope that next time you are in the area, you consider staying with us again.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

The 2 bed apartment we had was small but functional. It is a bit dated and could do with a facelift but it was clean and the staff were very friendly. The location is ideal and parking is available. There was a good choice available for breakfast and the evening buffet was basic but very welcome. The free wifi is a definite plus.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for reviewing our property, SBMJ222! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the two bedroom suite and found it functional for your needs. I am also happy that you were pleased with the cleanliness of the hotel, as well as the friendly staff, as these are both part of our mission here at the property. We are pleased to say that our hotel is soon to be in the renovation process, so all rooms will be updated. It's great that you were able to take advantage of the hotel's complimentary breakfast, which is offered daily, and also the dinner included Mondays thru Thursdays, 5:30 P.M. to 7:30 P.M in the Lodge! I agree that free Wi-Fi is a definite plus! We look forward to seeing you again next time you visit the Houston area!

Been to Homewood Suites Houston near the Galleria? Share your experiences!