“Service with a Smile!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Calgary, Canada
“Service with a Smile!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I try to preface my reviews with a bit of my background so that any readers will have some perspective on how I base my reviews. I am unabashedly well-travelled and enjoy luxe appointments. I will stay in a less than a 5-star property when I travel with my kids' school trips. So, because I am finicky, I have become the 'Go-To" parent for arranging school trip accommodations. Just to note, I will give a 5-star property a less than stellar grade on TripAdvisor if they do not deliver the expected product.....just as I would give a 3-star property an excellent review on TA if they deliver or exceed my expectations. I am happy to say, that the Homewood Suites is an outstanding property based on amazing service (both in the planning department that I was in charge of for my daughter's cheer team and the interactions that myself, coaches, teachers and team had with all of the staff once we arrived!)

Arrival:

Our first impression upon entering the lobby was that the hotel was new and clean. Initially, there was a snafu with the suite arrangement for the team, but this was corrected in a professional manner. (We understood that there had been some unexpected guests that decided to stay longer as the All-Star weekend had just ended as we were arriving.) Everything was resolved to our satisfaction, everyone made it to their suite and settled in.

Suites:

I had a studio suite (Just for moi!). It had a small (exceedingly clean!) kitchenette, a dinette table and chairs, sitting area and king bed. I should note that the washroom did not have a tub, but rater a larger walk-in shower. I have to note (again) how meticulously clean that the whole studio suite was......and I am fussy. The king bed was comfy with great linens (not Frette) but certainly would I would estimate as a high grade, high thread count cotton. Maid service was unobtrusive and thorough. Hallways were kept clean and well maintained. I also want to mention that this hotel had some of the faster elevators that I have ever encountered in a property of this size. Fantastic...no long waits!

Food Offerings:
I wish I could comment more....but except for one breakfast ( which was good) I did not participate in their breakfast and evening options. Some of the team did mention that they thought the breakfasts were great but that the evening light fare was a bit hit or miss. I should mention at this time that a restaurant (Tango & Malbec)that was literally out the front door of the hotel was great find! So great that myself ( a bit of a foodie :) ) and some of the other parents ended up dining there on 2 occasions....first time for convenience and the second time because IT WAS THAT GOOD!

Location:
Ok...so here is another great part of helping organize the hotel....we were less than a block's walk to the Houston Galleria. Loved the location...shop and drop (back to hotel) and then start all over again. I loved this shopping venue....so much that I have put it on the radar to replace my girlfriends' shopping trip to Chicago.

Checkout:
Easy! As the team was leaving to board the bus, one of the front desk personnel came out with complimentary vitamin waters to take with them because it was hot and muggy outside. I must add that we were a large group....probably close to 50 people in all. I thought this was a very kind gesture and was very much appreciated by everyone!

In conclusion, the Homewood Suites exceeded my expectations in all areas. I would recommend to anyone to experience the excellent service and accommodations that this galleria area gem can provide. Happy and safe travels!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
diana l, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites Houston near the Galleria, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Thank you for you kind words, WEARECANADIAN! We truly value and appreciate your positive and through feedback. I'm delighted to hear you enjoyed your Studio Suite accommodations as well as our convenient location to world class shopping and dining options. Tango and Malbec is definitely a favorite of many of our travelers. I hope you will be able to return for a fabulous weekend of shopping with your girlfriends soon! We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Houston!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Staff is excellent - courteous, friendly & accomodating. The hotel and its facilities are very well kept up. Morning & evening meals were very good and location just minutes from the Galleria shopping a bonus.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for taking some time to share about your recent experience at our property. I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay as much as our team enjoyed hosting you. We appreciate your positive feedback and hope to see you again soon!
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

I stayed here on a business trip on February and on 1st day my room wasn't cleaned when I came back at around 5pm. The receptionist apologized and said that two of their cleaning staff have to go to a hospital for an emergency.
It was cleaned when I came back at 8pm and I was pleasantly surprised that the management offered me a giftcard for the inconvenience. They also gave snack bar and water for you to fill up a survey which I consider a nice gesture.

Pros - Free light dinner with free flow wine until 9pm (or until it runs out). Breakfast is so-so.
Room - spacious and I couldn't ask for more pillows as there are about 5 of it. I was booked a 1-bedroom suite. There's kitchenette with dishwasher, fridge, stove and cutleries. But I never get to use it anyway.

This is pretty close to the Galleria hotel if you want to get lost there while shopping.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
diana l, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites Houston near the Galleria, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Thank you for your positive feedback and taking a moment to share about your experience. I do apologize for the inconvenience of your room being cleaned so late in the day on your first day, but we do appreciate your understanding of the emergency situation that occurred. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed our complimentary dinner and drinks as well as your spacious suite. We hope to see you again soon on your next trip to Houston!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

Back a second time and loved it. The indian lady at the front desk was very polite and easy to deal with - and thank you for awarding us the guest of the day - we loved it!! Ill be back again in 6 months.. Thanks guys!

• Stayed March 2013
diana l, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites Houston near the Galleria, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Thank you for taking a moment to share about your recent stay at our property! I'm delighted to hear you enjoyed your experience as our "Guest of the Day" and will be passing your comments along to our Front Desk team. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you in 6 months!
San Antonio, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I stayed at this hotel on March 14, 2013. I got to Houston early and tried to check in at 2:30pm but was told my room would not be ready until 3:30pm (check in time is at 3pm), very surprising since I am a Hilton Honors Member (this has never happened before). Finally checked in and got to my room and it wasn't quite what I expected for the price. I had the 2 queen bed suite and one of the mattresses was flat (no fluff, no pillow top). I called the front desk and someone came up to check out the beds and they quickly replace the mattress with another and then the duvet cover was nasty so I had to call again to have that changed also which again management responded quickly. The furniture was a bit outdated in the room not what I expected especially in this area. For my inconvience the hotel managment did take off the $15 parking charge which was a very nice gesture. My overall stay was just okay, I should have statyed at Embassy Suites.

Pros: The hotel is in a very good location less than a block away from the Galleria Mall. The staff was very nice.
Cons: The free dinner served was mediocre; furniture a little outdated and the parking ($15).

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
diana l, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites Houston near the Galleria, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Thank you for taking a moment to share about your recent experience at our property! I would like to apologize for the inconvenience of waiting to check in as well as the condition of the room once you had arrived. Our property is actually scheduled for an update of our furniture and in this upcoming year. We appreciate your loyalty to Hilton Honors and your feedback as well. We strive to exceed your expectations and hope we are able to do so during your next stay with us.
New Braunfels TX
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

This hotel has expensive parking, Parking spaces are too close together, It is difficult to find a parking spot, the area is not well marked, there are no clear directions on how to get to the lobby (I had to ask another guest) Nor are there good directions on how to get to the parking lot from the lobby. There is no shuttle (for areas withing 3 miles) The clock had not been reset for daylight savings time. The only positive thing about this hotel is that there is an excellent Argentina restaurant across the street and the housekeeping staff were wonderful. There is an Embassy Suites about 2 blocks away. Much better parking, and they have a shuttle service.

Room Tip: ask for a room close to the elevator. My room was in a location that necessitatedreally long walk Ro...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
diana l, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites Houston near the Galleria, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share about your experience at our property this past weekend. I would like to apologize for the confusion with our parking garage as well as the tight parking spaces. With multiple events in Houston this weekend, our high occupancy could have created a full garage situation and I do apologize for the inconvenience and frustrations it caused for you and your family. I am happy to hear you enjoyed the cleanliness of our room and excellent restaurants in the area. We do appreciate your feedback and hope to have the opportunity to host you again when visiting the Galleria area.
Tulsa, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Excellent helpful staff! Convenient parking. Bathrooms large and clean. Bedding comfortable. Complimentary breakfast and dinner (with wine and beer on tap!) was good enough, and free makes it even better. We had a two bedroom suite for our family of five, and we were very comfortable. About a two minute walk to the Galleria. We would absolutely stay again!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
hallsm271, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites Houston near the Galleria, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Thank you for taking a moment to share about your recent experience at our property. I'm happy to hear you and your family enjoyed our complimentary dinner and breakfast as well as our convenience to the Galleria Mall! Our team cannot wait to welcome you back on your next trip to Houston!

Been to Homewood Suites Houston near the Galleria? Share your experiences!