“Believe Every 5+ Review” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 468 Hotels in Houston
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersSilver level
Tucker, Georgia
“Believe Every 5+ Review”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

One my first trip to Houston, I stayed at the Residence Inn down the street and was severely disappointed. Then because of a travel glitch, I ended up staying in a Hilton property right next to the freeway and a famous strip club. Needless to say, since my next business trip would be an extended stay, I did my research and picked the only place with consistent great reviews on Trip Advisor. All I can say is that this is a business/family friendly hotel with top-notch staff, amenities, location, and rooms. My co-workers and I pay a premium for staying at this hotel, but given the benefits, it's worth every penny.

Room Tip: High floor facing away from construction.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
hallsm271, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites Houston near the Galleria, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Houston.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Turkish first
Victoria, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

I started to book at Residence Inn down the street, but the Trip Advisor reviews were less than fabulous, so I booked a room based 100 percent on trip advisor ratings for a suite-type room (needed a seperate bedroom, traveling with a teenager) that was reasonably priced. We checked in Friday and were advised that we were "Guest of the Day", meaning free parking, and the option of breakfast in-room. The staff greeted us each time we walked past the check in desk. Parking was convenient and accessible from elevator in the hotel lobby. Room was very comfortable with a great bed, wonderful pillows, sheets, and towels. Room size wasn't terribly spacious, but fine for a quick trip or if you're traveling alone. I would opt for a bigger room next time if my son is with me. For many years I had been a fan of Marriott Residence Inn. After not traveling for a few years, now traveling again, and my Marriott experiences have been below par. I'm switching my loyalty to to Hilton brand hotels; the visit to this location sealed the decision!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
hallsm271, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites Houston near the Galleria, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share these kind words about our property. We consistantly strive to exceed the standards of our guest. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Houston.
Abita Springs, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

Our family had an excellent Labor Day weekend at the hotel. We had nine of us all together and we had one two room suite and one queen suite and we were very comfortable. The hotel was very clean.

The staff was excellent and very friendly and I especially enjoyed Shola Mokuolu, who answered my million questions about the hotel and the Galleria.

The breakfast was delicious. There was something for everyone - even Texas shaped waffles!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience at our property. I am happy to hear that you truly enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to "welcoming you home" on your next trip to Houston.
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

My wife, 2 year old daughter and myself stayed at this hotel over Labor Day Weekend and we could not have asked for a better place to stay! We got the suite and it was nice and spacious and clean and more than what we expected. It was nice to have a family room area with a pull out sleeper sofa and an actual bedroom. The full size fridge and kitchen come in very handy (although we didn't make any meals) if you don't feel like spending money on food, although the free breakfast every morning and dinner Monday-Thursday help you cut down on quite a bit of that! The staff was very friendly and accomodating, so much so that our first night when our two year old woke up at 3 in the morning asking for some milk, the young lady at the front desk went to the kitchen and brought out 2 milk cartons and a box of cereal for us! We will definitely be staying here next time we are staying in the Galleria are of Houston!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our property. We truly appreciate your kind words and look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Houston.
Fairfield, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

The room was comfortable. The staff was EXTREMELY friendly. The location was great if you want the Galleria location. We were comfortable there with our family of 5. The only downer was the breakfast which was close to inedible. I'm glad I took a bite of the eggs before I fussed at my daughter for being too picky. Outside of that though the stay was quite fine.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
hallsm271, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites Houston near the Galleria, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our property. I apologize for the quality of breakfast that you experienced and want to ensure you we appreciate your thoughts and will take them into account to improve each guest experience at our property. We hope to have another chance to make a positive impression on you and your family.
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

The people at the front desk was great. The breakfast was GREAT! everything you could think of that you need for breakfast they had it. The room was nice and clean. The pool was nice and clean as well as the hot tub. The area is great if you need to be by the Galleria. I will be sure to stay here everytime I need to be in the area.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
hallsm271, Director of Sales at Homewood Suites Houston near the Galleria, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our property. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Houston.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

The staff here is very friendly. They knew my name and welcomed us coming and going. The breakfasts and dinners were great. They just don't offer you a happy hour - it's a full dinner: codfish, pasta, chicken, etc. Plus, it's supposed to be over at 7:30pm, but they don't put everything away at 7:29pm. Guests who wandered in at 7:50 found something to eat. Very generous.
The rooms were clean and new. The kitchen was a bit small and not enough bowls and utensils for a longer stay that we had (3 weeks). The workout room was good and the pool is clean.
The Manager called me though, 5 days into our visit and asked me to switch rooms for a couple of days so they could do their quarterly maintenance on my room. That's nice that they service the rooms to keep them looking nice, but we came from an International location with 4 suitcases and and since we were staying for 3 weeks, we spread ourselves out in the room and had made it our "home." To pack up and move for a few days, my daughter and I would've been extremely inconvenienced. I explained this to the manager and after negotiating what they could do, they finally settled on doing a minor service on our room for 3 hours during a Monday morning when we were out anyway. I'm glad that was resolved, but someone should've not put us in that room for 3 weeks if it needed servicing so soon after our arrival.
I would still recommend this hotel. Just make sure you don't get settled in a room that's due for servicing.

Room Tip: Make sure your room is not due to be serviced/cleaned/fumigated while you're there.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our property. I apologize for the inconvenience that you experienced and can assure you that we have implemented processes to avoid the situation in the future. I thank you again for all of your kind words. It was our pleasure to accommodate you on your visit to Houston and hope to welcome you back soon.

Been to Homewood Suites Houston near the Galleria? Share your experiences!