“Enjoyed Sunday Brunch” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Red Cat Jazz Cafe

Red Cat Jazz Cafe
715 Franklin St, Houston, TX 77002 (Downtown)
1-713-226-7870
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #223 of 450 things to do in Houston
Houston
10 attraction reviews
“Enjoyed Sunday Brunch”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Thanks to a Groupon offered, we discovered and enjoyed Red Cat Jazz Café Sunday Brunch. I purchased Groupon before reading reviews and was uncertain what to expect. It was great! We were seated in a very nice location. The female (solo) entertainer was talented and interacted well with the audience; I appreciated her selection of music. The café and restrooms were clean. Gratuity was added (to the value, not price paid) which I didn't expect on a table of 2, because it wasn't communicated but since I was going to tip $10, I guess I saved a couple dollars. We didn't have the best service like we observed others receive and the food wasn't amazing nor poor. When we went thru buffet line it consisted of grits, roasted garlic potatoes, sausage, tex-mex scrambled eggs, fettucine in sauce, grilled fish, fresh fruit and pastries. A diverse crowd attended. I would enjoy returning and another groupon would get me back faster.

Visited July 2013

Houston, Texas
“Smelled horrible, and seats about 25 people”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

The music was great but the smell overshadowed everything. Hopefully they will get settled and improve maybe we will go back one day.

Visited April 2012
Houston, Texas
“Best live venue.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

The Red Cat is a really cool place. It is a place where you get to hear real live jazz.
The atmosphere is really nice as well as the staff. When I get rich I will be booking the VIP Room. Free buffet!

Visited March 2012