“Cute Boutique!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #75 of 457 Hotels in Houston
Austin, Texas
“Cute Boutique!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

We stayed here 1 night for an evening on the town. Booking was done through Priceline so the cost was very good ($69 v the $109 listed price), however after going I'd easily pay the listed price to stay again! The hotel is kind of tucked back off of the street, with basic street level parking. The lighting seemed decent, although we were careful to take any belongings out of the car overnight. The feel inside was that of a beach boutique hotel, various blues and greens which was very relaxing. The room we were in was a single king. Bed was amazingly comfortable, room was on the smaller side, however did not feel overly cramped. We had a long granite bar in the "entry hall" which is where I did my hair and makeup. Shower was good, and very spa like. The wallpaper behind the bed was over sized blueberries, very odd but interesting. The TV was older but worked, and had adequate room to hang out going out clothes. The room felt light and relaxing.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Imakasly, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Houston at the Galleria, responded to this review, July 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel after you had enjoyed your stay. I am honored that you enjoy the theme and the relaxation of the hotel. I will share your positive feedback with our staff members. Thank you again and please feel free to visit our 'cute boutique' hotel again, once you return to Houston. SBowden

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Cedar Hill, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

My Husband and I wanted to go some where not to far, but not to close to home for our anniversary....so we decided to go to Houston..and stay at Hotel Indigo from June 22-25..... it was a very nice hotel.... check in was a breeze... the guy at the front desk asked us what was the ocassion for our visit, we stated it was for our anniversary.. so they gave us free champagne and breakfast for the next morning..(even though we dont drink it was a nice gesture) which was very nice.. Our room was lovely, big bed, nice hard wood floors,very colorful, very clean, there's nothing bad I can say about this hotel. it was very close to the mall in walking distants about 5 min. from the hotel... it's across the street from a couple of litttle eating place... and surround by a lot more hotels.. the area is very nice and quite... my husband and I had a very lovely time and we would for sure stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Imakasly, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Houston at the Galleria, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Awesome review! Thank you so much for sharing! I am glad to see that we acknowledged your reason for staying with us, and the desk team took care of you!. Congrats on your anniversary and we hope to see you again in the new future. SBowden GM
Alloa, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Stayed here just one night as we had an early morning flight from Houston and didn't want to stay near the airport. Have to say that the room was great. Had everything we needed, the bed was great - lovely and big with lots of pillows and cushions. I liked the decor as well - felt really "beachy" to me. Have stayed at quite a lot of hotels on this trip and it was up there with one of my faves (probably just for the bed alone lol). Bathroom and shower were great too.

The only thing that I would say as a negative was the welcome we received, the gentleman on reception seemed very stand offish, not really pleased to see us and it just felt like we were inconveniencing him by being there. Never had that in a hotel in America, everyone normally greets us with a smile and a nice welcome so we were a bit disappointed with that, maybe he was just having a bad day?

Anyway, I would stay here again if in the area - it's a short (and safe) walk to the Galleria, we walked back after something to eat about 10.30pm and it was fine. Very quiet area also. There is parking on site.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for such positive feedback! I really appreciate this and I am glad you had enjoyed not only your lovely room, but your entire stay. My apologies on the lack of welcoming we failed to provide upon check-in. Thanks for bringing this to our attention, as I will work on that! Thanks again and we would love to see you again! SBowden GM
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

The hotel decor is very nice and cozy. The bed was comfortable and full of pillows! Very good location as you can easily walk to the Galleria and other nice shopping. We had one slight problem with the bill but the hotel manager, Sylvester Bowden, went out of his way to assist and was very nice. I would highly recommend a stay in this hotel and will stay there myself in the future.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Imakasly, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Houston at the Galleria, responded to this review, June 29, 2013
Thank you for such positive feedback within your review. Again, our apologies for the billing issue you had encountered. I really appreciate your feedback as I will share this with our staff members. S.Bowden
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

To be fair we just arrived. However the greeting was far less than friendly. This was a last minute cross country trip for a medical second opinion with all of the $$$ that a last minute trip entails. I wanted to pay the $200/night - to stay by a mall, not downtown btw -with my credit card to which a large payment is pending and will clear tomorrow - the day before we leave - but was told by the front desk clerk who prob. makes $15 less an hour than me that he needed to swipe my card - the # of which they took when i made the reservation -now to make sure it was good. Granted we came from the beach and look less than perfect but I don't appreciate the inference that I would leave without paying or being asked to pay in advance and having to rearrange finances to do so because he doesn't like the looks of me. We are not off to a great start. The room is gorgeous. However there is no pool...in 80 degree Houston heat which is why we arrived sandy.

• Stayed June 2013
Imakasly, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Houston at the Galleria, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Thank you for your comments within your review. My apologies on such lack of attention our front desk team offered. I will work on that. As far as your advance payment, we are entitle to authorize forms of payment upon check-in in order to complete your registration. Thank you again for your comments. SBowden GM
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

What a brilliant place to start our Texan adventure. Our hotel was everything it promised to be the photos of the rooms didn't disappoint and were spacious, well maintained and very colourful! The service we had was excellent, the staff were lovely and the breakfasts delicious. The hotel itself is in a great location literally down the road from the Galleria shopping centre which comes complete with an ice rink and an amazing selection of shops. We also took advantage of an excellent and very informative tour c/o Richard of Texana Tours. Well worth taking the time to enjoy seeing Houston old and new, hes an absolute fountain of knowledge. I travelled with my son and know we'd both love to make a return visit and have every intention of doing so.

Room Tip: The actual hotel sign is a little obscure if you don't know the area and we arrived quite late a...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for such an awesome review! I really appreciate you taking the time to share your hotel experience! I will share this with our staff members! SBowden Manager
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

We stayed at the Hotel Indigo last weekend when we attended the Houston Ballet's performance of "Peter Pan".

Getting into the hotel's parking lot (free) is a bit of a chore...Hidalgo Street is a one-way street and you need to be in the right lane to access the hotel. The hotel's sign on Hidalgo is difficult to see and is partially obscured by the shrubs there. Location-wise, the hotel is in a good spot with lots of shopping (the Galleria) and food venues within a block or two.

We were delighted with both our reception and our accommodation. We were greeted at the front desk and addressed by our names after we presented our check-in documents. This remained true for the balance of our visit (only 1 night). We had been upgraded to a suite on the 4th floor and were pleased with the surprise. The rooms were sparkling clean and the furniture was in good condition. We had a sink, mini-fridge, a microwave, and a coffee maker in the small "kitchen" area of the suite...there was a dining table for two as well as the usual assortment of sofas and chairs in the living area...and a large, flat screen TV.

The bedroom had an enormous king bed, benches and chairs, and a good space for work. The color scheme...like the rest of the hotel...favors blues, greens, and whites...refreshing and not bland. The wall paper on the wall behind the bed was done in many shades of blue with green accents and look like a large number of ameba swirling in a light blue sea. We wouldn't have chosen it but it works with the rest of the hotel.

Like the rest of the hotel, the bathroom was "squeaky" clean. Well appointed with a huge walk-in shower (but not a rain forest type of shower). It was well lit and there were plenty of linens. My wife prefers a tub to the shower and the hotel's bathrooms do not offer that amenity.

The hotel has a small restaurant and bar and there was not much activity. We had a glass of wine and a light supper before we headed downtown to the Wortham Center for the ballet. Service in the restaurant is friendly and pleasant but the menu is limited and meal preparation seems to take a while. We were OK with the wait and enjoyed talking with our waiter.

At breakfast the next morning, we had efficient service but not quite as friendly...could have been a language problem. We enjoyed our breakfast (although we do not like coffee served in a paper cup)...the price was very reasonable ($12 for an American breakfast...coffee was an extra $2.75).

Check out was simple and we were thanked for our business as well as for being members of the hotel's loyalty program (IHG Ambassador). We visit Houston 8 to 10 times a year for the opera and the ballet...we will return to this property.

Room Tip: Our rooms overlooked the hotel's parking lot and the pool of the apartment complex next door. T...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Imakasly, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Houston at the Galleria, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
Thank you for such a nice and well written comments! I value your feedback and will (for sure) share your comments with our team. My apologies on the Food and Beverage part of your stay. I really appreciate such positive feedback of our hotel. Thank you again for choosing us while you were in town for the Fine Arts Event. S.Bowden

Been to Hotel Indigo Houston at the Galleria? Share your experiences!