“Great staff & location plus free parking” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #53 of 451 hotels in Houston
“Great staff & location plus free parking”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

Fast check-in, the staff was courteous and professional. FREE PARKING is cool because its not the norm at the Houston galleria. Awesome dining and shopping nearby. The rooms were clean. The bar has a nice feel, very laid back.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Imakasly, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Houston at the Galleria, responded to this review, May 25, 2013
Thank you for such wonderful comments. I am glad you noticed our complimentary parking. This is one amenity that sets us apart from some of the other surrounding hotels. I will share your feedback with our F&B Manager pertaining the lounge! Thank you again! S.Bowden GM

349 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Austin, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

This is a nice hotel near the Galleria. I loved the layout, colors and the decorations. They are all very bright and cheery and keep you happy. The room had hard-wood floors that I also thought was a plus.

My bed wasn't the best that I've had as it was a too firm for me.

I did really like the walk-in shower, but it didn't have a door and the water was just luke warm. This made for a very quick shower.

I would definitely stay here again and hopefully next time I'll get a shower before 8am and get some of the hot water.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments. My apology with the water issue. I will look into this. We value your feedback and will share your review with our team. Thank you again! S.Bowden GM
Houston, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

I booked 3 rooms for my sister's bachelorette party last weekend. I couldn't be happier with my choice of hotel! The hotel is beautiful, bright colors, wonderfully decorated. The rooms are spacious and comfortable (we had a suite and 2 regular rooms). While booking the rooms, the front desk agent, Eric Morton, was extremely helpful. He helped make sure we were in rooms right by each other and that we had enough space for everyone. He was efficient and friendly. The maintenance man, Celio, went beyond his duties to help us with luggage, bringing us scissors and tape that we'd forgotten for a game, and even bringing by some club soda in the morning to help my sister's upset stomach. Despite the kitchen being closed the next day, Sylvester, the desk manager, had the chef make some soup for my sister to avoid us having to drive around Houston looking for soup. I highly recommend Hotel Indigo!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for such an awesome review! I will share your comments with our staff members. I am happy that you mentioned certain staff members as we will ensure they are recognized by your comments. Thank you again! S.Bowden GM
Cedar Rapids, Iowa, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

I stayed at hotel INDIGO for 5 days to attend OTC at Reliant. The staff was very friendly. Check in was easy. They welcomed me back every evening when I walked in from the show. In the morning they greeted me as soon as I walked off the elevator. The hotel is set back off the road, so you get a feeling of seclusion even though you are right next to all the action.

The hotel is modern with a beach theme. The lobby has nice seating areas. The bar was nice and the staff there was friendly. I stayed in a suite on the 5th floor. I had a separate kitchen-ish area, living room, bedroom, and large bathroom. I say kitchen-ish area, because it had a large area of kitchen cupboards and counters, but no sink or appliances. The room appeared not finished. There was a dorm fridge on one of the counters, which made it nice for me. The whole room was clean and well taken care of. The hardwood floors were a plus for me.

The bed was very comfortable and I liked the linens. I was not a fan of the pillows. They had numerous pillows on the bed, which is a plus, but they were all foam-filled pillows and not comfortable. It would be nice to have a couple of feather pillows in the room. The room had 2 robes, but they were not soft. The thought was nice.

The shower head was very low. Luckily it had a removable wand show head, but it is hard to hold the shower head and wash your hair one handed. Most of the time I bent my knees to get under the shower head. Not a comfortable way to shower. I’m right at 5’ 11”, so I imagine there are plenty of people taller than I am. If you are shorter, it would be fine.

I would recommend this hotel to my co-workers for future stays.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Imakasly, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Houston at the Galleria, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Greetings! Thank you very much for such great feedback within your review. My apologize on certain guestroom amenities. On the other hand, I will share all of your review with our entire staff. They will be happy to read such detailed information. Thank you again! S.Bowden
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

Had to travel to Houston for a business trip and decided to stay at indigo. I was greeted by Carl in a cheerful manner and his smile was so welcoming. He was very professional and protective (arrived late at the hotel and I was traveling alone and he never said my room number during the check-in process but rather pointed to it on the key card) and I genuinely appreciated his concern since there were many others around while I was checking in. He was great!

This hotel is right by the Houston galleria and in a great location! Very safe and private. There are lots of great places to eat and shop within walking distance.

The room was so refreshing. I loved the decor and freshness after a long day of training. Everything was clean and the A/C worked great. The room was a decent size and the bed was very comfortable.

I will definitely book this hotel the next time I am on a business trip to Houston!

• Stayed May 2013
Thank you for such an awesome review! For sure, I will share this with our team. Also, I will ensure that Carl gets his recognition for such great secure and good service upon your check-in. SBowden
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

This was a beautiful, comfortable place to stay on my business trip. The service was excellent, the rooms spotless, and the amenities satisfactory. The room I stayed in was spacious, with wood floors, a king sized bed, and decor that I'd love to copy in my own home! The gym was adequate, and the bar/restaurant had a decent selection of food and drinks (although service was slow as the bartender was too busy chatting with two customers at the bar to pay much attention to the people sitting at tables). The location can't be beat, and I would recommend this hotel for either a business trip or vacation.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Imakasly, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Houston at the Galleria, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Thank you for such positive feedback within your review here at Trip Advisor. My apologies for the lack of time-line with the Bartenders. For sure I will address this. I am happy you enjoyed everything else. I will share your comments with our staff members. Thank you again!
S.Bowden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

Wonderful boutique hotel. Carl at the front desk was great- excellent service, friendly and professional. Cool vibe!
Close to shopping restaurants and night life. Loved the intimate feeling and bright beachy decor. We held a small event in their meeting space and the service was very good- as were the crabcakes!

• Stayed May 2013
Imakasly, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Houston at the Galleria, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Thank you for such an awesome review! I will make sure Mr. Carl reads your review, as well as, informing our F&B Manager of your likings to his crab cakes. Thanks Again! S.Bowden
Prices are for rooms, adults

Been to Hotel Indigo Houston at the Galleria? Share your experiences!