“Your ave HGI, with a few quirks.” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Bed N' Breakfast Deal
Ranked #46 of 456 Hotels in Houston
New York City, New York
“Your ave HGI, with a few quirks.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

Good choice if your intention is to be close the the Galleria. Parking is a little awkward as they only have a DARK, tight-turn parking garage. Here are the pros: Nice, helpful staff. Good size rooms. Cons: Breakfast is more like a Hampton Inn level, but you pay for. Ingredients not up to par. Shower head more like 15 squirt guns than a relaxing shower head. Not sure why hotels these days can't improve in this category if they want to attract the business traveler. TV- here is another that one that I can't understand. Why do they install TV's that blast the volume when you first turn it on!!!!!! Can anyone in the hotel industry explain why? Last but not least, no HD. I have been to lesser properties that offered HD. Not too difficult to understand that most people have it and would like to enjoy it while travelling.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
HGIHoustonGalleria, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Houston Galleria, responded to this review, February 7, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel!

We’re happy that you enjoyed our spacious rooms and had a pleasant experience with our staff – we are continuously making efforts to ensure that we anticipate our guests needs and provide it to the best of our ability – with courtesy.

I’ve shared your feedback with our staff and we’re in the process of addressing your concerns with the TV volume, HD signal, and the shower head. It would be helpful to know which room where actually staying in so I can have that particular room inspected for the problems you mentioned. If you read this and could get in touch with Diane in the sales department it would be greatly appreciated (the number is 713-629-0101).

As far as breakfast, I was very surprised to hear your comments. We always have such great feedback regarding our breakfast. Hampton Inn is set up a bit differently and offers a continental breakfast, where our brand does not. We offer a full cooked-to-order breakfast and only charge $9.95 for it. Did you know that in addition to the hot buffet we also cook-to-order whatever you’d like as well? We also bake our muffins and croissants fresh every morning! We also offer daily breakfast specials as well.

Once again, thank you for your comments. I hope you have a great day!

Diane G.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
San Francisco, CA, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for a long weekend when I had to travel to Houston for business. The closest landmark is the Galleria but being un-shoppy people we never once visited the stores. Instead, we found this hotel's location to be well located for everything else we wanted to do in and around Houston - it's easy to get on 59 to go downtown or to the museum district, it's a short drive to Memorial Park (although we actually ran it on one morning), and you can get to a bunch of restaurants and bars in about 5 minutes.

We had a king room that was comfy - we particularly liked the range of pillows as we have very different tastes in softness/firmness. The bathroom was fine with some nice toiletries on hand. We didn't eat in the restaurant but the $9.95 breakfast buffet looked like the same kind of stuff you'd expect in any Hilton Garden Inn - better than average choice of pastries and breads and some nice cooked to order and ready cooked hot items.

Some other reviews noted the strip club next door. We found it to be discrete and quiet - definitely no seedy types around and no noise at night. Apparently, it is famous for its breakfast buffet at 2am so if you find yourself hungry after a night out...

As a light sleeper I did find both the fridge and the air-con to be loud, but both were easy to switch off so were no bother.

For the $82 a night we paid, I couldn't have asked for more for a nice weekend in Houston.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
HGIHoustonGalleria, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Houston Galleria, responded to this review, January 30, 2012
Dear PenfoldSF,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments! We appreciate you taking the time to write a review about our hotel.

We are so happy that you took advantage of our convenient location and were able to get to the Museum District and Memorial Park with ease. I personally love that our hotel is in between Hidalgo and Richmond - I can take Richmond versus Westheimer which really saves time as Westheimer can be a bit congested at times.

I'm happy to hear that you found our breakfast to be better than average - I wish you would have had a chance to taste it! We bake our muffins and croissants fresh every morning and our breakfast specials are MMMMazing!

We hope the next time you're in Houston you'll stay with us again!

Cincinnati, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

This hotel is your average Hilton Garden Inn. If you have been in one built in the last 5-10 years then you've seen this one. The room was clean and comfortable, but not worth the jacked up price of $250 I paid during the Final Four in April 2011. The pool is about the size of your living room, so when the hotel is packed (as it was when I was there, the pool is a man stew). Also, if you have kids, keep in mind that with Houston's complete lack of zoning laws, there is a strip club RIGHT NEXT DOOR. This hotel is in the Galleria area, which is supposedly Houston's nicest shopping enclave. In addition, this city is so spread out that to get to Reliant Stadium from the Galleria takes about an hour and there are no cabs available for a return trip. There are also no restaurants within walking distance other than a cuban nightclub. In all, this hotel is average, but the strip club next door and the the city itself make a return trip unlikely.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
Dear Final Four Guest,

Thank you for taking time to share your comments and write a review! It is true that our hotel is laid out similarly to other HGI’s, one of our brand's goals is consistency and since HGI is a relatively new brand you’ll see that most of our hotels are laid out exactly the same. Our business travelers especially like this as they travel often and like to feel like they're staying at their home away from home – our guests don’t have to hunt down the front desk, or the restaurant, they know exactly where to go.

We’re happy that you found your room clean and comfortable and enjoyed being close to restaurants and shopping – our hotel is definitely in convenient location only ½ block from the Galleria!

As far as our rates, during city-wides such as Final Four you’ll find our rates to be higher than usual. Our hotel (even at a rate of $250) still provides the most value for your money as we don’t charge $20 for breakfast or parking, or $10 for internet each time you wish to get online as our competitors do.

I was very surprised to hear that you had such a hard time getting to Reliant for the game. I also went to the game and found that traffic was very light. It is true that our city (much like larger cities in the South) is spread out.. However, it usually does NOT take over an hour to get to Reliant, under normal circumstances it should only take about 10-15 minutes. Please keep in mind that during a city-wide and even with a 6 lane highway visitors can expect delays getting to the stadium.

We hope you’ll consider visiting Houston again! Thank you again for your review.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2011

Rooms are clean and the bed were great. But most importantly, it was the excellent service by the staff of Hilton Garden Inn that made my stay a great one. Moreover, considering that taxi in Houston cost a bomb, the free shuttle within 5km of the hotel was a pleasant surprise.

There's free Wi-Fi, a business centre to print your stuff, and a gym too! Location wise, the hotel is located just a street away from the Galleria and the many shopping malls located around the Galleria.

All in all, this hotel is much better than my previous stay at Marriott Woodlands Waterway.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
HGIHoustonGalleria, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Houston Galleria, responded to this review, December 13, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to write a review! I've shared your comments with our staff and we are all delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us! We are very happy that your were able to take advantage of our complimentary shuttle service that goes within a 5-mile radius! We are happy that you were able to use the business center and fitness center. Did you know that you can send your print jobs directly down to the business center from your guest room? It's secure, fast, and simple. You simply email your print job to a secure address which sends you back a special code which you use to retrieve your print job - at your convenience in our 24-hour business center.

We look forward to seeing you the next time your in the Houston Galleria area!

Diane Giagnacovo
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

I traveled to Houston on business and had to pick the closest hotel nearest my meetings. After a long day of flights, I was pleasantly surprised to find a hand written note with a mini Disaronno and Ferrero Rocher on my table. The Disaronno did not survive the night... Helps with the jet lag.

The property is located near the Galleria. It has the typical Garden Inn look with the breakfast/bar and lobby area. But as a somewhat jaded traveler, I was super impressed with the personal touch. I'm pretty sure that I'm not an elite Hilton member, as I typically find the most convenient (and price-conscious) locations so I definitely can't say that I ALWAYS stay at the Hilton.

Regardless, although I won't be able to enjoy the close proximity of the great shopping in the area, it seemingly is a great location for business and pleasure.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
HGIHoustonGalleria, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Houston Galleria, responded to this review, November 29, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for writing a review about your stay with us! I'm happy to share your comments with our staff during our weekly meeting. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and the cordial that we left for you. It's a nice little touch that our guests enjoy - especially after a long day of traveling or business!

I understand that you are a Hilton Honors member, but you mention that you don't really have one favorite brand and I'd just like to take this opportunity to share with you that our Hilton Honors Rewards Program is hard to beat! You acrue points for every dollar spent & you also have the ability to "double dip" by earning miles while you stay as well. It's a great way to treat yourself - especially if you travel for business often.

Happy Holidays!

San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2011

We chose to stay here as it is close to family but also the Galleria. There are several hotels in the area and this one has a very small pool and hot tub. Lots of parking and walking distance to the mall. Safe area and close to freeways. If you aren't staying downtown this Bellaire suburb is a nice place to stay. Breakfast looked nice although we didn't have time to have any. Rooms were spacious and very quiet.

Room Tip: We had a king room which also had a sofa and sitting area. Free wifi is a plus!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to write a review about our hotel!
We're so happy that you chose our hotel while you were visiting family! We know there are several hotels in the Galleria Area and appreciate your business!

Please keep us in mind the next time your travels bring you to Houston!

Happy Holidays!
Port of Spain, Trinidad
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights in October 2011 and found it to be an excellent alternative to the more expensive properties in the area. First, the location could not be better. You can walk to the Galleria in about 4 minutes and there are plenty of restaurants, etc., within 5 minutes drive. The hotel has a shuttle that works within a 5 mile radius so you don't even have to have a car.
Next, the hotel itself was comfortable and functional. My room was large, well-furnished and everything worked as it should (I was even right next to the elevator but never heard any noise). The internet was fast and reliable and the refrigerator and microwave were a nice addition. I had a chance to eat breakfast in the hotel once and the buffet was very good and reasonably priced ($10 I think). Fresh fruit, a waffle station and lots of other options made me wish I had eaten there everyday. In addition, the hotel has an exercise room that, while no rival to those in larger, more expensive hotels, was well-equipped and everything worked. Parking was never a problem either in front or in the garage (and at $10 much less expensive than in other nearby hotels).
Lastly, the service was excellent. It took about 2 minutes to check in & out, the housekeepers brought me extra luggage stands for my bags and the entire staff was courteous and helpful.
There are countless hotels in the Galleria area but every chance I get I will always stay at this one from now on. A great hotel at a great price.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Dear Loyal Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel! I am pleased to share your kind comments with our staff! You really touched on many of the amenities and services that I like to highlight when speaking with potential clients!

On behalf of the entire team at HGI Houston Galleria/Area thank you for your loyalty and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Diane G.

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Houston Galleria? Share your experiences!