“Not as bad as I expected..” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 38 Shopping in Houston
Type: Flea/ Street Markets, Shopping
Activities: Shopping
More attraction details
Owner description: The Green Mountain Energy Summer Concerts return to Houston's Traders Village Marketplace June 6, 2009. Performers such Ezra Charles & the Works, John Evans, Luther & the Healers, Mango Punch and more every weekend through August 30. Admission is free, just $3.00 to park.
Wharton, Texas
6 attraction reviews
“Not as bad as I expected..”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

My family and I went to Trader's Village Saturday July 14, 2012. I wasn't sure what to expect after reading reviews. It wasn't as bad as I was expecting it to be. There are a lot of vendors selling junk that should be thrown away but there are a lot of places with good things as well. You just have to take the time to look for it. I was not excited about the chance of seeing all the puppies others said were there from puppy mills but they weren't there when we went. There were a LOT of different kinds of birds for sale. It was very hot! They have cold drinks, we stopped at one of the little bars they have and had a margarita to cool off. We won't be going back unitl fall! I would suggest going to Trader's Village if you don't have anything to do on a weekend.

Visited July 2012

Houston, Texas
8 attraction reviews
“Probably will not go back...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I visited Trader's Village last fall. We had not been there in a number of years, and the market has changed considerably. It is now mostly a hispanic local market but the quality of the goods was very poor. There was a great deal of garage sale reselling going on, and a lot of junk. There are still some cute shops in the village, but nothing that would draw us back to deal with the crowd and parking hassles.

Quesnel, Canada
13 attraction reviews
“Large flea market”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2012

This is a very large flea market with lots of locals selling their new and used goods. Mostly inexpensive stuff like sunglasses, t-shirts and tools.

Many food vendors and interesting shops.

Visited February 2012
Seattle, Washington
“Gigantic Flea Market”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

The stalls just keep going and going, lots of knock-offs and cut-rate goods. But in the mix, there are some curiosities and deals to be had. I was mainly looking for records and I found a few goodies. Stay away from the corndog stand. How do you mess up a corndog? I guess I should know better, it is a corndog after all.

Visited October 2011
Houston
“Need to find a Market with more White people”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2011

This use to be great 8 years ago. Now it is overcome with mexicans. All selling pretty much the same thing.

When can we go to find a equally diverse culture?

Visited June 2011