“Don't bother with Box Seats” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hobby Center for the Performing Arts

Hobby Center for the Performing Arts
800 Bagby Street, Suite 300, Houston, TX 77002 (Downtown)
713.315.2400; box office: 713.315.2525
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 126 Attractions in Houston
New Jersey
23 attraction reviews
“Don't bother with Box Seats”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

It was our first time going to Hobby Theater and I went to see Les Mis on Sunday night. Weeks ago before buying the tickets I looked on their website and seating chart to make sure where I wanted to sit. There is an option to pick a seat and see what view of the stage you'll have. Well, I splurged for Box #1 and was so disappointed. I could only see 70% of the stage and anything that was going on on the left side I completely missed out on. There was a big screen for the background through out the show to help understand the events. I missed that also. Other than that the theater was easy to find and there was parking for a fee everywhere. It was a great show and I will go see more at this venue but lesson learned on Box seats. It seemed like the other box seats people were having the same problem as they were moving around trying to see the other side.

Visited November 2012

houston
48 attraction reviews
“Haven't Found a Bad Seat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Everytime we attend a performance here, no matter where we were seated, the acoustics and sight lines were just fine. The decor of the Center is lovely with a nice view of downtown Houston featured. We have worked with the staff on several occasions to take groups to a special performance and they were professional and helped us a lot. It is a great place.

Visited November 2012
Houston, Texas
50 attraction reviews
“I just love TUTS”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

I have been a season ticket holder of TUTS for many years. The variety of shows has something for everyone. For a special occasion I take a friend and create a memory.

Visited April 2012
Sugar Land, Texas
19 attraction reviews
“Hobby Center”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Really enjoy the productions they have. Location is easy to access and valet parking is nice. Going to see Peter Pan in December. Can't wait!

Visited July 2012
Toronto, Canada
18 attraction reviews
“Fantastic Venue”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

We attended a taping of the Oprah show last week at the Hobby Center and it was a great experience. The theatre is beautiful and the event was extremely well run so kudos to everyone involved for a job well done!

Visited October 2012