“It'll Work” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #63 of 451 Hotels in Houston
Irving, TX
“It'll Work”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I booked this hotel because the price was right and read enough reviews to feel confident going in what I was in for. I would highly suggest this hotel in a club room if you are traveling by yourself and price is important. I wanted to be centrally located because I had to travel all over Houston visiting clients and this fit the bill.

Extremely clean, ergonomic and if I had to come down to Houston again, I'd stay here. They believe in not overdoing it. The beds felt great and the linens were top of line. I enjoyed the "living room" with rotating snacks throughout the day. The hotel provided filtered chilled water on every floor with a dispenser and plastic water bottles to refill throughout the day. No waste here and you quickly understood the owners cared about the environment.

My car was valeted and I I didn't have to wait one time. Also, the bellmen didn't wait around for a tip and were happy to get your car for you.

There were two workout rooms, one of was over flow with 4 elipticals and there was a full weight set, tv and complimentary yoga kit sent up to your room if you wanted it.

I'd do it again. What I paid for my two nights would have easily been one night with parking at any of the other properties.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Polish first
Porto Alegre, RS
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Yes, breakfast should be included, but you don't have to worry, because there's a very good restaurant inside the hotel building serving fair priced breakfast. The hotel has a courtesy laundry service - you may use their machines and soup for free. There's a fitness centre. The hotel is well located, they have the most friendly and helpful staff. The rooms are really good, and so are the bathrooms. And the price is way better than anyplace that could match their service.

Stayed August 2014
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The hotel is GORGEOUS, it really feels like a private member's club! The staff are really lovely (one of them totally misdirected us but we got where we needed to go eventually!) and really helpful, you can print boarding passes etc on the computers in the lobby, they have lovely touches like free bottled water on the floors and tea, coffee and snacks in the lobby and the rooms are clean and very very comfortable. A much needed relief after the mistake of our last Air Bnb stay :D It's close to restaurants and the Minute Maid stadium and the bus to go to galleria and the greyhound/megabus terminal. It's quiet too, but I guess that depends which room you have and where it's facing. The only things are...it's really downtown! There are like...mentally ill people walking around the area yelling at buildings and on the weekend the area is spookily dead. (I'm not being mean, I know mental illness is serious, but they have a detention centre there and just lock people up now and again so they're all homeless too) The restaurant is a bit pants too, it's an outside restaurant sort of attached to the hotel...but the food is ok. A really good place to stay if you're there for business/sport.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

The hotel location is very good near the Main street, but sleep is difficult, something like a pump make a noise all night long. The computer on the lobby doesn't work very well, but the wifi is acceptable. The staff is very friendly and ready to help.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Kenora, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

I recently spent 2 nights in Club Quaters in Houston. I enjoyed My stay as the hotel was in a good location in relation to the soccer stadium (the reason I was in town). My room was great the bar staff (although a bit slow at times) were very friendly and eager to help us even when 20 of us walked in out of the blue. When I checked in my room wasnt quite ready and I was given some vouchers for the bar while I waited and that was brilliant. I wasn't even that bothered that it wasn't ready so the vouchers were a nice touch. Bravo! However, after leaving the hotel it was realized that a couple flags I had brought with me had been left behind. Friend of mine called the hotel and enquired about getting them sent back to us. The hotel is refusing to send them back to us with out a credit card number to use for shipping. Now in normal circumstances as a solo traveller I can understand. However, we had a good 20 odd people staying (maybe more) in the hotel and I dont even want to think how much we spent in the bar as I know I spent a couple hundred on my own. After all this and explaining everything to the hotel they still wont send me back my flags. Very dissapointed with the ending to what was otherwise a great stay and it will play in a part in future when I am booking a hotel in the States.

Room Tip: Get a queen bed quite. Much much larger than the normal rooms....Well worth the extra few bucks a n...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Houston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

My good friend used to lease an apartment at this hotel, but they recently decided to change the floor that had apartments into hotel rooms like the rest of the place. My friend who lived there loved the place and the staff. He always had great things to say about them. Coffee/cappuccino machine in the lobby, nice conference rooms, and plenty of places to eat nearby. It is conveniently located downtown, so getting around is easy; although I would not recommend walking around at night due to safety concerns. A very comfortable and cozy lobby.

Room Tip: The view of Discovery Green is nice if you can get a room with that view.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

Stayed here on a good internet deal, room-only, so no breakfast. Very comfortable room. Good, fast wi-fi. Didn't really use any other hotel services, so cannot comment, but would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Club Quarters in Houston? Share your experiences!