“Worth trying for something new - and returning for the food!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Middle Eastern, Persian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Houston, Texas
“Worth trying for something new - and returning for the food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

We had dinner there, and were just delighted with the flavors, textures and new dishes. The KASHK –E BADEMJAN (eggplant dip ... a puree of toasted eggplant with sautéed onions, garlic, mint, and Persian cream) was just delightful - especially with the wonderful fresh and hot naan-like bread they serve - and keep on serving until you stop them. For the main course, we split the MAHICHEH (a spring baby lamb shank, Sabzi Polow, and lamb broth) - and it was more than enough.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

95% Recommend
League City, Texas
“Delish”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

Everytime we go into Houston, which is really only when we need to go to the Galleria, Pottery Barn Kids, or Central Market, we make sure to eat here for lunch or dinner. This place is so GOOD. Make sure to get hummus. umm umm good. I tried making homemade hummus since eating theirs but of course it's not as good. Theirs is perfection. I also tried making whole grain pita bread hoping it would be like theirs but nope :(! They also give you taftoon bread, feta cheese, mint and radishes as a free appetizer. I have cravings for that. I keep telling myself I need to get the ingrediants so i can make it at home. I have had the koobideh which is excellent. my favorite is the beef chenjeh, but make sure you get the mast-o khiyar to dip it in. always delish when we go. it always hits the spot.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Excellent food every time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

My family and I eat here at least once a week and have never had a bad experience. The atmosphere is cozy, the outside is beautiful will flowers everywhere, and the staff is always nice. This is the only place I go for a Great Kabob other than home!

Houston, TX
“Great Persian Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

We've been going to this restaurant for years! Everything is delicious, always! It's tempting to order too much and their tabun pita is divine, everyone is going out with doggie bags, it's hard to decide what not to eat and the portions are huge! The persian dishes are explained in the menu. Full of Persian patrons, big family gatherings as well as couples and others, very warm atmosphere. We'll be back!

Texas
“Unique and Yummy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

Great appetizers...unique main dishes...nice facility. Best meal we've had in Houston in a couple of years.