“Excellent.” 5 of 5 stars

Dallas, Texas
“Excellent.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

This was the first time I stays at Hilton Garden Inn Houston Westbelt
6855 W Sam Houston Pkwy S, Houston, TX 77072. Everything is excellent. I also liked the office staffs, helping, gentle and most of all polite. You can choose the 2d floor to stay; however, this is the floor I experienced with. Other floors are probably as good as the 2d.
Thank you for your services.

Room Tip: 2d floor is the best.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Aliya A, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Houston Westbelt, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Dear Thoi N,

Thank you for staying at Hilton Garden Inn Houston Westbelt. We are delighted to hear that your first experience with us was pleasant and you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you back next time you are in Houston. If there is anything you may need, please do not hesitate contacting us.

Best Regards,

Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I called the hotel to see if the cleaning crew has turned in my iPad that I've forgotten in the room, and because of this reporting missing item that I didn't receive the hotel survey for my stay.
The manager insists his employee is honest and turned in all the EXPENSIVE items that guests forgotten in the room. Well, this "honest" employee did not tell him the truth about the exact amounts of tip was left in the room. So to me,this is not a so called an HONEST employee...

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Aliya A, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Houston Westbelt, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Hilton Garden Inn Houston Westbelt, and bringing your concern to our attention. On behalf of the entire staff and the our Front Office Manager you were communicating with, I once more would like to express our sincere participation in locating your iPad. Your case was reviewed in detail, and worked through each department of the hotel, approaching both department heads and team employees, to ensure that all procedures were in place; and your iPad was not found at the property. We would be happy to assist if there was anything we could do, therefore, please do not hesitate contacting us back.
We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you with us.

A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

The experience was overall pleasant. We were accommodated with a very late check in (around midnight) and the experience of checking in was painless. The hotel is undergoing construction in its lobby, which started in the middle of our trip. The beds were a little too firm for my taste, but the feather pillows were nice. I was disappointed that despite paying for a suite with a whirlpool tub, only one jet worked and it only worked occasionally. It was a waste of money, so I definitely wouldn't get a suite again, as that was really the only substantive difference between a regular room and a suite. It wasn't worth the hassle of asking to change rooms as we had checked in so late and were only staying the weekend. Also, good luck finding the toilet paper. The dispenser was hidden under the bathroom sink and we had to, embarrassingly, call the front desk to find it. Something that apparently happens frequently based on the comments of the front desk. All in all, there are cheaper hotels, but it was a nice place in a decent area that was close to the freeway for easy access. Also, the AC in the rooms were freaking great for that Texas heat!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Hilton Garden Inn Houston Westbelt for your stay. We truly appreciate your feedback, and glad that you had pleasant experience at our property. On behalf of the entire team, I would like to apologize for mentioned under delivery. Our maintenance staff was notified immediately to check on the whirlpool condition. Our lobby renovation is completed for our guests to enjoy it's new look and open space of the pavilion. I hope you consider us for your future stays, and we can show you more of our hospitality.
Should you need any assistance, please do not hesitate contacting us.

Best Regards,
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Front desk staff are willing to do whatever it takes to satisfy a customer! I arrived early before noon on Feb 21 and the reception went to lengths to accommodate my early check-in request inc. paging housekeeping to look for a room that has been serviced and ready for me. I forgot to catch her name but she was an Asian-looking young lady who helped me. She was professional - advising me it was before normal check-in time but still accommodated my request. Of course, the welcome package was appreciated and not something I have received before at other HGI properties. I wanted to congratulated the entire staff for such a well run property and will definitely stay again when I'm next in the area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Aliya A, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Houston Westbelt, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear Guest,

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at Hilton Garden Inn Houston Westbelt. It is great to get a feedback like yours, as we greatly appreciate our team going above and beyond to provide the best service to our guests.
Thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back with us soon!

Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

This is a great HGI! The reception staff and dining staff were very friendly. The rooms were clean and comfortable. I ordered a steak dinner for room service and it was amazingly very good! I would have never expected a room service steak would have been cooked perfectly and tasted so good. The only complaint I have is my room faced the front of the hotel where the highway traffic competed with the noise of the huge fans beneath my window. If I were to stay again I will request a room on the other side of the hotel. The location was not good for me as I am in Houston to do business at MD Anderson and the drive was a little far with traffic. I wish it were closer because this could be my new favorite in Houston.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Aliya A, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Houston Westbelt, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Hilton Garden Inn Houston Westbelt for your recent stay. It is a pleasure to know that it was enjoyable and memorable. Your compliments will be extended to the Chef and the rest of our team. We still would love to be your "home away from home" despite of hotel location being a bit far from MD Anderson.
We hope to have you back with us soon!

Denver Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

I stayed at this hotel on a business trip where I needed a no-nonsense (just take are of me) experience. The front desk was incredibly polite and efficient. They gave me a welcome packet above and beyond what I expected. The room was neat and clean. All in all, it was just a 5-star experience for me, above and beyond any other Hilton Garden Inn, I have experienced. My experience with Houston hotels has been mostly mediocre to poor, so this place is a gem in my humble opinion. Kudos to the staff and management for making my stay great!

Room Tip: Go with a high floor away from the elevators - just standard practice.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Aliya A, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Houston Westbelt, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

On behalf of the entire team, I would like to thank you for your compliments and sharing your feedback with other travelers. We are very pleased to hear that your experience with us exceeded expectations. We value our guests are strive to provide only the best service and accommodation.
We hope to see you back with us soon!

Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

I stayed here with spouse and two children (10 ys, 15 yrs) while visiting family so we were basically here just to sleep. The hotel is located in Houston's Chinatown so it is excellently situated for stores and MANY restaurants.

Pros:
Hotel is new and very clean.
Staff was friendly and professional.
Lobby is attractive.
Beds are very comfortable.
Very quiet. We were at the back of the hotel-no freeway noise.
EXCELLENT value.
Great restaurants nearby.

Cons:
There were four of us in the room and we had to ask for extra towels everyday.
The HVAC system seemed underpowered. If the a/c was running it was freezing next to the unit but warm and stuffy across the room. Not a big deal, just a little annoying.
There was no blanket aside from the comforter/bedspread. I dislike this because I never know how frequently those are washed.

Even with these issues, I would definitely stay again. We never ate in the hotel-too many good restaurants in Houston-but there is an excellent french bakery across Bellaire Blvd for breakfast.

• Stayed December 2012
Aliya A, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Houston Westbelt, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Hilton Garden Inn Houston Westbelt. We are pleased to see that you and your family enjoyed your stay and would like to come back again. Thank you for sharing your experience and concerns with other travelers. Our team is here to assist you during your stay, and should you need any additional amenities or services, please do not hesitate letting us know. We will be more than happy to deliver them to you.
We look forward to having you and your family back with us soon!

Director of Sales

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Houston Westbelt? Share your experiences!