“Excellent lunch buffet, now as good as in 2005” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2,294 of 7,200 restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Indian
Houston, Texas
“Excellent lunch buffet, now as good as in 2005”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

During my previous Houston stint in 2005, I used to have lunch at this place lot. I even had the satisfaction to run into an Indian colleague there, so it must be authentic!

Now I am in Houston once again, and I am very pleased that the lunch buffet is as good as it ever was. And this for a mere $ 7.95!

My personal favourite is the butter chicken.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

% Recommend
Cypress
“Screaming owner ruined our dinner”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

We ate at Taj India on an early Saturday evening in December, after a long bout of Christmas shopping. The dinng room was empty, except for us, a party of 3 - two adults, one child. The service was attentive and friendly. We ordered the Taj feast - dinner for two. Shortly after we received our appetizer, a man came in, walked behind the bar (seemed to be the owner or manager) and started arguing with a woman in the kitchen. It was actually at the level of screaming at each other, and the child with us was terrified. We considered leaving, but the phone started ringing with orders, so the man was forced to be friendly. Other patrons then came into the dining room, so he had to rein it in. The food? Quite good, especially the saag paneer. The experience? Terrible. Take out is the only way to go here.

• Visited December 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Not the same”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

For years I have been eating at this restaurant and always make a point to eat there wether it be lunch or dinner when visiting the Houston area. Last July I went there for lunch and had the Buffett and found that it's not as good as it use to be. So this time, I decided to try them for dinner and ordered from the menu.Thinking I would get better quality food , but sadly, I had been better off with the Buffett. Not bad Indian food but not as good as it once was.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Good for Indian close by. Mimosas are yummy. Try the butter chicken too.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2009

Good for Indian close by. Mimosas are yummy. Try the butter chicken too.