“Worst dine-in we ever had” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations, Buffet
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations, Buffet
Houston, Texas
“Worst dine-in we ever had”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2010

We went couple of times to Mayuri and had a terrible experience each time.The waitress who takes our order is horrible.She will decide wat u shud u eat and she will insist u to order more even though not required.I will never ever enter into mayuri wen she is there for sure.Coming to the food, Veg is little okay but Non veg is like rubber pieces. they must be using stale chicken. We took a coupon from restaurant.com for the next time , and they told us tat they won't take it bcoz coupons r not allowed on that particular day,which is not stated on the coupon itself. So we ended up paying more bucks for the food than we thought. The air conditioner barley works. We could not enjoy the food because we were sweating the whole time. Quality of eggplant curry and chicken curry was terrible.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Houston
“A total Indian Feel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2010

We had been as group of 15 to this restaurant last week .It was a treat from one of our friends to mark the celebration of his personal promotion as a Father.
And we all were really welcomed in with the Indian atmosphere. It was like getting back home.Except that the waiters were appeared as if they were already too tired with the huge no. of guests for the lunch that day. We had gone in for a Buffet.The best thing about it was the authentic south indian vegetarian food on the menu .It was delicious especially the masala dosa and chutney. I also liked the Bitter gourd ,cooked really well. But the non-v egetraians were not satisfied with the chicken or fish.They expected more of Indian masala in their chicken but hardly got it the way they want. Dessert was good , but the icecream had more taste of the Ice than the cream.
The least i liked about the restaurant was the music in the background, they had some scary tunes included in the playlist.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Houston, TX
“Terrible example of the Indian Cuisine !”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2009

My meal last night was the WORST Indian meal that I have had in a long time. I had barely taken a sip of my beer when the food arrived. This should have set off alarm bells! The cold goat curry was absolutely inedible and it tasted as if the cook had emptied the salt container into it. The meat was hard and did not taste like goat. If I was not in an Indian restaurant I would have sworn that I was eating “goat jerky” curry. I returned it the waiter who brought back a watered down version of the same thing. The Thali which is normally so delightful with so many different flavors was stale and everything on it was cold including the Rasam & Dal curry. I was thoroughly disappointed with the meal, presentation and taste. I think the Dallas branch of Mayuri is MUCH better and offers much more ACTUAL Indian taste and culture and service.
After last night's awful meal I shall do my best to warn my friends and colleagues about the terrible quality of food served at the Houston Mayuri restaurant.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
leon gto
“not that bad, nut alot of better options”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2009

eatable lunch buffet, but some options in it taste unpleasent, average service and price, i will lok for better options.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Opposite my office - enjoy the Lunch Buffet! Good Mix of Veg & Non-Veg Indian food. Glothes smell of”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2008