“A Persian Delight” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Kasra Persian Grill

Kasra Persian Grill
9741 Westheimer Rd, Houston, TX 77042-3960 (Westchase)
713-975-1810
Neighborhood: Westchase
Tulsa
“A Persian Delight”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

I went to this restaurant for lunch with a Persian friend and it was great. Everything they serve is some form of a kabob. I had the Chicken Barg which was very good. It was served with a heaping plate of Basmati rice. We also got an order of Hummus, of which I am normally not a fan of, but I loved this stuff! I couldn't get enough of it. It has garlice, lemon, and sesame seed in it. The portions are gigantic so be sure and bring an appetite.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

87% Recommend
Boulder, Colorado
“Clean and Authentic Food with great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

This is a nice and simple place. It is always busy with a nice scenery. Interesting enough you see a large middle eastern crowd with a lot of tables with women only. It has a very nice relaxed atmosphere and it seems authentic. The food is no-nonsense. It not heavy at all and very tasty. It tastes like made from scratch to order. It is very reasonable. I went a few times and it does not give you a lot of variety in flavors - but I guess that makes it authentic as well. Worth a couple of visits to try the most popular items on the menu. Good lunch place as well. The owner seems to be present at all times and welcomes everybody walking in.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Houston, Texas
“Authentic persian food reasonably priced”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

We have been going to this Restaurant for more than 24 years.
Kebob dishes are great along with the green vegetables & fresh baked bread.
Eggplant stew and lamb shank are very good.
Have had couple of bad service but never bad food.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Delicious Persian cuisine at reasonable price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

We visit this restaurant on Westheimer at least once a month. The flavor of Persian cuisine suits our palette perfectly.
We order hummus to go with the hot bread that is brought to the table as soon as we have been seated. We have to watch ourselves that we do not fill ourselves up with the delicious bread and the best hummus in town.
Our favorite meal consists of chicken Soltani served with dill rice. We also like the lentil soup to go with our meal. Other dishes that we have tried and liked are Lamb shank and Khorake Bademjan.
We typically end our visit with a cup of hot Persian tea served in clear mug.
We find the owner and the staff very friendly and attentive. The wait for seating is never more than 20 minutes.
When we leave the restaurant we always have a very satisfied feeling in our stomach and look forward to returning next time.
For us, this restaurant serves the best meal in town!

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Houston, Texas
“Your eyes will roll back in your head, it's that good.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

We have been there for dinner and lunch. My friend yesterday spent a good portion of lunch trying to figure out what they put in the hummus to make it so yummy. I don't know, either; all I know is that it's pretty much the best hummus I've ever had anyplace. And the bread! Wow. I've tried the chicken kubideh and was not a big fan, but the lamb shank is absolutely falling-off-the-bone delicious. I like the dill and fava bean rice but prefer the sour cherry rice; you can get half-and-half to try both, if you'd like. The service is awesome and the prices are reasonable. If we lived near here, I would go at least once a week. I wasn't kidding about the eye-rolling thing. :)

• Visited December 2012