“Good Food, Large Portions” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Kenny & Ziggy's New York Deli

Kenny & Ziggy's New York Deli
2327 Post Oak Blvd, Houston, TX 77056-4704 (Great Uptown)
713-871-8883
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #17 of 6,990 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: American, Sandwiches, Delicatessen
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Dessert, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Great Uptown
Houston, Texas, United States
“Good Food, Large Portions”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

My father wanted Matzo Ball soup so we tried Kenny & Ziggys. He said it was the best he ever had along with the chopped liver sandwich. Others at the table had the reuben and the black raspberry walnut chicken salad. We all took food home for another meal. The reuben is open faced and huge. The pastrami is very good - does not have a bite like some. The salad is fantastic. Definitely will be back.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Eh!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

It seems to be more about quantity than quality. Breakfast is expensive and not all that tasty. Desserts are good. Coffee was unremarkable...hit Starbucks across the parking lot.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Not great, but good.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Let me start by saying that I've only been there one time. Hardly enough to form a good opinion of Kenny & Ziggy's, but with that said, here's my first impressions based on that visit...
The place looks great. Exactly what I expected for a deli. The menu is huge. Too big I think. And they have "cute" names for all the sandwiches that are distraction that I would have prefered to do without. I really wanted just 1/2 a sandwich but our waiter politely told me that was not an option. I ordered the Ruben. If you're going to test a new deli, can you think of a better sandwich to try? It was served open-face with a ton of melted cheese on it. Too much I think. There is a perfect ratio of cheese to meat, and despite the large amount tasty meat I think there was too much cheese. The Russian dressing is served on the side (not my request). Two types of complementary pickels are served. They were fine. Basically, everything was fine... not great, but good. So my biggest disappointment was the investment. $16 for the Ruben, plus $2.35 for an inced tea. $20 (before tip) for a tea and Ruben, it better be great. At this price-point I have to compare my lunch to other options outside just other delis.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
“Always bustling”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

Decided on a sandwich for lunch. This is the best cornered beef I can find now in Houston. We also had the chicken soup, cole slaw, potato salad and cheese cake. Great service!

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Houston
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Deli”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

From the moment you step inside Kenny and Ziggy's you feel like you have been transported to an old style New York Deli. The sights and sounds bring back all the memories of past delis long fading but renewed in Houston.
The sandwiches and fish platters are the most generous I have ever experienced. All this brought to you by the attentive servers that make this experience complete. As you dine you might even have Ziggy stop by and say hello.
Whether you live in Houston are just visiting. Kenny and Ziggy's is a must.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere