“Great Tex Mex” 5 of 5 stars
Review of El Tiempo Cantina

El Tiempo Cantina
5602 Washington Avenue, Houston, TX 77007 (Great Uptown)
(713) 681-3645
Neighborhood: Great Uptown
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Great Tex Mex”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Took a group of 18 to El Tiempo on the recommendations from Trip Advisor and loved the place. I would recommend sending out the menu to your group ahead of time as it is a FULL menu with lots of great options. The service was at a casual pace, so don't be in a rush, but was friendly and accomodating. Food is top rate and I appreciated being able to make a reservation weeks ahead of time.

Visited November 2012

New Orleans, Louisiana
“Delicious.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

My wife and I took her little sister their for dinner; we thought it was delicious. We started with the house chips and salsa. Her little sister had gotten the Charro Plate which consisted of a beef taco, a pork tamale, and a beef enchilada. I ordered the chicken enchilada and my wife had gotten the Allegro Plate which consisted of a cheddar cheese enchilada, pork tamale, and a flaunta. It was all very filling. All dishes came with rice and beans. For dessert we shared a Tres Leches. Yummy! (what her little sister said after she took her last bite.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Seattle, WA
“Fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

This restaurant is a huge spectacle that seems to cater to tourists, but we loved it and spent two hours there for lunch. The food is delicious and they appear to do quite a take-out business, so maybe locals like it too.

Visited November 2012
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
“The best Margaritas I ever had!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

I was a regular at El Tiempo on I-10 before they had to shut down for the freeway expansion and then became a regular at the El Tiempo on Washington. Consistently, for the last 12 years, they have been my favorite Mexican restaurant in Houston. Service is great, the food is supperb and the Margaritas are unlike any you can find, anywhere. Although a bit crowded, waiting for a seat can be a good experience with the Margaritas and the munchies.

Visited May 2012
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“Great food and atmosphere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My niece and I ate here last Friday night as it is her favorite place. I was not disappointed! I had a fried avocado stuffed with chicken and it was fabulous. I've never even seen an entree like this before. Very efficient service and quick seating. Valet parking is available which we had to use because there aren't that many self parking spaces.

• Visited November 2012