“Kinda Loud, but Fun!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Houston, Texas
“Kinda Loud, but Fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2011

We always have a good time here! Have gone w/parties of 16+ and the service was excellent... Drinks are wonderful, & food is above- average! We all love the green rice!!! It's a good place for a celebration or to start your night on Washington!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Scott, Louisiana
“Best Tex-Mex”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

We stop in every time we are in Houston. This is the best Mexican food around. Their homemade tortillas are the freshest & best tasting ones yet!!! You will never be disappointed!!!!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Houston, TX
“My new favorite Mexican food in Houston”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

My wife and I met some friends at El Tiempo's Richmond location. We had another friend recommend it to us. Being a Mexican food junkie and aficianado I had to try it.

We started off with the guacamole. Simple enough. However, El Tiempo kicked this normally generic appetizer, up a couple of notches. Beautiful presentation as well as taste. They have several add-on's surrounding the guacamole...thinly sliced onions, garlic, pico. Excellent! The chips and salsa were fresh and made right here at the restaurant. They give you a green and red sauce. The red sauce was unlike any I've tasted, with a slight smokey taste. VERY good!

Our party ordered several entrees. I had the combination plate with cheese enchilada, taco and fajita. It was great. My wife ordered the fajitas for one and not only was it terrific, she could barely eat half of it, they gave her so much! Very good sauteed onions, and again, beautiful presentation. Our friends had the chili relleno and the grilled fish, both of which were outstanding.

Finally, the dessert. I had the tres leches which was an 8 on a 10 scale. The sopapillas were also really good, but I think they should add some cinnamon to them.

The service was very attentive, but they did get our checks mixed up. They were always at our table at the right times checking on us and offering refills.

El Tiempo has now bumped Molina's and Cyclone Anayas down to second and third place in my Houston Mexican food order.

• Visited July 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Houston, Texas
“Seriously- THE BEST MEXICAN FOOD in HOUSTON”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2011

First off, we usually go to the Richmond/Buffalo Speedway location, but the food is phenomenal either way. The choriqueso is DIVINE as is the tableside service that comes with it. I hate to admit it, but my fave entree is the cheddar enchiladas...I know- sounds boring...but they are far from ordinary and AMAZING!!!. My husband always gets the carnitas- best we've ever had. Oh - and you can't go wrong with a rita on the rocks- just be careful b/c they are potent. I HIGHLY recommend this one!!!

Visited February 2011
Joplin Missouri
“Cinco de Mayo”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2011

This was THE PLACE to be on Cinco de Mayo. Of course we had to wait, maybe 30-45 minutes. The atmosphere was like a festival, so there was no shortage of beautiful people, interesting conversation, and lovely costumes. It was packed! Everyone was friendly, courteous and helpful. They sell fajitas by the pound. There were four in our group, and the waitress recommended 1.5 lbs. That was way too much. After chips and drinks, we barely made it through 1/2 lb. The fajita meat comes on a small charcoal unit that keeps everything hot. We ended the meal with sopapilla They were the BIGGEST sopapillas I have ever seen...like small loaves of bread.

• Visited May 2011