“Greal meal and service!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen

Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen
2410 Richmond Ave, Houston, TX 77098 (Greenway/ Upper Kirby)
(713) 527-9137
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #167 of 7,288 Restaurants in Houston
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Greenway/ Upper Kirby
Nashville, TN
“Greal meal and service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

We love eating at Pappadeaux and this was another awesome meal. Whenever we travel and there is a Pappadeaux in the city, we try and visit. This was such a great experience that we enjoyed two meals during the recent week in Houston. The food was outstanding as usual. I had a seafood platter and everything was delicious. My wife had a marvelous selection of fish and crawfish and it was just as tasty. The crawfish bisque is awesome and is the best ever! For dessert we shared a chocolate brownie cake with ice cream and it was simply delicious. Another observation - whenever we are at Pappadeaux, everyone in the restaurant is so happy and I think this is truly an enjoyable dining experience and customers love to enjoy the incredible food and service. Our server was great and was super attentive to every need and request. I highly recommend Pappadeaux wherever, but this was another great dining experience for us.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

South Houston, Texas
“Wonderful food and service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Went here for my family for my birthday. There were 13 of us and we had called for reservations. When we arrived our table wasn't quite ready, but there is a nice, shady patio area for waiting. There are some tables there, too where you can eat outside. My pregnant daughter came in and was overheated and the hostess quickly got her some cold water and a place to sit. Our table was ready quickly and Laurent was our server. I have not had excellent service in a restaurant in a long time and Lauren set the bar for other serves in that restaurant and everywhere else, as far as I'm concerned. We didn't have to ask for a single thing during our meal; she seemed to know what we needed. Our orders were taken quickly and the food came out in a timely manner. It was very good; Pappadeaux in Kemah was a great place, but Hurricane Ike wiped it out and it wasn't rebuilt. I was very glad to find this location and have such a good experience there.
All of our requests were handled quickly and the hostess checked on my daughter before we left. The atmosphere was friendly, although a little upscale, but very comfortable. The restaurant had nice decor and was extremely clean; restrooms, too. We had a great time, and I highly recommend this place. Ask for Lauren as your server!!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Canada
“not cheap but who cares... yummy cajun... I was spoiled for choice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

Our waiter was the best, so polite and saying "y'all" :) It took me way too long to decide what to eat since there were many gumbos, cajun blackened catfish and skewers of lobsters etc. All served with dirty rice. It's like red lobster but 10 times better. I would definitely eat here again.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Always a good, consistant place to eat.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

I love Pappdeaux. Great food but not always the cheapest.

Every time I visit Houston (Several times a year) I look one up and head that way. I went again this past week and was not disappointed.

Service is what you would expect for a above moderate priced establishment, food matches. I ordered half a dozen fresh oysters and fish. I was not disappointed with either. I was too full for desert but very happy I made the drive as always.

The lowdown
* Great food, excellent preparation
* Good service
* Fairly pricy if you are budget minded
* A must when I travel South
* Great for Business Meetings, romantic dates, anniversaries, or pretty much any special occasion.
* Probably not the best choice for couples with small children (I have two young girls and would not take them here). It is a quiet, relaxed environment and not the welcome chaos you search for with young children.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Calgary, Canada
“Pleasantly surprised”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

I have been to Houston many times and have never gone to any of the Pappas chains. This trip, my colleagues insisted and I went along. This was a great experience that I wouldn't expect from a chain so to speak. The service was above average, our waiter was excellent. My food was also very good (my Beefsteak Salad was actually excellent) and the atmosphere was superb. I will be careful about stereotyping chains in the future based on my experience at this restaurant.