“tasty Indian food in Rice Village” 4 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Shiva Indian Restaurant
2514 Times Blvd, Houston, TX 77005-3225 (University Place)
713-523-4753
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #1,799 of 7,288 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Indian
Neighborhood: University Place
Neighborhood: University Place
Houston, Texas
“tasty Indian food in Rice Village”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014 via mobile

I am admittedly NOT an expert on Indian food, and also don't have a lot tolerance for fiery hot food. The food at Siva was flavorful, and had plenty of options, spicy and tame, meatless and vegetarian.

We had a fairly large group, (12 people,) and the service struggled to keep up. We went long periods where water was not refilled, and the wait staff was not around.

Visited February 2014

“Visitor S”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

Good service and excellent food. The environment and prices are super. My family and I strongly recommend this venue. Sincerely.......

New Delhi, India
“Pathetic food and service..”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

Worst restaurant near downtown area. The food sucks big time, Onion Nan had a foul smell, we complaint about the smell and the arrogant owner told us that this is how onion Nan's taste like. Imagine a Nan with a foul smell of an egg. We told him that this is an honest feedback and you should hear us out, but he started arguing and told us to give feedback to someone else. I am huge fan of Onion Nan and trust me it was a disgrace to Onion nan.

Worst Dal makhni ever, they call it Dal Maharani.... what a Crap!!!!!
Menu says "Tandoori platter"(between all the veg items), and doesn't says anything about Neg or Non Veg. We ordered Tandoori platter thinking we will be served with Paneer Tikka, Veg Seekh kababs etc.. but they served us with some Non veg Crap. Owner started arguing that we don't know how to communicate :)... Yeah right... fix your menu first is idiot!!!!!

Finally we were served with Veg platter(yes with Paneer tikka's and veg Kababs).... Guess what???? Samosa and Gobhi pakoras... Imagine Veg platter having Samosas and Pakoras... Phewww!!!

Talk about service, they will not even serve water to you... when we complaint about the service there waiters turned flying bugs with water jugs, they will not let you eat and will come to your table again and again(I know owner told them to bother us).

Very very arrogant owner... trying to bring down his own reputation...

A highly recommended restaurant for your enemies...

• Visited December 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Houston, Texas
“Vivid Good Tasteful Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

Taste that comes alive in your mouth from appetizer to delicious entrée. Delightful introduction to what is offered in the menu by Anil. Appetizer offered flavors of vegetables and chicken and lamb with wonderful hot flat bread. Indian Kingfisher beer served in chilled glass fir perfectly with extraordinary lamb dish with cashew sauce and rice. Service was attentive and excellent. Try this Village dining experience even if Indian food is unusual for you.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Halifax, Nova Scotia
“Good quality but server was rude!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

Our first time in Shiva. We were told we did not need a reservation for Saturday night so arrived at 6:30 with no reservation to a rather busy house. Our server hardly allowed us to review the menu, while he did recommend some dishes, he was rude and actually told me, even though I have a food intolerance to certain spices that I was going to try the samosas. I wanted to try the pakoras and the saag paneer. But, he put the order in for the chicken tikka masala which he recommended and I wanted to try but then walked away with my menu. It was delicious, but I like to try several items to better know what to order next time. The food came in a good time, and it was delicious. I would try Shiva again, but would hope not have this same server. He was dressed differently than the other servers, could he be the MANAGER?? With such a rude manner I hope not.

• Visited November 2013