“Great Steak” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 7,015 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children, Doing business, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Houston, Texas
“Great Steak”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

One of the best steak houses in Houston. Only a couple other places come close to the quality of their steak.

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

• Turkish first
bangalore
“Best steaks in the world!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

I was in Houston on a business trip and was looking to whet my appetite with some authentic Texas steaks. I visited Taste of Texas on the recommendations of my local colleagues. There was no waiting time to get in as I was warned, though I went at around 1 PM on a weekday. I ordered a Texas T-bone 20 oz and while I was waiting for it to be served, our server Laura suggested I try Jumbo Lump Crab cake - this is a heavenly generous serving of crab meat(no shell) mixed with Parmesan, Cheddar and Provolone cheese. Remoulade sauce and lemon are added for extra flavor. I devoured it and ordered another. The T-bone arrived a little later and was cooked to perfection. There is a salad bar but I wasn't interested as I was in a very carnivorous mood. The staff are very friendly, polite and warm even on a busy day. The restaurant has lots of Texas culture - cowboy clothing, guns, other hunting equipment which also included some stone age stuff, saddles, lassos and even a stuffed bear. I didn't get a free red bandana being a first time customer but was least bothered. I visited again the next day and had the crab cake, jumbo grilled shrimp and a Center Cut Filet 10oz steak. The experience was only better than the previous day. This place is a must visit for every foodie especially steak lovers.

• Visited November 2012
Houston
“Great ambiance”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

This place was highly recommended so we were really looking forward to eating here. The salad bar is really really good. The steak? Ok, nothing extraordinary ..... but then I'm not a steak girl

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Delicious steaks....go later at night to avoid wait time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

We went over the Christmas break 2012 after having read many many reviews. We called ahead to get an estimated wait time (was told 45min to 1.5 hrs) and got there around 8:30pm. Thankfully we were seated within 20 minutes which was very surprising but I guess a lot of people cancel/leave upon seeing the wait time. But that 20 minute wait could have been a lot longer and we would not have minded. They have free drinks, popcorn & wifi in their waiting area with lots of seating available. The waiting area seems like part of the experience itself.

Our server (asian guy, forgot his name) was super entertaining and knowledgeable about his steaks. If you don't know what you want, I'd recommend asking your server. I ended up getting hte 6oz fillet with the garlic sauce. He even took us to the back room where we got to pick out our own steaks. The steak was a perfect size for me especially with the high end AYCE salad bar avaialble.

Overall, great experience (free red bandanas for first time customers), delicious food and a good family memory. It is a bit pricey but it was not a normal every day meal for it so it was okay.

• Visited December 2012
The Woodlands, Texas
“If you want THE BEST go to Taste Of Texas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Absolutely the best steaks, service, and salad bar that you will find in Houston and perhaps all of Texas. High quality steaks that are cooked to perfection and a diverse salad bar with all the appropriate sides. They only take reservations for large parties so you may have to wait, however not long, as the restaurant is large.

• Visited February 2013