“Lunch near a job site” 3 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Cafe Red Onion (Kirby)
3910 Kirby, Houston, TX 77098 (Greenway/ Upper Kirby)
(713) 807-1122
Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Caribbean, Latin, Mexican
Neighborhood: Greenway/ Upper Kirby
Neighborhood: Greenway/ Upper Kirby
“Lunch near a job site”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

I have only been to the Red Onion once but I remember that the food and service were great. Unfortunately, one is not located near where I live.

65% Recommend
“Cafe Red Onion”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Gets great reviews have been there three times thinking I order the wrong thing. I just don't get it. The food is at best (compared to what is available near by) average. The service is average and the cost above average

Visited February 2013
South Lake Tahoe, California
“Latin american fusion”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

This is not a tex-mexican restaurant but is a fusion of latin american cusine and in my opinion is one of the best restaurant in houston. Food is dilicious and I like the mango appetizer and I love really love the chimichurri strip steak!

Visited January 2012
Houston, Texas
“I have never been wowed by Red Onion”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

In a city full of great restaurants, great South American food and great Mexican food, I have never been really wowed by the food at Red Onion. I do take clients to lunch here sometimes. The decor and service are good. It is okay, but not great.

“Darn!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012 via mobile

We have been omce before and loved the food - unique dishes, well prepared. Went in May 2012, and it was closed! Hoping this is temporary.... So call before you go.