“Bring Me Some More Cuban Pork” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #2,734 of 7,288 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Caribbean, Cuban, Mexican
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Spring, Tx, USA
“Bring Me Some More Cuban Pork”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2012

Cafe Red Onion is a unique experience in Houston. It is a Latin fusion cafe that delivers a variety of flavors and visual experiences with a side of Pineapple Salsa. One of their signature meals is the Cuban Pork, a wonderful meal that I order for the Goat Cheese Au Gratin side dish. My family raves over the Fish Tacos and the chicken dishes and the other fish dishes and, well you get the picture. The only downsides: the place is nearly always packed so there can be a bit of a wait (I've never had to wait longer than 30 minutes) and the hard surfaces in the well decorated dining room do not dampen the noise. Don't be put off by the location, Cafe Red Onion is worth the trip.

Nederland, TX
“Very Unique”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

I have eaten at this location 3 times. Each time I have tried something new (and usually something off of my wife's plate :) ) and I have not found anything that I do not like. The best thing that I have had is the Chicken Brazil. I brought my boss here last week and he was really impressed with the chorizo stuffed corn tortillas with cactus pico.
They also have GREAT salsa. They bring you a pineapple salsa along with their take on the traditional tomato based salsa. (We usually purchase some to bring home.) (Be careful because the like to pick up the chips and salsa when they are clearing your plates.)

• Visited February 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Saint Louis, Missouri
“awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2012

I had the lobster, with awesome salad, wait staff very friendly. Sat me at a very comfortable booth even though I was by myself. A lot of fantastice food for the money. Try the salsa's MMMMMM good

• Visited June 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Houston, Texas
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2012

Chef Rafael is fantastico! Everything is done to perfection!

Houston, TX USA
“Yum”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2012

Creative menu and excellent flavor. I always try something different.