“Good Cajun style seafood” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1,084 of 7,288 Restaurants in Houston
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Delivery
Description: Serving Cajun Comfort Cuisine in a Casual Dining Atmosphere. Features a full bar with daily happy hour. Delivery and full service catering is also available.
Houston, TX
“Good Cajun style seafood”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Dropped in to Boudreaux's for a quick lunch with my spouse...ordered the boudin with rice and the fried seafood platter to share... The catfish was old school, crunchy seasoned cornmeal breading, cooked to perfection...really very good...the crawfish were tasty and nicely done, the fried shrimp were good, too. However, the stuffed shrimp (which came 10 minutes after the platter, for some reason) was undercooked and tasted kind of like a sweet corn fritter with shrimp inside. Not what I expected and frankly, not too appealing, at least to me. The boudin was good, but I thought it was rather bland. service was good, staff friendly and a convenient location!

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

kansas
“Would not recommend!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

I should of paid attention to my first impression and walked out after I saw that you had to order your food from the counter and then grab a seat! Very average food-nothing special. A little pricey for the casual vibe. The one positive:the counter girl was enthusiastic and very helpful-she earned 5 stars. Skip this place.

• Visited February 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Houston, Texas
“True to Form”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

I am a recent transplant to Texas not yet a year here and I know we spend our lives hearing that everything in Texas is bigger and better but I am here to tell you it truly is! The amount of restaurants and variety of cuisine in the Houston area alone is mind boggling. I spend hours just trying to decide where to eat. So when I say that someone is a cut above believe me they are. Boudreaux's Calun Kitchen is such a place check them out on line at www.Go-Cajun.com you'll find a place on their web page with a mission statement that says something to the effect of using the freshest ingredients available to make the most authentic dishes possible from scratch. Friends and neighbors they are not kidding! I am a professional cook and I have cooked Creole, Cajan, Gullah and others for decades and I do it well but I am not shy to say I just had a plate of craw fish etouffee that wants to make me hang up my apron it was that good. Beautiful butter flavor wonderful blend of spices just enough to warm your soul without burning your tongue, I have half a mind to go volunteer to wash dishes just to learn how they cook!

So if you find yourself in Houston, Texas and you want a warm and fuzzy plate of something to warm your soul go straight to Boudreaux' Cajun Kitchen, place an order, grab a cold beer or a big tea and relax...this is the kind of place that will make you forget the hustle and bustle and slow you down to Texas time...enjoy.

Steve Sniezak Chief Steward and cooking author

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“Love those Oysters!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

I was in Houston this April on a business trip and I happened to see this restaurant reslly close to my hotel and i walked over here and decided to try the Fried Oysters and boy did they hit the spot!! I grew up on the East Coast but have lived in the Midwest for many years and when I get a chance for seafood especially the shellfish a la Clams, Scallops and Oydters in that order i am there!!

• Visited April 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Great New Orleans food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

This restaurant food was awesome. I ordered the shrimp and grits (smoked gouda cheese)-and loved it. The food came out in a timely manner, and afforable. Great music...give you a New Orleans feel! A lot of food, so be prepared to take home a doggy-bag. The bread pudding with rum sauce is to die for!.... Would definitely recommend this restaurant.!

Visited November 2012