“Mouth-watering BBQ will bring us back again and again” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #882 of 7,278 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Barbecue
Cypress, Texas
“Mouth-watering BBQ will bring us back again and again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2011

My husband and I were hungry for BBQ and the place we used to go recently closed down. Upon recommendation from our daughter we decided to try the Valley Ranch BBQ on State Highway 249 As stated in other reviews upon entering the restaurant there are places to wash your hands western-style. You go in and order your meal and pay at the register. You then go through a line(none when we were there) and receive your plate. You then go seat yourself and get your drinks. There is also an area that has all the fixin's you might need, Ie, pickles, onions, BBQ sauce, etc. I loved my BBQ brisket sandwich. It is the BEST brisket sandwich that I have had in a very long time. My husband ordered the BBQ plate which came with a choice of 2 meats and 2 side dishes. He had brisket and sausage with beans and potato salad. I did not like the beans as they were sweet but the potato salad was SCRUMPTIOUS ! I don't normally eat too many peoples potato salad and I really liked this. There was so much food on his plate that he took some home and it was enough for both of us to have a sandwich on Sunday. We both enjoyed it and encourage everyone else to try it out . There is also a little train track that goes around the restaurant and a play area for children. Great atmosphere.

• Visited October 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Katy, TX
“OMG, SOO glad I stopped here!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

I was craving some BBQ and wanted to try somewhere new so, I stopped in for lunch and I am sure glad that I did. The Ribs were FANTASTIC and had me craving more, I will be back again really soon for more. The mashed potatoes were fresh and very good too, the coleslaw was pretty good. In my opinion the BBQ sauce (which is served on the side) was too strong and took away from the taste of the meat. Because my eyes were bigger than my stomach and I wanted more than just ribs I ordered a 1/2 lb of beef too. The beef was pretty good but, I enjoyed the ribs the most. Do yourself a favor and stop in for some of the best ribs around.

• Visited August 2011