“Cajun food at its finest!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #149 of 6,949 Restaurants in Houston
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Houston, Texas
“Cajun food at its finest!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

I recently joined a business associate for lunch and arrived shortly before 11:30. While we did not have to wait to be seated, the restaurant was already full for the lunch time rush. During the weekday, the restaurant offers a lunch menu with entree's reasonably priced at $12.50. I had the shrimp/crawfish etoufee while my associated tried the grilled scallops. Both entrees were served to perfection. Service was prompt and efficient as there were still people waiting to be seated in the restaurant at 1pm when we left.

If your in the Galleria or Greenway Plaza area, I highly recommend giving this restaurant a try for either lunch or dinner. However, be aware this location is popular and a wait may be necessary during peak times.

• Visited April 2013

“Great Cajun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

Some of the best Cajun in Houston. Went on the early side on a Sat night to avoid the long wait. Service was good. The waiter informed and helpful. The food was excellent. We shared the fish cakes. I had the seafood courtboullion, gumbo with a lot of seafood. And it was marvelous. My wife had the snapper with seafood topping. She really enjoyed hers.The helpings were served piping hot. Will definitely go back. Always enjoy unpretentious casual restaurants, where the food is more important than the decor or the wine list. My only complaint, albeit a mild one was the paucity of beers offered.

Houston, Texas
“Excellent food; good choices of seafood and pasta”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

The food is excellent and the service is generally pretty fast, and our last visit was no exception. Atmosphere is casual, with a few TV's showing sports in the dining room in case you want to keep up with the game. We love that they have a big selection of pasta and seafood dishes because everyone can get what they want. Portions on the pasta dishes are huge. If you order the pasta be sure to get the "small" size, which is basically a small platter. Among our favorites are the Pasta Apache and Pasta Zeus. I don't like the fact that they don't serve real butter, but instead offer packets of "buttery spread" but otherwise find the food of very good quality.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Good food!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Was in Houston on business and this restaurant was recommended. We went and found the parking lot full and a line out the door. We were able to get a table in the bar. The seafood ceviche salsa and homemade chips is really, really good. I had a bowl of seafood gumbo and boiled crawfish. The gumbo was tasty and the crawfish were spicy, large and good.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Real New Orleans food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

The food here is very close to tasing just like the New Orleans food that I'm used to eating. They even have melba toast , which seems to be a lost cracker nowadays. I had the seafood gumbo (could use a little more seafood) and shrimp creole. Very good. Only problem was that I got a feeling from the waiter that he wanted us to leave so he could turn the table over. And the service seemed a little slow at times. I was visiting with a friend that is moving overseas and we were catching up. SO we satyed our course and continued to visit.

• Visited January 2013