“Good food, fun atmosphere” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Willie G's Seafood & Steak House

Willie G's Seafood & Steak House
1605 Post Oak Blvd, Houston, TX 77056-2902 (Great Uptown)
713-840-7190
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Willie G's Seafood & Steak House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #284 of 6,949 Restaurants in Houston
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene, Doing business, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Great Uptown
Cross street: San Felipe
Mississippi
“Good food, fun atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

We ate here recently with a large group of friends. Everyone enjoyed their meals and our server was very efficient and personable. I would recommend eating here when in Houston.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Orlando, Florida
“Positive anticipation going in... let down going out”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

Went to Willie G's with a group of co-workers, who had been previously, and all had very positive things to say. I rarely order seafood from any menu - that's just not my general style - but I decided early to get the shrimp scampi for some reason. I focused in on a chardonnay that I liked to pair, and placed my order - the wine, a wedge salad with ranch instead of blue cheese, and the scampi. The wine I received did not taste "fresh" - I had recently had the same wine and it wasn't quite the same here. I didn't say any thing, knowing it could have been my finicky taste buds. The wedge I received was first a ceasar salad, then with some shifitng around was finally the wedge with ranch I requested - except it also had the chunks of blue cheese. Ok, I didn't specify that with ranch dressing also meant no blue cheese chunks, my bad. Then the scampi came, and it was a good pile of angel hair, with six shrimp sitting on toast on either side of it. The pasta was generally dry (vs. other scampi I have had) and the shrimp was ok, but not overly flavorful. If that is where the night ended, I would have marked this as average, but the extreme stomach pains I encountered at 1 am, with nothing other than the Willie G's in my stomach, that's what knocked this down a notch. Will strongly encourage co-workers to go somewhere else when we get together next time.

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Vail, Colorado
“delicious!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Loved this restaurant. Great service and atmosphere. The menu was extensive with a lot of seafood dishes to chose from. Loved the cajun influence! The location is in the Galleria area. Great for a wonderful lunch.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Galveston, Texas
“One of Galveston's best dining establishments”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

I must say, Willie G's is one of the best restaurants in Galveston. The service is generally exemplary but I've had a lousy waiter a couple of times. The food is very good and for a high end restaurant it's a good value. I don't mind paying for quality and top notch service and Willie G's has both.

Visited July 2013
richmond virginia
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

Came for steak. The steak was served room temperature and mine was under cooked. Also we didn't think it was high quality meat. My wife couldn't eat hers and it was taken off the bill. Had happy hour half priced margaritas and peeled shrimp and fried zucchini which was very good. Skim milk served with the coffee. Took forever to get water refilled. Maybe the fish is better.

• Visited June 2013