“Wings and Waffles-Awesome” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Breakfast Klub

The Breakfast Klub
3711 Travis St, Houston, TX 77002-9505 (Midtown)
713-528-8561
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #26 of 7,259 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Entertaining clients, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch
Neighborhood: Midtown
Dallas, TX
“Wings and Waffles-Awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I was working in Houston and had been hearing about the Breakfast Klub for some time. My friend who had been singing the praises offered to take me there for breakfast. It was a great experience. As other reviewers have said Marcus Davis and the entire staff are very personable and make you feel like you are having a meal in their home. Since my friend is a regular, he knew just about everyone working there.
As we prepared to order my Houston friend asked if I wanted a dish with eggs which he described as very good. I just had to order the chicken and waffles. When I started eating I immediately realized that the wings were very special because of the quality of the wings themselves. Then they are made like grandma used to make. Wow.
The Breakfast Klub should also be known for their excellent coffee. I like mine strong and I found exactly what I wanted.
I recommend that anyone visiting Houston at least eat breakfast once at The Breakfast Klub. It is an unforgettable experience

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Averill Park, NY
“Great place, nice people, awesome food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

The place had a line that stretched out the door. Always a good sign. The line moved quickly. The hostess passed out menus and explained the ordering process. She made the wait fun. You order at a counter, where they give you a placard with a number, and you find your own seat.

The food was outstanding. My wife had a good veggie omelette, and my daughter had scrambled eggs. They both got potatoes, and toast or a biscuit. I had the fried catfish with grits. This is good southern cooking, where they don't worry about how much butter they use. So just be good the day before and after, because it's worth it.

Visited February 2013
Houston
“They got it right”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

We love it here. Its always a special place to go...and we always have to wait at least like 20 mins or longer. Its just that packed. A lot of times the owner is there walking around greeting everyone. Very personable guy. If you are visiting Houston, put this on your list of places to go. Let me tell you up front: you will wait a while. If you go knowing that, it won't make the wait so bad. The good food makes up for it entirely.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Omaha
“Off The Hook!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Great food, great times and good people. This is a must stop when you are in Houston for sure. Marcus Davis is the master of ceremonies. Specialty breakfast plates include wings and waffles or catfish and grits. There is nothing here that comes in "size small plate", either. Worth every penny.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Minnesota
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

You MUST get up early for this restaurant and it is worth every minute of missed sleep. You have to be the first group of customers to enter the restaurant to get the total experience of this special place. The staff welcomes the customers will warm applause and big smiles. I have never experienced this level of customer appreciation before. I wished I lived in Houston so I could support this community grounded establishment.

• Visited January 2013